• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Legalize drugs to stop violence

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/24/miron.legalization.drugs/index.html

Story Highlights
  • Jeffrey Miron: Thousands have been killed in Mexico's ongoing drug war
  • He says U.S. drug policy leads to corruption of politicians and law enforcement
  • Miron: Legalizing drugs is the best way to reduce drug violence
  • He says drugs should be controlled through regulation and taxation

The U.S. and Mexican responses to this violence have been predictable: more troops and police, greater border controls and expanded enforcement of every kind. Escalation is the wrong response, however; drug prohibition is the cause of the violence.

Prohibition creates violence because it drives the drug market underground. This means buyers and sellers cannot resolve their disputes with lawsuits, arbitration or advertising, so they resort to violence instead.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got in a huge argument over this with basically all my religious friends (not that it matters that much). They all used illogical arguments. I hope this get's done someday.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got in a huge argument over this with basically all my religious friends (not that it matters that much). They all used illogical arguments. I hope this get's done someday.

Being a religious person I see no problem with legalizing marijuana or many other drugs, we're not all illogical. Lets face it, the drug is now omnipresent and socially accepted.

The war on drugs has been an abysmal failure. A 100% failure. Economics is against the war on drugs. It should be a war on harmful drug use. The most powerful weapon against cartels is economics and public perception.

The government has the capacity to make it economically infeasible to be a cartel by marketing themselves as the only safe and affordable supply of recreational drugs.

Take a look at what is happening in Mexico right now, the cartels are creating giant blood baths.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Being a religious person I see no problem with legalizing marijuana or many other drugs, we're not all illogical. Lets face it, the drug is now omnipresent and socially accepted.

The war on drugs has been an abysmal failure. A 100% failure. Economics is against the war on drugs. It should be a war on harmful drug use. The most powerful weapon against cartels is economics and public perception.

The government has the capacity to make it economically infeasible to be a cartel by marketing themselves as the only safe and affordable supply of recreational drugs.

Take a look at what is happening in Mexico right now, the cartels are creating giant blood baths.

:2:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP

are you saying the government should be the ones controlling the drugs? (making, selling, distributing, etc.)

If so...I'd have a huge problem with that.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Government revenue from drugs.

Next there would be an aging hippy as Minister for Drugs giving press conferences wacked out of his mind telling people how the govt is like a bowl with nothing in it with a sunray shining off the rim dazling you.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Government revenue from drugs.

Next there would be an aging hippy as Minister for Drugs giving press conferences wacked out of his mind telling people how the govt is like a bowl with nothing in it with a sunray shining off the rim dazling you.
that sounds better than what most politicians say.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well obama just said in his town hall meeting that he's not in favour of legalizing weed..
:deadhorse:

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what did you honestly expect?

Change?

Hope, change we can believe in, yeah right. The funniest part of it all is that the tax cuts he was promising for 95% of the population are only going to be there for 2 years, and after that it goes back to business as usual :rofl3:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hope, change we can believe in, yeah right. The funniest part of it all is that the tax cuts he was promising for 95% of the population are only going to be there for 2 years, and after that it goes back to business as usual :rofl3:

link?

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On a conference call with reporters in advance of the President’s trip to the hill to speak before the Senate Democratic caucus, OMB Director Peter Orszag indicated that while 98% of the budget mark-ups in the House and Senate are on par with the administration’s budget blueprint, some campaign trail promises, like middle class tax cuts, may get left on the cutting room floor.

The administration had tied the revenue raised from cap-and-trade to the Making-Work-Pay tax credit for families – both of which have been brought up as possibilities to be scrapped from the Senate and House budget resolution.

President Obama ensured his middle class tax cut is locked in place for the next two years as a part of the stimulus package he signed into law last month, but OMB Director Peter Orszag told reporters today that the White House will have to use those two years to figure out how to keep that tax cut in place for middle class families beyond 2010.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/03/obama-budget-ch.html

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dr Paul seemed different tonight in comparison with some of the other recent interviews I've seen! seemed to be in a bad mood.

No Bias, No Bull!!! wtf when I hear titles like this it just tells me its going to be biased and full of shit, as was clearly demonstrated in this clip.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lame he got talked over half the time, but there's nothing you can really do about it. Thats the media controlled world we live in

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm glad Ron finally said something about the way he was being treated. Too bad he didn't do this back at the debates....

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It always pisses me off how Ron gets treated...

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good interview by a Harvard Professor of Economics