• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Back workout help

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Errr... are you talking about your lats? Or lower back? What you've circled could be either.

For starters every back routine needs 2 essentials. A horizontal pulling movement and a vertical pulling movement, eg. bent rows and chins respectively. Another back booster is deads, if you are indeed wanting to work your lower back then you need to be doing deads. They also provided your upper back with a lot of work to. Actually, no matter which part of the back you want to work, do deads. As far as I'm concerned, if you aren't in a wheelchair and don't need a back brace then you should be doing deads. If not, then you're a pussy.

Here are a few different horizontal and vertical back movements.
Horizontal
Bent Rows
DB Rows
Supported Rows
Cable Rows

Vertical
Chins
Pullups
Pulldowns

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Deadlifts make you manly!

Chinups make you monkey.

G

GilZero

i guess i meant the lats then ;) did not know the name for the muscle lol :p so like the middle part of my back.

I'll start deadlifting as soon as i get my form checked by someone, a trainer at the gym could help me out.

thanks guys

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
i guess i meant the lats then ;) did not know the name for the muscle lol :p so like the middle part of my back.

I'll start deadlifting as soon as i get my form checked by someone, a trainer at the gym could help me out.

thanks guys

An idiot trainer will possibly tell you that deadlifts are bad for your back. They're only bad when you don't do them properly. Research proper form here: www.elitefts.com.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
deadlift for sure ! :thumbsup2:

and research well about the correct form. I know your trainer can be a great guy.. but 90% of time they're exercise idiots, and deadlifting for them is just wrong.

research take your doubts here, and watch some videos.

G

GilZero

my trainer is awesome :D he only talks about big exercises like squat, DL, etc and knows what hes talking about ^^ he's in charge of the pro basketball teams workouts here in my city. I'll ask for him at the gym :)

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Lucky bastard!!! :shakefist:

I've only met a handfull of decent trainers in the past 15yrs I've been training.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff