• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Victor Martinez 2007 ASC vs 2009 ASC

?

• Total voters
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Your thoughts on this one? pre injury, and post injury, what changed in his physique, aside for his left leg, which is a bit smaller..

_M2X2114-1.jpg

_H4X1999_NPQLLINBMZ-1.jpg

_M2X2121-1.jpg

_H4X2007_UZGOKAEGWU-1.jpg

_M2X2125-1.jpg

_H4X2014_NTBJOVHIMT-1.jpg

_M2X2132-1.jpg

_H4X2020_XIJVVFIHWM-1.jpg

_M2X2137-1.jpg

_H4X2024_FVZQTPFHJD-1.jpg

_M2X2140-1.jpg

_H4X2066_YZIJDMYTGT-1.jpg

_M2X2156-1.jpg

_H4X2040_YROVHVDYGR-1.jpg

_M2X2143-1.jpg

_H4X2044_AKHSIMCXLN-1.jpg

_M2X2146-1.jpg

_H4X2056_OGHHKSXUVV-1.jpg

_M2X2161-1.jpg

_H4X2076_WYACSLXSUL-1.jpg

_M2X2172-1.jpg

_H4X2080_RRBQNRGXZR-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Smoother and blockier

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Smoother
Bigger
lack of detail

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Smoother and blockier

Blockier?? no, not at all
He is just not as sharp, he looks to be retaining more water than in the previous pics. Other than that, the leg is hardly noticeable. He did a great job bringing it up, you can tell if you look for it. But definite kudos to him for the hard work he put in.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Blockier?? no, not at all
He is just not as sharp, he looks to be retaining more water than in the previous pics. Other than that, the leg is hardly noticeable. He did a great job bringing it up, you can tell if you look for it. But definite kudos to him for the hard work he put in.

162p8m-1.jpg

Im the one wearing glasses not you. His midsection obviously is much blockier then in 07.
His right leg is bigger then his left, but thats hopefully just a matter of time before they are even again. Other from that he´s just off​

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
again, other than being smoother in the midsection I don't see it. I think I you need to learn what "blockier" means before you use it again. :talkhand:

No offense, but you have no clue what you're talking about if you think that.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
again, other than being smoother in the midsection I don't see it. I think I you need to learn what "blockier" means before you use it again. :talkhand:

So his midsection must be blockier if he is carrying water or fat there. You cant deny he is blockier then in 07..there´s no question about it.

If you want I can make a comp with the pictures and prove you wrong...

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Might be the angle..

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So his midsection must be blockier if he is carrying water or fat there. You cant deny he is blockier then in 07..there´s no question about it.

If you want I can make a comp with the pictures and prove you wrong...

smoother in no way means blockier, it means smoother.
If you want to look at an example of a blocky waist then look at Ruhl, Mark Atwood, Jay Cutler, etc

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Is this blockier?

2e0qxkk-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I think so. Not by much though

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
smoother in no way means blockier, it means smoother.
If you want to look at an example of a blocky waist then look at Ruhl, Mark Atwood, Jay Cutler, etc

Ah ok..you dont want to admit his waist has got blockier because he will be compared with those you mentioned..ok that fine

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ah ok..you dont want to admit his waist has got blockier because he will be compared with those you mentioned..ok that fine

No, did I say that? :rofl3:
I gave you examples of bodybuilders with blocky waists, he is not in that category at all. You are alone here on your opinion, which you are free to voice, but I am here to say you are wrong. He isn't as tight and a little smoother, but not blockier.

bb4life

bb4life

Is this blockier?

2e0qxkk-1.jpg

I think what happens here is that in the first one, he really sqeezes his obliques and intercostals, but he doesn't in the second one. If you watch his posing, especially the front double biceps, he does this a lot and you can see how his waist shrinks quickly. I personally don't think he was much blockier if at all this year.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Less conditioned 09.I feel Vic is still more of a threat to Dexter and other guys than Kai ,even thought Kai did a magnificent job winning the AC.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
pre-judging 07 vs 09

posing routines 07 vs 09

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seeing those vids reminds me of why Vic is my fav bb. He is simply incredible. IMO the best bb on the planet. Kai deserved his win because Vic was holding water. I am stoked for the Mr. O.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
No, did I say that? :rofl3:
I gave you examples of bodybuilders with blocky waists, he is not in that category at all. You are alone here on your opinion, which you are free to voice, but I am here to say you are wrong. He isn't as tight and a little smoother, but not blockier.

Just teasing you a bit. :rofl3: Obviously Victor will never have a thick waist as Cutler or someone as you mentioned. What Im saying is just that is looked thick for his standards, nothing more :)

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
is it me or does victor have the worst legs ever (but pre and post op) for a high ranking olympian?