• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

YouTube to block UK music videos

Bhana

Bhana

WHAAATTT:angrydude: I listen to the majority of my music through youtube:deadhorse:

Bhana

Bhana

Im already feeling the effects of this! Many of the videos say, Sorry this video is not available in your country!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that sucks, youtube >>>>>> newscorp = BULLLLSHIITTTTttt

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, something about Google not wanting to pay these rates to the artists, so this punishes both the artist and the person that likes and listens to the music as well.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Yes, something about Google not wanting to pay these rates to the artists, so this punishes both the artist and the person that likes and listens to the music as well.

Does YouTube have a system that makes a video uploader earn if he decides to, Google Adsense? Maybe these artists are asking a fee on top of that and Google doesn't want to pay. Oh well, everything is about the money.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Does YouTube have a system that makes a video uploader earn if he decides to, Google Adsense? Maybe these artists are asking a fee on top of that and Google doesn't want to pay. Oh well, everything is about the money.
Actually it's the PRS(performing rights society) for music limited, that is the UK's leading collection society- and they undertake the collective rights management for music. So Google did not want to pay what they were asking for licensing- I guess they oversee this for YouTube.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Actually it's the PRS(performing rights society) for music limited, that is the UK's leading collection society- and they undertake the collective rights management for music. So Google did not want to pay what they were asking for licensing- I guess they oversee this for YouTube.

I see, so technically it's not the artists themselves but an organization asking for license fees. But are the artists under the PRS agrees with the stand of the organization? I mean not having your music on YouTube is like bad unless you're as big as Jay-Z or Taylor Swift.

B

bourehim

Youtube doesn't mind holding on every video in the world, it's the companies watching after their interest and their artist who push youtube to ban those videos, there isn't much to listen to these days any way.