• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Buying Protein Powder

M

mahrousd

I'm looking to buy some protein for my PWO shake, what do you guys think is the best kind out there?

D

dropshot001

i'd go with a quick release protein like whey isolate

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just bought 10lbs of Met-Rx Protein. its pretty cheap and tastes great (chocolate)

Last edited by a moderator:
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
don't get suckered into brand name being necessarily the best. as long as it has a good protein serving (it should have 15-22 grams per scoop. and any label that has the serving as 4 scoops worth is just lame, i always lol at labels like that, sure, use the full serving, and have 30 dollar protein last a week) and has a good amino acid profile and is whey or a blend with whey being the predominant protein. you can find off brand stuff that is cheap and covers all these factors. or you can spend more, and get something like nitro tech, which is still a quality product.

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
don't get suckered into brand name being necessarily the best. as long as it has a good protein serving (it should have 15-22 grams per scoop. and any label that has the serving as 4 scoops worth is just lame, i always lol at labels like that, sure, use the full serving, and have 30 dollar protein last a week) and has a good amino acid profile and is whey or a blend with whey being the predominant protein. you can find off brand stuff that is cheap and covers all these factors. or you can spend more, and get something like nitro tech, which is still a quality product.

Repped:thumbsup2:

I can never stress that enough. Many companies put protein powders in attractive packaging and give it a cool sounding name in order to attract buyers. I'm with Duality 100%

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea thats right duality. i bought met-rx because of there nutritional thing. i scoop has 23g if protein.. and there are kinda cheap too. :)

D

dropshot001

a good isolate would do the trick imo

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude.. dont listen to them.
Check out ronnie, he uses BSN stuff so its obvious that BSN stuff makes you huge.
As well, Jay and Dex use Muscletech, does are good too

look out for BSN and Muscletech dude, Quality stuff!

:rofl3:

I personally like to use
ON(optimum nutrition)
there are other good ones too, dont fuss to much over it. if your going to fuss..... fuss about basic nutrition and stuff.
noobies tend to fuss over the PWO etc... and ignore all other meals, dont make that mistake.

(dont bother with BSN and muscletech, mostly paying for the brand not the quality, i was joking)

Last edited by a moderator: