• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ways to Stop Protein Farts

skid9832004

skid9832004

SInce i consume high amounts of proteins i get a lot of farting going on since i have become more strict in my diet. What are some things that i can eat to stop the farting that comes with high protein diets. I do not want to take a medicine to stop it so i want to get rid of it through my diet not medication. (Please not stupid ass comments but i know what i say will fall on deaf ears so lets have it.........)

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ever try Beano?

I used the liquid before, it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eat more fibre.

Everyone plugs in too much protein at the expense of fibrous carbs and wonders why they fart and shit like they should be wearing a diaper :bitelip:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Why would you want to stop protein farts? That takes all the fun out of supplements.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why would you want to stop protein farts? That takes all the fun out of supplements.

Because wimmin don't like it when you fart in their face while they are going down on you.:borat:

R

radguym

its true fiber should help because one of the reasons people fart is that they have undigested food in there colon.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Because wimmin don't like it when you fart in their face while they are going down on you.:borat:

Then learn some bowel control or find a more understanding woman. :thumbsup2:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its true fiber should help because one of the reasons people fart is that they have undigested food in there colon.

I'm pretty sure it isn't the colon but the large intenstine. I believe the colon is mainly fluid and salt absorbtion.
Flatulence consists of gases that are produced by symbiotic bacteria and yeasts living in our gastrointestinal tract. Food components, such as some types of carbohydrates, that are not digested end up in the large intestine. There, they will be partly or completely fermented by our gut bacteria, producing gases (carbon dioxide, methane, hydrogen sulphide) and short chain fatty acids (butyrate, acetate and propionate).

Sudden changes in the diet, such as eating more or more frequently foods rich in fibre (e.g. beans, lentils, broccoli, peas, onions) or another non-digestible carbohydrates (e.g. sorbitol), swallowing too much air or insufficiently chewing one's food can lead to increased flatulence. This can be avoided by decreasing progressively the quantity or frequency of those foods in your diet, and trying to chew sufficiently while eating.

It is known that not to extensive refined soy bean products can contain the so-called flatulence factors which mainly exist of volatile short-chain fatty acid. It is not (to us) known whether this still present in certain soy oils for food use. Maybe you could try to use olive oil instead to see if this give any improvement (reduction of flatulency). Also for onion, garlic, many species of beans and peas it is known that they can contribute to flatulency in most people in case of relative high intake.

Flatulence can also be caused by lactose intolerance, which is the lack of an enzyme required for digesting the sugar (lactose) found in dairy products. If the enzyme is missing, lactose passes untouched into the large intestine where the bacteria reside, resulting in excessive gas production. Another source of excessive gas production in the stomach is stress. Furthermore, flatulence can be a side-effect of diseases like Irritable Bowel Syndrom, appendicitis and gallstones. In general, a high fibre diet is beneficial for a human's health, as it helps you have a healthy digestive system and stop constipation. If you suffer too much you should go to a doctor for medical advice. There might be some other reasons for flatulence.
Although this could just be confusion between large intestine nomenclature on my part.

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Switch to whey isolate and avoid whey concentrate and lactose.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is messed my body is exactly the opposite, when i get to many fiberous carbs in i farted all the time. I notice on my carbup days that after 24 hours of eating carbs im letting off some pretty fowl gas. But once i go back to restricting my carbs i might fart twice a week haha:rofl3:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LEARN TO LOVE THEM!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
eat more solid food instead of shakes and like Tim said, eat more fiber. I only consume 1 protein shake a day and i never get gas anymore.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my co-workers always complain about my farting :49:

there call me stinky :tear:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Miami you always smell like farts even when you dont..

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The colon, for the most part, is the large intestine. The appendix and cecum are only small fragments of the large intestine anatomy. Just though I'd clear that up.

somewhat.

Bacteria within the colon usually multiplies or reacts when fiber enters it, causing you to have gas, diarrhea and so forth. The body doesn't selectively chose which foods enter the colon and which ones do not, lol. Proteins, carbs and fats all have specific groups of enzymes to break them down where as fiber does not.

In fact, it actually goes through the entire GI tract. Other macronutrients are absorbed in the small intestine, usually near the doendum.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The colon, for the most part, is the large intestine. The appendix and cecum are only small fragments of the large intestine anatomy. Just though I'd clear that up.
Good point Kev! I looked up the digestive tract and I think I was somewhat confused (looked at many different tracts). Colon is kinda the general term for everything after the small intestine. It covers the the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon. The colon from cecum to the splenic flexure (the junction between the transverse and descending colon) is also known as the right colon. The remainder is known as the left colon.

Bacteria within the colon usually multiplies or reacts when fiber enters it, causing you to have gas, diarrhea and so forth. The body doesn't selectively chose which foods enter the colon and which ones do not, lol. Proteins, carbs and fats all have specific groups of enzymes to break them down where as fiber does not.

In fact, it actually goes through the entire GI tract. Other macronutrients are absorbed in the small intestine, usually near the doendum.

Yes fibre by its nature is not digested. What it does do is actually bulk up the digested food so that it is absorbed better in the small intestine and thus have less undigested matter reaching the large intestine.

Not the best thing to quote but it sums it up nicely.
Wiki Anatomy said:
The large intestine comes after the small intestine in the digestive tract and measures approximately 1.5 meters in length. Although there are differences in the large intestine between different organisms, the large intestine is mainly responsible for storing waste, reclaiming water, maintaining the water balance, and absorbing some vitamins, such as vitamin K.

By the time the chyme has reached this tube, almost all nutrients and 90% of the water have been absorbed by the body. At this point some electrolytes like sodium, magnesium, and chloride are left as well as indigestible carbohydrates known as dietary fiber. As the chyme moves through the large intestine, most of the remaining water is removed, while the chyme is mixed with mucus and bacteria known as gut flora, and becomes feces. The bacteria break down some of the fiber for their own nourishment and create acetate, propionate, and butyrate as waste products, which in turn are used by the cell lining of the colon for nourishment. This is an example of a symbiotic relationship and provides about one hundred calories a day to the body. The large intestine produces no digestive enzymes — chemical digestion is completed in the small intestine before the chyme reaches the large intestine. The pH in the colon varies between 5.5 and 7 (slightly acidic to neutral).

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone reading the wikipedia expert, when food reaches the stomach it's referred to as chyme. Essentially, if macronutrients reach the large intestine there is probably an underlying pancreatic condition or a problem within the lining of the small intestine.

Yes fibre by its nature is not digested. What it does do is actually bulk up the digested food so that it is absorbed better in the small intestine and thus have less undigested matter reaching the large intestine.

Eh, nutrients really shouldn't be reaching the large intestine. Of course this happens occasionally, but nothing drastic. I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to say, so if what I just said has no relevance, just ignore it haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone reading the wikipedia expert, when food reaches the stomach it's referred to as chyme. Essentially, if macronutrients reach the large intestine there is probably an underlying pancreatic condition or a problem within the lining of the small intestine.

Eh, nutrients really shouldn't be reaching the large intestine. Of course this happens occasionally, but nothing drastic. I'm having trouble understanding what you're trying to say, so if what I just said has no relevance, just ignore it haha.
Or alcohol consumption, or over consumption, or whatever. I forget what the efficiency rate is at digestion (years since I did digestion tracts in biology), but it is something like 40-60%. So you will get a fair amount of macros and nutrients getting through to the large intenstine in some form or other.

Lets turn this into another nerd thread Kev :thumbsup2: