• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

800 gigawatt-hours of electricity from space?

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Even I'm skeptical about this......

071010_solar2_brill_11ahlarge-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Finally something to power my incredibly power hungry PC

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Believe it or not the ability to send wireless power has been around since approximately the turn of the century. Nikola Tesla (the father of alternating current electricity, eat that Edison!) pioneered the idea almost a century ago. He claimed it was possible to send power through the ionosphere over large distances. The inherent problem of the day was the lack of ability to direct the signal, otherwise sending power out in a spherical manner in a huge inefficiency.

This technology holds a great amount of promise, I am skeptical as to whether or not this first attempt will work. Wireless power is old news though, Wireless power generation that is new and exciting.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Believe it or not the ability to send wireless power has been around since approximately the turn of the century. Nikola Tesla (the father of alternating current electricity, eat that Edison!) pioneered the idea almost a century ago. He claimed it was possible to send power through the ionosphere over large distances. The inherent problem of the day was the lack of ability to direct the signal, otherwise sending power out in a spherical manner in a huge inefficiency.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. In fact, I posted a thread about it. Last year. (A new company is attempting to finally utilize it commercially.)

I'm skeptical about their promised delivery date. 200 megawatts by 2016? I'd be surprised if they'd even launched stuff into space by that date.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Solid post.

The delivery date is do able I think. The technology exists and is proven. They have a contract and obviously therefore some capital. This will be an interesting experiment.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tesla was the man, wasn't he?

Wicked to of think the far-reaching potential of his ideas, almost a hundred years ago.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tesla was the man, wasn't he?

Wicked to of think the far-reaching potential of his ideas, almost a hundred years ago.

He was brilliant. Beats the shit out of Edison. When it comes to electricity Tesla is the master.