• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Shoulder Mystery

X

xXx Productions

This might not even be the right place to drop this thread, but i couldn't figure where else to go. My shoulders are my strong point i'd say. I train them with at least 5 excercises each time, but lately i've lowered that to just 3 excercises plus traps. One thing that always blows my mind though, is that my shoulders are never ever sore the next day. No matter how heavy, hard, long or short the training session, they are never sore when i wake up the next day, unlike every other muscle in my entire body. Just wondering if anyone else is in this same situation or maybe am i doing something wrong?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ DOMS is not an indicator of progress or a good session. Neither is a pump.

They are a small muscle group that is largely influenced by several other muscles around them.

On the other hand how well do you recruit the shoulder muscles?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim makes some great points. While DOMS is my no means a direct indicator of hypertrophy, it is somewhat an indicator or recruitment (to an extent). My shoulders never get sore but they grow like a mother. It is very possible that your chest and traps take over a great deal on your shoulder movements. Next time you are doing any kind of shoulder raise, pay close attention to whether you are flexing your traps or not. This is a very common mistake and hard to adjust. You may benefit by exhausting your chest before moving onto overhead pressing movments as this could increase recruitment of the anterior deltoid.

X

xXx Productions

yea for sure. my shoulders grow really fast as well, and i do train them good and focus on keeping the delts active as opposed to letting my traps or chest sneak into the game. i was just curious if there was somethin wrong with me or if anyone else experienced the lack of shoulder soreness. i just alwaysa assumed i wasnt working them hard enough, but they still grow really well.