• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Well Dubai is officially off my holiday list

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,28318,25198762-5014090,00.html

SKIMPY shorts, bikinis and kissing in public could soon be banned in Dubai, say authorities.

The glitzy Gulf city has laid down new behaviour guidelines in the local media in an attempt to tame public behaviour.

The outlines of the possible new restrictions appeared in Al Emarat al Youm, an Arabic-language newspaper with close ties to Dubai's ruling family.

Dancing and playing loud music in public will be banned, while couples kissing, holding hands or hugging could face fines or detention.

Miniskirts and skimpy shorts would no longer be tolerated outside hotels, while bikini wearers could be forced off public beaches and only permitted on the fenced-off sands of luxury resorts.

Drinking alcohol outside licensed premises or swearing and displaying rude gestures in public could also be outlawed, the newspaper said.

The report warned, "pants and skirts are to be of an appropriate length" and "clothing cannot be tight or transparent" with visible body parts. On the beaches

"appropriate swimwear, acceptable to the culture of the society and its values" must be worn.

Authorities are hoping the new laws will give police more leeway for fines or arrests in places such as beaches and malls.

The new rules come a year after a British couple were convicted for having sex on a Dubai beach, and later fined and deported after their prison sentence was suspended.

After the sex-on-the-beach trial, Jumeirah Group five-star hotel chain cautioned guests that drunken behaviour in public is punished severely and recommended tourists be discreet with public displays of affection.

Anything more than a "peck on the cheek could offend those around you and even possibly lead to police involvement," the advisory said.

Would it be culturally insensitive for me to refer to them as "fucking retards"? I know they're a Muslim country an all but most other countries who have these sort of laws have had them in place for decades. Bringing such laws in now is just fucking backward, especially in a place such as Dubai which is a popular tourist destination.

:doh:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Dubai is a beautiful place. I wouldn't care what silly laws they have, if someone wanted to take me to Dubai, I'd go in a heartbeat.

There are countries with much worse/strange laws than these (including some parts of the US).

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I believe they have a whorehouse called "RattleSnakes" where one can pick and choose!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is fucking stupid, i don't care what "religion" you are. i hope this backfires and tourism goes down the toilet and makes them realize how idiotic they are.

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have to say I'm kinda with Tech on this one, I wouldn't mind giving up perving for a couple of days to see the sights and sounds of Dubai, seriously that place looks so flash.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think this could be a nail in their coffin as far as tourism goes. I agree with you on your assessment Ben

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe not so much as the nail in the coffin but it can be a good thing in my opinion. Beautiful place indeed though.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
I'd have to see how faithfully this is enforced and to what extent before saying anything definitive about it. Seems like they're just laying it out right now.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
playing loud music in public now thats something our "advanced" and "civilised" countries should adopt.