• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

KAI GREENE SPOKE

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kai Greene SPEAKS!
by Shawn Ray

Friday, February 27th

Today I had the privilege to sit down with one of the Biggest names in Professional bodybuilding today and get the "411" on his progress to this year's Arnold Classic. I asked him some Hard Hitting Questions on the transition of training with a New Trainer, Training at the Mecca, His Body Weight and Predictions on the Arnold Classic and here is what he had to say in a nut shell.

When asked about what happened in Gold's Gym earlier this week that had everyone wondering if he had Fainted, Passed Out, Died or had an Ambulance deployed to save him, Kai stated

"Like Arnold, I have thrown up in the gym while training before and I have laid down on the floor after a long hard workout but I did not Faint, Pass Out or Die, as you can plainly see. I train hard and was on very Low Carbs, exhausted. I must have laid on the floor and some over zealous person or concerned individual called 911 or something to that affect I'm not sure. Anyway, I eventually got up and left, the next thing I heard was I had passed out or died but you know Shawn, I have never really listened to rumors and now you know why, they're usually not true."
I then asked him how Old he was and what year he was born? His reply was, "25 and a long time ago!" As you can see, you can ask Kai whatever questions you like and he'll answer you but on his terms not ours. I later asked him what's the deal with Charles Glass and Training with him? "I like Charles, he is a very smart man. I don't think his style is something I can get used to, he likes a lot of Machines and trains fast which is cool for some athletes, just not me."

I then asked him if he is still training under the watchful eye of Charles to which he replied

"No. I am at a point now where I had to make a decision to finish what I started, MY WAY. I needed a bit more than what Charles was providing me on different levels that are hard to articulate, but I learned some lessons I will cherish. However, I have to continue doing what made who I am."

I then asked him if his old Trainer, Oscar was in the picture again to which he stated

"YES! I love Oscar he is more than a trainer to me. He is also a mentor and family. He knows my body and my needs better than anyone which is what I realized and missed, so I called him."

I asked him what he is weighing right now with a week to go and how much he planned to drop?

"I'm doing what I need to do, to get to where I want to be, for me. I will drop a bit more but I am happy where I am at this point and suffering now is what I do like so many other Champion Bodybuilders before and after me.

I asked Kai if coming to California to train came with any regrets?

"No Shawn, coming here was something I needed to do to appreciate what I have back home with my family, friends and people who care about me. I go to the gym and train, then back to the hotel where I sleep on the floor and stare at the ceiling until my next meal or training session."

Is it everything you hoped it would be?

Yes and No. It is kind of like the Wizard of Oz or The Wiz! I traveled this road to California in search of something I thought I needed. When I got here I simply found a Man. Someone no more important to me than people I already had in my life. He wasn't a Magician or The Almighty but a person like me. I discovered along the way things about myself that I didn't know were there but in a good way. Now the Mecca or Gold's may be The Emerald City and my journey similar to Dorothy, the Scarecrow, Lion and the Tin Man, but Charles for all the great things he has done and continues to do is not The Wizard of OZ! While it was a different approach to what I had done in the past regarding Training, I discovered there is no such thing as One Person that can change who I am. I want to be the Best, then I have to take control. Working with Oscar gives me the balance I thought I was missing and for this I am thankful to Charles and grateful for the opportunity that Mr. Blechman, Muscle Meds and TEAM MD have given me while being here.

My last question was, are we going to see the Best Kai Greene ever at this Arnold Classic to which he replied

"I am certainly doing everything I can to make that happen for my Fans!"

With that, I let the man do his thing as he was "Cramping" during the entire Interview.
In one week, the world awaits the Real Kai Greene!

S Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"No Shawn i wasnt passed out, i was just unconscious... laid on the floor and with some vomit leaking out of my mouth".

:49:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i like this interview and i agree with him on his assesment of Glass. i've seen him train guys, and it's similar to Milos's minimu rest, light weight, machine oriented BS. that's not how you get big. you get big by doing heavy basic free weight movements with good form, not by jumping from machine to machine with light weight.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^I bet what you have seen was precontest training.What have i seen him doing with his clients(pros),seems to be working very well(not for all perhaps).Remember Gunther 02.I think theres difference between precontest and offseason workouts.He does include basic free weight movements with little variations like he makes his clients to do partial deads rather than standard.What ive read that since some of the pros train elsewhere during offseason,Charles wants them to train with heavy basic free weights and when they come to venice for precontest training he changes things which seems to work some of the guys.
you get big by doing heavy basic free weight movements with good form, not by jumping from machine to machine with light weight.
Im sure guy like him acknowledge this.

CrAzY6mAtKa

CrAzY6mAtKa

He can do it on his own...he is amazing dude,he's unstoppable...I wish him well and I hope he'll come at 110 %....he will bring the fire :headbang:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hes much better to do it on his own. Kai ftw :headbang:

D

Delusion

Great, finally to get some responses from the man himself. But anyone why did he even change trainer, if Oscar has such great importance for him ? Hope he'll be able to make the last preps, though it seemed like an impossible task on his extreme weight few weeks out :eek:.

formaldeide

formaldeide

is Oscar his boyfriend?