Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ this is why I like John Grisham books :keke:

She really looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a bike chain.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    ^^ this is why I like John Grisham books :keke:
    6 months ago I would have fopped my interlectual e-penis around deriding you for liking Grisham books. Now I'm thinking I should actually read some of his stuff first.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The Egyptian by Waltari. A compelling story of Sinuhe, the physician of the Egyptian royalty. Love and passion, war and tragedy, immemorial beliefs and philosophical wisdom -a journey back in time thousands of years into an ancient and beautiful civilization.

S O U L D E S T R O Y E R

Better to serve in Hell than rule in Heaven

Lost are only those who abandon themselves 
    - Hans-Ulrich Rudel

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    6 months ago I would have fopped my interlectual e-penis around deriding you for liking Grisham books. Now I'm thinking I should actually read some of his stuff first.
    I actually have an e-copy of The Divine Comedy, I might read it... but its either print it (fark that) or read it on my computer lol

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Souldestroyer View Post
    The Egyptian by Waltari. A compelling story of Sinuhe, the physician of the Egyptian royalty. Love and passion, war and tragedy, immemorial beliefs and philosophical wisdom -a journey back in time thousands of years into an ancient and beautiful civilization.
    The description I read made it sound more like a history text book. Is it any good to read?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic
    I actually have an e-copy of The Divine Comedy, I might read it... but its either print it (fark that) or read it on my computer lol
    You'll need to print it out. It is quite hard going and reading it on the computer is not going to help. Do you have all three parts or just the first part? You also want to check which translation you get, there are several, one is much better than the rest.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

hahaha, I'm pretty sure I have all three parts. Hrm... I'll have to check otu which translation I have.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

John Grisham?

recently bought playing for pizza.

I have to make an homage here, to a man who's books teached me great lessons, and that passed away this week.

NObel Prize winner, José Saramago.

I've read Memorial do Convento, the one I enjoyed the most.

and Ensaio sobre a cegueira a.k.a blindness.

great great books and writer.

rip.

The Official Book Thread

Natzo's LOG - Check my workouts!ASC 09 Top 5 pick Champion'10 MM fantasy Football league Champion

Strongripology priest
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Just to update my thoughts on "Song of Ice and Fire".
    I'm going through the 4th book (last one already printed) right now and it's the weakest thus far, not bad but not as great as the others, specially considering that the 3rd one is just plain epic, best fantasy book i've ever read.
    I just hope Mr. Martin finish the 5th one already and it's as good as the first three.

No trees were killed in the posting of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ Are you reading them all in a row? Because I've found I don't like doing that as a general rule. Just a bit too much of the same thing.

I've just finished a couple more:

Liberation Day - Andy McNab
    Pretty decent read, felt a bit like reading a Bourne film (not the books though, the Bourne books are nothing like the movies). I think I enjoyed this one more than Recoil but I'm noticing a pattern to the endings.

The Night Watch - Sergei Lukyanenko
    Just finished this one. The movie wasn't a patch on the book, did not capture what little it used of the book at all. I didn't enjoy this book that much, more was fascinated by the take on life the Russian's must have. I've only read a couple of Russian novels, but this one really struck me with the morality and the "battle" of light against dark, good against evil. Completely different from what English speakers philosophies would be, and Americans would have had no doubt that good would triumph (the only time I haven't seen this is in The Wire).

About to start Matthew Reilly's Area 7, or possibly Lee Child's 61 Degrees.

Strongripology priest
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    ^^ Are you reading them all in a row? Because I've found I don't like doing that as a general rule. Just a bit too much of the same thing.
    I always have several books that i read at the same time, often times one sci-fi, one technical book and then something else. I also read a full one betw finishing the 3rd and starting the 4th, plus the 5th one still doesn't exists.
    I agree with the "too much of the same" but on the other hand you don't want to forget characters and plots in a story like this one because it gets pretty "complicated" at times.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    I always have several books that i read at the same time, often times one sci-fi, one technical book and then something else. I also read a full one betw finishing the 3rd and starting the 4th, plus the 5th one still doesn't exists.
    I agree with the "too much of the same" but on the other hand you don't want to forget characters and plots in a story like this one because it gets pretty "complicated" at times.
    You sound like my wife and sister-in-law. They continuously have 3 or more books on the go. I don't like to make the leaps between them. I can do the fiction and non-fiction at the same time easily, two non-fictions as long as they are different topics or different aspects of the same field, but two fictions doesn't work for me.

Strongripology priest
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If i'm honest usually one of the books gets more attention than the other, meaning that if at some point in time i'm reading books A,B and C i'd finish A, then D and still have B and C or one of them at least around. I hope that makes sense lol.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Finished The Appeal by John Grisham. 3/10. I wouldn't recommend it.

Just started The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson. Book 3 in his millenium trilogy, they're basically just 3 different books with the same protagonist.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Finished The Appeal by John Grisham. 3/10. I wouldn't recommend it.
    I've never read Grisham, I read one by another author in a similar vain. They are always just entertaining enough to keep you reading but not good enough that you feel compelled to read everything they have ever written.

Quote Quote
    Just started The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest by Stieg Larsson. Book 3 in his millenium trilogy, they're basically just 3 different books with the same protagonist.
    Everyone has raved about the first book, but my wife didn't get past page 50. Aren't these just a standard espionage book like Len Deighton?

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I've heard really good things about the first one... however my sister is currently reading it. I can't really tell you too much about the plot or anything just yet, but I do get a bit of the espionage vibe.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Just finished Mathew Reilly's Area 7. Good fun and like an action film on paper. It had all the cliches and what not, but it was really entertaining and did not let up at any stage.

Have started Lee Child's 61 Hours which has me engrossed. Very good read so far and I can see things are going to get even more tense.

Not sure what to get to read next. I still have a few others I could read, but I feel like sticking with these thrillers before going to fantasy or sci-fi.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Just finished Without Warning and After America by John Birmingham. More awesome Alt-history/reality from him.

Without Warning
    Quote Quote
    2003: In Paris, an assassin wakes from a coma. In Kuwait, American forces are assembled for their invasion of Iraq. In the pristine forest of the Cascades, a lone hiker watches a plane fly into the side of a mountain. And just north of the Equator, a modern-day pirate, a rogue Tasmanian, is witness to the unspeakable. A wave of inexplicable energy has slammed into America. And destroyed it. In one instant, all around the world, from Cairo to Canberra, things will never be the same.

Now, allied soldiers are fighting a war without command; a correspondent files a story for a newspaper that no longer exists. The line of Presidential succession is in tatters; the functioning remnants of government are in Pearl Harbor, Guantanamo Bay, and one desperate, isolated corner of the Pacific Northwest.

For the jihadists, Allah has performed a miracle. For Sadaam, it is a chance for revenge. Iran declares war, but on an America that doesn't exist, except in the hearts and souls of the men and women who want it to. For US allies, Armageddon has arrived. Israel acts. Australasia, far from the noxious waste darkening Europe's skies, beckons as a possible oasis.

Without Warning tells a fast, furious story of survival, violence, and a new, soul-shattering reality. Here is a world without its sheriff, its Great Satan, or its saviour...

An unknowable future struggles to be born.

My log - read it f*ckers!

My lifting vids

There are few things graven in stone, except that you have to squat or you're a pussy.
    -Mark Rippetoe

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Ben reads?

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training