• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Iraq withdrawal by 2011??

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
11tqy52-1.jpg

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ That's not the curious case of Benjamin Button.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Niice, we're going to stay till the end of the world.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
imagine if another country attacks us or declares war against us...we won't have enough troops to fight them....and guess where we would get new soldiers...

military draft.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
imagine if another country attacks us or declares war against us...we won't have enough troops to fight them....and guess where we would get new soldiers...

military draft.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We shouldn't withdrawal at all ! Withdrawal is a sign of weakness !

We are the United States of America and we are NOT weak

Go and Fight for your rights and your freedom. Go and blow iraq up

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We shouldn't withdrawal at all ! Withdrawal is a sign of weakness !

We are the United States of America and we are NOT weak

Go and Fight for your rights and your freedom. Go and blow iraq up

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i don't mind huckabee (not here, but in general) but paul just does a superb job here. "honor" ........lol

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

military draft.

Trust me we have plenty here to defend us, and no one is dumb enough to attack us in the mainland. It would be suicide.
As of July 31, 2008 about 1,436,642 people are on active duty[2] in the military with an additional 848,056 people in the seven reserve components. (wiki)

With the numbers in Iraq and Afghanistan it is but a small dent compared to the total number of troops we have.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Trust me we have plenty here to defend us, and no one is dumb enough to attack us in the mainland. It would be suicide.
As of July 31, 2008 about 1,436,642 people are on active duty[2] in the military with an additional 848,056 people in the seven reserve components. (wiki)

With the numbers in Iraq and Afghanistan it is but a small dent compared to the total number of troops we have.

And I doubt the government would hesitate much to use nukes if we were attacked here.

Edit: Actually, who cares about an attack anyway. The U.S. is gonna destroy itself at this rate.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had to do 2 years in the army and we weren't even at war!

America isn't at war, its government invaded and is now occupying nations. It's one thing to "fight for your country", but a military draft in todays world and conflicts would be the furthest things from that.

A draft would be very undermining of the purpose of freedom. The country wasn't attacked by another country, there is no threat to America's national security (by another country, the threats come from groups that hate America because of their actions).

I'm not so sure a draft will fly, but if I were American, I would stock up on guns/ammo. Not that I think there will be shootouts with the evil government, but knowing that its citizens have tons of ways to protect themselves is a deterrent for ideas like mandatory service/draft.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ It isn't that bad. Maybe it would do you the world of good? :keke:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
America isn't at war, its government invaded and is now occupying nations. It's one thing to "fight for your country", but a military draft in todays world and conflicts would be the furthest things from that.

We are at war, regardless of how you look at it or what you think the war is. Unfortunately

A draft would be very undermining of the purpose of freedom. The country wasn't attacked by another country, there is no threat to America's national security (by another country, the threats come from groups that hate America because of their actions).

We weren't attacked by Vietnam, so that argument doesn't hold much water. There hasn't been a threat to America's security since the policy of containment pretty much rendered the Soviets powerless. The fear or our national security has been largely constructed by politicians and the media. But I agree with you, unfortunately we are not just going to war with these groups but the countries in which we "believe" they are being housed. :doh:

I'm not so sure a draft will fly, but if I were American, I would stock up on guns/ammo. Not that I think there will be shootouts with the evil government, but knowing that its citizens have tons of ways to protect themselves is a deterrent for ideas like mandatory service/draft.

The fact that American's have guns is of no importance. Americans had guns during the Vietnam war and during the Civil War.. it didn't stop the draft from getting their quotas.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
^^ It isn't that bad. Maybe it would do you the world of good? :keke:
I'll try to summarize my feelings towards military service...

It is absolutely vital for countries to have a strong military, thus I believe it is necessary to use tax dollars to fund the military. I also believe it is best to have an all-volunteer military because no one should be forced into the military, if they don't want to be there. Also when you have an all-volunteer military, that means you will always have soldiers who want to be there and do their best. (professionals)

I understand the theory that some countries believe it's best to have mandatory military service. The logic makes sense, but I don't agree with it. If you live in a country, you should be willing to fight for it. (sounds fair...in theory)

I can honestly say, the way the United States is being run, I would not serve in the military nor would I die for this country. The citizens in this country are ignorant, the government is a disease, we are losing freedoms and rights everyday. I would die for my family, but I would not die for a country that doesn't care about it's own citizens. Regardless of what they may say, the US government doesn't care about it's soldiers.

/rant

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You have made your point

Do it for your country! :borat:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We are at war, regardless of how you look at it or what you think the war is. Unfortunately

It's a conflict, but it's not a war.

We weren't attacked by Vietnam, so that argument doesn't hold much water.

Huh? I know Vietnam didn't attack America, I'm not sure what point of this is. I am saying that the countries of Afghanistan, Iraq, and yes, Vietnam did not attack America. If they did, sure, retaliate, and go wipe the floor with them. But, they didn't, therefore there is no need to be aggressive against them, as I'm sure you'd agree.

The fact that American's have guns is of no importance. Americans had guns during the Vietnam war and during the Civil War.. it didn't stop the draft from getting their quotas.

I didn't say that simply having guns would prevent anything, I mentioned it was a deterrent, which it is. Regardless, it's a very good idea to buy these as gun laws/sales are going to get a hell of a lot stricter in the future.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll try to summarize my feelings towards military service...

It is absolutely vital for countries to have a strong military, thus I believe it is necessary to use tax dollars to fund the military. I also believe it is best to have an all-volunteer military because no one should be forced into the military, if they don't want to be there. Also when you have an all-volunteer military, that means you will always have soldiers who want to be there and do their best. (professionals)

I understand the theory that some countries believe it's best to have mandatory military service. The logic makes sense, but I don't agree with it. If you live in a country, you should be willing to fight for it. (sounds fair...in theory)

I can honestly say, the way the United States is being run, I would not serve in the military nor would I die for this country. The citizens in this country are ignorant, the government is a disease, we are losing freedoms and rights everyday. I would die for my family, but I would not die for a country that doesn't care about it's own citizens. Regardless of what they may say, the US government doesn't care about it's soldiers.

/rant

Very similar to my brother's view. From his website:

To bypass the army, Charl enrolled at University and studied every year, changed addresses, moved to Cape Town and even joined End Conscription. "I am very proud today of resisting the Nationalist, Religious Drive to the calling up and killing of innocent young men and fathers. I look upon politicians and religious leaders the way they deserve to be looked at: with utter disgust!''