• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

X-men Origins: Wolverine

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know I am not the only nerd on this forum. I also know that I can't be the only one who likes comics. So when I got the chance to see a working print of the new wolverine movie i took it.

Don't worry I won't be posting any spoilers yet. Has anyone else seen it?

I watched it end to end. Wasn't totally terrible, fell short of its potential though. Thoughts?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I downloaded it mainly for the lulz. I don't really have a desire to watch it....unless I get really bored.

my friend watched the workprint and said the lack of CGI won't bother you that much. is that accurate?

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I downloaded it mainly for the lulz. I don't really have a desire to watch it....unless I get really bored.

my friend watched the workprint and said the lack of CGI won't bother you that much. is that accurate?

Yeah the lack of CGI isn't as off putting as you think it would be. To be honest it still looks pretty good. I also found it very interesting to see how they progress with the CG as time goes on.

Most of the CG is still in there, its just not rendered, no textures or lighting effects. But you can see where it all goes.

P

Pain

VIP
I haven't even seen any of the X-MEN movies yet.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Yeah the lack of CGI isn't as off putting as you think it would be. To be honest it still looks pretty good. I also found it very interesting to see how they progress with the CG as time goes on.

Most of the CG is still in there, its just not rendered, no textures or lighting effects. But you can see where it all goes.
cool. I might give it a watch today.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I haven't even seen any of the X-MEN movies yet.
regardless of what others may say, they are worth watching. especially if you were a big X-Men fan when you were a kid.

The first two are good, the third is kinda meh.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yeh that pretty much sums them up.

We've got X1 and X2 on DVD. If you ignore the plot holes and convenience of powers...... then you can enjoy these films. Just expect Hugh Jackman and Anna Paquin to carry the films.

P

Pain

VIP
regardless of what others may say, they are worth watching. especially if you were a big X-Men fan when you were a kid.

The first two are good, the third is kinda meh.

I used to watch the X-MEN cartoons on saturday mornings after duck tales. :turborun:

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Yeh that pretty much sums them up.

We've got X1 and X2 on DVD. If you ignore the plot holes and convenience of powers...... then you can enjoy these films. Just expect Hugh Jackman and Anna Paquin to carry the films.

After the first half hour of Wolverine prepare to be let down by Jackman.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ He's been in Holywood too long. Too many people blowing smoke up his ass.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

If you enjoy movies with good scripts, great acting and a wide range of emotions throughout... then no, it will bother you.

This movie clearly failed to deliver. It is bad to the bone, so the CGI has to work to make the viewer more interested in this uninteresting piece of unreached potential. For me it was terrible. And the fact that the CGI was craptastic made it even worse.

It was funny to see the work process though. Amazing how much of what you see is actually CGI.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I only enjoyed X-Men 3 tbh cause it had my favorite character, The Juggernaut althought Leech having the ability to take away his powers were meh.... I mean he gets them from a gem not mutant but w/e.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ X-men 3 was just one big plot hole.

Wolverine can also apparently heal his clothes...... that's how many holes there were in that film.

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One of the many things the x-men movies pissed me off is that they wouldn't make it R rated, they made the movies to get a pg-13 rated. Example...Wolverine's claws slash to any material, so in all the xmen movies wolverine could have done a real serious amount limb and head severing, but instead he just stabbed people with them...man wtf. I wish they disregard the children audience and just make the x-men movies more realistic.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Just watched it.

Total garbage.

Beyond boring.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ He's been in Holywood too long. Too many people blowing smoke up his ass.

He is my favorite Australian actor, possibly one of my top fav. He is a great actor and a stand up guy on and off the set. Bale could take a lesson from Jackman.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just watched it.

Total garbage.

Beyond boring.

I disagree, it wasn't total garbage. I would call it a let down though. If you are or were an X-men fan you will get some slight amount of joy by seeing all the various mutants.

The first 20mins or so is awesome. Especially the war montage.

FuManChu

FuManChu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hear it was a massive letdown...
G.I. Joe will be better...wait and see.

Nothing will ever be as terrible as Dragonball:Evolution...:omgwtf: