• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

If you were president.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright for this for a what would you do type thing.
With the current events as is if you were the U.S. president what would your actions be? I especially want to hear thoughts from Ironslave tbh.:music:

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
president of what country ??
if you mean the US president, then i would bring the damn troops back.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
president of what country ??
if you mean the US president, then i would bring the damn troops back.

That's it..?

Fixxed the thing. lol

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hoesntly If I were president i'd revamp everything.

1. Changed the pull back actions of troops from the middle east to 2 months.
  2. Televise a peaceful speech of forgivness to the middle east both peacful and extremist for our actions and that we are now leaving. Saddam is dead you have democracy im happy now im leaving.
  3. Tax decrease the government doesn't need the money the economy and businesses need it. I would make huge tax cuts to both income and busniess tax.
  4. I'd veto this stimulus package asap.
  5. I'd reestablish the need for scientific research and medical development. And hand out government contracts to failing coorporations so that they in turn hire and make jobs for american people.
  6. I'd personally go to the middle east and offer peaceful meetings with the exetremist to reach the most peaceful resolution to avoid future conflict.
  7. I'd cut the welfare budget by 1/2 they are in all due respect and as much compassion as possible people whom get money for doing nothing and contributing nothing to the US, except a growing population.
  8. I would propose and attempt to push through governement grants to construction companies to demolish and rebuild vacant housing projects within metropolictian cities.
  9. I would push for 10% salary cuts from all congressmen and my self, in the interest of the economy and to earn the trust of the american people until such a time that we are no longer within a national debt.
  10. I would establish negociations with african nations strong with natural resources to build hospitals and school employed with members of the peace corp to influence safe sex practices, education and the upbringing of it's economy and networth for the exchange of U.S. governement run mining operations on diamond mines employed with only african natives on an amcerican minimum wage. In turn collect these diamonds to increase American capital.
  11. I would create several public work projects to inlfuence peace between different races and cultures.
There's countless mroe but I posted this just to get the ball rolling.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
1. Make Ron Paul my vice-president
2. Let my vice-president call the shots
3. Go on vacation for four years

edit: so basically I'd be just like George Bush, except I'd have RP instead of Cheney. lol.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd post my idea but they are kinda immature...and i can see this is a serious thread :iough:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1. Make Ron Paul my vice-president
2. Let my vice-president call the shots
3. Go on vacation for four years

edit: so basically I'd be just like George Bush, except I'd have RP instead of Cheney. lol.

:49: , pretty much.

Great idea for a thread though.

Pretty much, most of what I would do would be to remove existing legislation, rather than make new ones.

Hoesntly If I were president i'd revamp everything.

1. Changed the pull back actions of troops from the middle east to 2 months.
  2. Televise a peaceful speech of forgivness to the middle east both peacful and extremist for our actions and that we are now leaving. Saddam is dead you have democracy im happy now im leaving.
  3. Tax decrease the government doesn't need the money the economy and businesses need it. I would make huge tax cuts to both income and busniess tax.
  4. I'd veto this stimulus package asap.
  5. I'd reestablish the need for scientific research and medical development.
  6. I'd personally go to the middle east and offer peaceful meetings with the exetremist to reach the most peaceful resolution to avoid future conflict.
  7. I'd cut the welfare budget by 1/2 they are in all due respect and as much compassion as possible people whom get money for doing nothing and contributing nothing to the US, except a growing population.

1. Agree with everything here. Glad to see you are promoting peaceful communication, it seemed in the other thread that you encouraged "American ass whooping around the world".

And hand out government contracts to failing coorporations so that they in turn hire and make jobs for american people.

Why? There's a reason these corporations are failing, why reward failure?

A serious fallacy is that it is the government's duty to "create jobs", when it shouldn't be at all... is should be assisting the private sector in creating prosperity and productivity. Think of it like this (analogy mentioned by Henry Hazlitt in "Economics in One Lesson".

Say the government decides to start building a bunch of bridges (let's not use the example of bridges collapsing currently in America). Let's imagine that the current bridges are perfectly safe and functional, but, the government wants to create jobs, so it decides to build new ones. After the job is done, there is a new bridge, but there is absolutely no difference in the beneficial effect of the policy. Before you had a bridge, and now you have a bridge. The policy may have created a job, but it was a job that didn't serve any value to the country's productivity at all, because it wasn't necessary.

[*]I would propose and attempt to push through governement grants to construction companies to demolish and rebuild vacant housing projects within metropolictian cities.

Eh, if they're vacant and in a slum, maybe... I'd seriously prefer a private individual/company did this, even if it's a charity company like Habitat for Humanity or something, they'd do a much better, faster, and more efficient job.

[*]I would push for 10% salary cuts from all congressmen and my self, in the interest of the economy and to earn the trust of the american people until such a time that we are no longer within a national debt.

So you'd cut salaries for the next couple dozen centuries? :music: .. I see where you're coming from on the "trust" issue, but I'd argue that part of the problem is people trust the politicians too much. Look at everything Obama is doing now, it's going to be a disaster, but he's getting away with some insane things because people trust him.

I think that the salary of congressmen itself wouldn't do that much, instead, something could be done encouraging congressmen to be more frugal with their budget allowances, kinda like this guy . I'd lower their budget allowances much more before I touched their personal salary.

I'd also flat out eliminate their pensions, which are simply insane. It's too bad that there's (to my knowledge), only one guy who doesn't accept any of it. I wouldn't 'grandfather' it in or anything, it would be gone, and former congressmen who don't like it can gtfo :talkhand:

[*]I would establish negociations with african nations strong with natural resources to build hospitals and school employed with members of the peace corp to influence safe sex practices, education and the upbringing of it's economy and networth for the exchange of U.S. governement run mining operations on diamond mines employed with only african natives on an amcerican minimum wage. In turn collect these diamonds to increase American capital.

Eh, maybe... I can't see a smart African government agreeing to this, since they could benefit far more from the diamonds, which is their own resource, though I'm not opposed for some kind of trade program.

I think we largely agree on a lot of issues, here are some others I'd bring up:

- Bring the troops home from the 130 countries overseas.
    - Completely legalize marijuana on the very first day.
    - veto all bailouts.
    - I'd end "the Fed"... but I don't think I'd restore a gold standard. I'd cap monetary supply inflation at something like 2%, in accordance to what was advocated by Milton Freidman.
    - Overturn Roe v Wade
    - Eliminate the Dept of Education (they only provide 9% of school funding a year anyways).

These are off the top of my head...

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agree with everything here. Glad to see you are promoting peaceful communication, it seemed in the other thread that you encouraged "American ass whooping around the world".

Not encouraged it just stated it maybe too bluntly, but it's obvious to everyone except the guys who run the country that this conflict has gone on for FAR too long, as soon as we took out the regime of Saddam and accomplished "out main reason btw" that he did not posses weapons of mass destruction that should have been it. We should have packed or bags and gone home from there.

Say the government decides to start building a bunch of bridges (let's not use the example of bridges collapsing currently in America). Let's imagine that the current bridges are perfectly safe and functional, but, the government wants to create jobs, so it decides to build new ones. After the job is done, there is a new bridge, but there is absolutely no difference in the beneficial effect of the policy. Before you had a bridge, and now you have a bridge. The policy may have created a job, but it was a job that didn't serve any value to the country's productivity at all, because it wasn't necessary.

Touche`... I can not counter that.

I think that the salary of congressmen itself wouldn't do that much, instead, something could be done encouraging congressmen to be more frugal with their budget allowances, kinda like this guy . I'd lower their budget allowances much more before I touched their personal salary.

I'd also flat out eliminate their pensions, which are simply insane. It's too bad that there's (to my knowledge), only one guy who doesn't accept any of it. I wouldn't 'grandfather' it in or anything, it would be gone, and former congressmen who don't like it can gtfo

I honestly has no idea congresmen had that much money as their disposal I thought all their allowances while in office came out of pocket. Always something to learn eh? And Since this is the case I agree with you.

Eh, maybe... I can't see a smart African government agreeing to this, since they could benefit far more from the diamonds, which is their own resource, though I'm not opposed for some kind of trade program.

Which is what I meant.

- Completely legalize marijuana on the very first day.

I forgot about that one tbh, that action alone if we legalized, regulated and taxed Marijuana we might cut our debt.. in half the time.

Come on who else would do things differenty or the same if you were president?

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just to add while doing this.

I'd personally go to the middle east and offer peaceful meetings with the exetremist to reach the most peaceful resolution to avoid future conflict.

I would be scared shitless the entire time I would just be expecting a sniper round or explosion.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My idea would be too radical for IS to handle

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'd have been assassinated by now.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would resign and make Ron Paul the President... that isn't possible but I would figure out a way. Probably make him my VP then resign and he takes over.

Explicit sex on tv.

That too

WillTheThrill

WillTheThrill

Oh yea? I'd make Arnold my V.P. and then assassinate myself!

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I would resign and make Ron Paul the President... that isn't possible but I would figure out a way. Probably make him my VP then resign and he takes over.
I always thought that if a president dies/resigns, then the VP becomes president...and the Speaker becomes Vice-President.....if thats true that would make Nancy Pelosi the new VP.

but I read that the new president can pick anybody he wants for Vice-President.

so who knows.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I always thought that if a president dies/resigns, then the VP becomes president...and the Speaker becomes Vice-President.....if thats true that would make Nancy Pelosi the new VP.

but I read that the new president can pick anybody he wants for Vice-President.

so who knows.

Correct on the VP being promoted if the President dies/resigns (ie, Ford, LBJ), but the Speaker doesn't then become Vice President. The new President gets to nominate a candidate for VP, which is then approved.

This process usually takes time (LBJ didn't have a VP for like 2 years I think!).... so in this instance, if after Kennedy got clipped, and then LBJ died sometime before having a VP pick approved, then the Speaker would be President.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Correct on the VP being promoted if the President dies/resigns (ie, Ford, LBJ), but the Speaker doesn't then become Vice President. The new President gets to nominate a candidate for VP, which is then approved.

This process usually takes time (LBJ didn't have a VP for like 2 years I think!).... so in this instance, if after Kennedy got clipped, and then LBJ died sometime before having a VP pick approved, then the Speaker would be President.
so if Obama & Biden both died at the same time, Pelosi would then become president and get to pick her own VP....:skurred:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think this would happen....

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so if Obama & Biden both died at the same time, Pelosi would then become president and get to pick her own VP....:skurred:

Yep! Scary as shit huh?

Here's the current succession list

1 Vice President and President of the Senate Joe Biden
2 Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi
3 President pro tempore of the Senate Robert Byrd
4 Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton
5 Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner
6 Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
7 Attorney General Eric Holder
8 Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar
9 Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
Secretary of Commerce Vacant[2]