• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Conclusive proof that the Catholic Church is stupid.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Church to excommunicate abortion girl's mother, doctors

THE mother of the nine-year-old girl who had an abortion this week - and the doctors who performed the procedure to save her life - will be kicked out of the Catholic Church.

The girl had been pregnant with twins after allegedly being raped by her stepfather.

An archbishop for the northern region of Brazil where the termination was conducted, Father Jose Cardoso Sobrinho, said the church was excommunicating all adults responsible for the abortion.

The operation - carried out because of doctors' fears the slender girl might die if she carried the fetuses to term - was a crime in the eyes of the chuch, he said.

"God's law is above any human law. So when a human law ... is contrary to God's law, this human law has no value,'' Archbishop Cardoso told the news television network Globo.

"The adults who approved, who carried out this abortion, will be excommunicated,'' said the archbishop for the Recife region.

The country's Health Minister Jose Gomes Temporao rejected the archbishop's position. "I'm shocked by two facts: by what happened to the girl and by the position of the archbishop, who in saying he defends life puts another at risk," he was quoted as saying by the Associated Press.

The case has sparked off fierce debate in Brazil, where abortion is illegal except in cases of rape or if the woman's health is in danger.

The girl, who was not identified because she is a child, was last week found to be four months' pregnant after being taken to hospital suffering stomach pains.

Officials said she told them she had suffered sexual abuse by her stepfather since the age of six.
Police said the 23-year-old stepfather also allegedly sexually abused the girl's physically handicapped 14-year-old sister.

He was arrested a week ago and is being kept in protective custody. If convicted, he faces up to 15 years in prison.

The website of Globo reported that another girl, aged 11, was being looked after in a hospital in southern Brazil after being found to be seven months' pregnant following alleged sexual abuse at the hands of her adoptive father.

That suspect, 51, turned himself into police in February.

He told officers he had had sexual relations once with his adopted daughter, at her initiative, according to the police chief for the town of Irai.

:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I seem to remember members on this site who are opposed to abortion even in instances of rape.

Kanav

Kanav

^ you've got to be fucking kidding me

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the church was excommunicating all adults responsible for the abortion

Silly Catholics and there world of make beleive. :doh:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I seem to remember members on this site who are opposed to abortion even in instances of rape.

Sadly true, and they are no less idiots.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Wow... and the Catholics claim to be the righteous and forgiving.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
simply mindboggling. it's hard to comprehend people being this stupid.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
my mum is a devout catholic she makes me lol.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am all for mass abortions. The less people on the roads, eating my potential food, breathing air, etc. the better for me.

Why would anyone care what someone else does to their body? Its their body.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Why would anyone care what someone else does to their body? Its their body.
there are people who believe children are a gift directly from god, even if they are a product of rape....therefore, they don't deserve to be aborted.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there are people who believe children are a gift directly from god, even if they are a product of rape....therefore, they don't deserve to be aborted.

Ya, I get that and I can see if they are in your family, etc. But I don't see why some people are just so pushy when it comes to people believing what they believe.

I guess thats why I am not one of them. I couldn't give two shits about what my neighbor believes as long as it doesn't effect me, my family or my loved ones.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my mum is a devout catholic she makes me lol.

same with my dad,
he has all the fucking religious channels favourited :doh:
if i miss church once he comes with lots of BS

iritates the hell out of me and pushes me away from christianity

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm against abortion, which has nothing to do with religious reasons. It's more an issue of 2 things for me: 1) The rights of each person (I consider a developing fetus to be a person), and 2) (most importantly), personal responsibility. 95% of abortions are for birth control reasons because irresponsible people engaged in irresponsible behavior (which is awesome, however some ability to either a) condom b) birth control c) pull out or d) morning after pill should be common sense).

In cases of rape? Eh, i'm in favor of a morning after pill, but that's a bit more complicated.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I personally tend to lean more towards the rights of the mother. Its her body, she has the final say. As per the Violinist Argument by Judith Jarvis Thomson.

The Violinist

In A Defense of Abortion, Thomson grants for the sake of argument that the fetus has a right to life, but defends the permissibility of abortion by appeal to a thought experiment:

You wake up in the morning and find yourself back to back in bed with an unconscious violinist. A famous unconscious violinist. He has been found to have a fatal kidney ailment, and the Society of Music Lovers has canvassed all the available medical records and found that you alone have the right blood type to help. They have therefore kidnapped you, and last night the violinist's circulatory system was plugged into yours, so that your kidneys can be used to extract poisons from his blood as well as your own. [If he is unplugged from you now, he will die; but] in nine months he will have recovered from his ailment, and can safely be unplugged from you.[4]

Thomson takes it that you may now permissibly unplug yourself from the violinist even though this will cause his death: the right to life, Thomson says, does not entail the right to use another person's body, and so by unplugging the violinist you do not violate his right to life but merely deprive him of something—the use of your body—to which he has no right. "f you do allow him to go on using your kidneys, this is a kindness on your part, and not something he can claim from you as his due."[5]

For the same reason, Thomson says, abortion does not violate the fetus's right to life but merely deprives the fetus of something—the use of the pregnant woman's body—to which it has no right. Thus, it is not that by terminating her pregnancy a woman violates her moral obligations, but rather that a woman who carries the fetus to term is a 'Good Samaritan' who goes beyond her obligations.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im for the rights of the mother too, because abortions happen in the first trimester and what i believe is that the fetus is not a person at that point, no brain activity.

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to say I agree with you IS, excellent points made.
I don't feel anyone has the right to tell someone else what to do with their body.
By the way I'm adopted. Karma is a bitch, and their decisions to choose that path
will have repercussions.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You wake up in the morning and find yourself back to back in bed with an unconscious violinist. A famous unconscious violinist. He has been found to have a fatal kidney ailment, and the Society of Music Lovers has canvassed all the available medical records and found that you alone have the right blood type to help. They have therefore kidnapped you, and last night the violinist's circulatory system was plugged into yours, so that your kidneys can be used to extract poisons from his blood as well as your own. [If he is unplugged from you now, he will die; but] in nine months he will have recovered from his ailment, and can safely be unplugged from you.[4]

Eh, in contrast for this example, nobody made the parties involved go to bed with each other (lets not include the 5% cases of rape)... The violinist was just put there and forced to stay there with you, not the same at all with 95% of abortions.

Im for the rights of the mother too, because abortions happen in the first trimester and what i believe is that the fetus is not a person at that point, no brain activity.

Quiet you, or I will lean over and punch you. :bullwhip:

The way I see it is this, you own a house, and you lease it out to people for a 9 month contract. After a few days/weeks, you decide you don't want those tenants there. Do you:
A) let them finish their lease and go on their way?

B) kill them.

Those who need abortions are almost always reckless, and it's just another example of people being unable to make good decisions, and take care of themselves. If they did this, 95% of abortions would not be necessary.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
huh? rape victims should take the morning after pill?

why not? Why wait like 3-6 weeks to get an abortion?

(I'm not denying that rape victims do experience tremendous psychological stress though, and of course should charge the rapist to the maximum extent they can).

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
why not? Why wait like 3-6 weeks to get an abortion?
In theory, thats a great plan. But I'd imagine it's completely unrealistic for the majority of rape victims.

You have to take the pill within three days of the sex. I don't know about you but if I was raped, I'd probably be in a state of shock for alot longer than three days.