• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How strong are your abs, really?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Some people can do crunches 'til the cows come home but how do they cope when you make the exercise harder. This was posted on T-nation a while ago and I thought it'd be something cool for everybody to try out.

1/Read the article: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ng_performance/how_strong_are_your_abs_really

2/Test yourself next time you go to the gym or at home even.

3/ Post your results here (no cheating :bball:).

Mine:

1. Sit-up Progression: Level 4 (I can get 7-8 reps out before my form starts getting shaky. I'm can make it all the way up to 20 if I let my arms go a little bit forward from my ears.

2. Reverse Crunch Progression: Level 4 (I can get nearly 10 with these)

I think I did so well because of the heavy focus my powerlifting training places upon ab work. Standing cable crunches are brutal but effective. :borat:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
standing cable curls are my number choice for abs too!:thumbsup2:

I have to try that test!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im at level one lolz, did it last time i saw the article at T-nation! nice post FReako!

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Level 3
for now, but anyone else find Level 3 a bit more difficult then Level 4?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I saw this I was surprised at how strong my abs were. But by the same token the last grade was a lot harder than you'd think.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lvl 4 in all. Thanks compound exercises =D

skindnef

skindnef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Guys, my daughter is 10 yrsld and a competitive gymnast, level 4 ain't shit. She can do level 4 for a half hour watching Tv. :rofl3:
I am weak. :(
She inspires me. :) Inspirational=watching your 5 year old rope climb(24ft) & ring the bell 4 times No feet.:) memories.....
She placed 8th out of a group of 50 in the last WI State meet on floor in Level 6.
Bad Ass.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i used to do 220lbs cable crunches up to 8 reps, but the current gym i go to, plate/stack machines have plastic guards on the sides from preventing "adding plates"

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
i used to do 220lbs cable crunches up to 8 reps, but the current gym i go to, plate/stack machines have plastic guards on the sides from preventing "adding plates"

So do mine... luckily plastic is flexible. :bitelip: