• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Need some help with my diet

HammerZC

HammerZC

I'm looking to lose some weight, about 16-20 pounds.

I have always been into training, and in my younger days I always focused on gaining mass.

But over the last year and a half I have been eating alot of junk food and really not doing any training at all.

I'm 5'6 and 171 now, and should be down at 155.

I wrote up a "diet" and I need you guys to help me make a real diet in short.

here is my "diet" now, it's about 1700 kcal.

meal 1: Mass Shake: 500 kcal

meal 2: 100g oatmeal: 364 kcal

meal 3: 100g apple: 47 kcal

meal 4: 150g banana: 124 kcal

(after my workout): 150g chicken + salad 246 kcal

meal 5: Protein shake: 234 kcal

meal 6: 150g chicken + salad: 184 kcal

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Um not to be a dick but good luck!!

If you have been eating a lot of junk and now want to diet you will battle to stick to that diet (especially as it is crap).

You would be better off cutting out one or two items of crappy foods to lose the weight. Simple thing is to start with sugar drinks or liquid calories (Coke, gatorade, etc). Another is to cut out fatty snacks or decrease their portions.

Make that start before massive changes. Get some little steps made first unless you have a will of iron.

HammerZC

HammerZC

Um not to be a dick but good luck!!

If you have been eating a lot of junk and now want to diet you will battle to stick to that diet (especially as it is crap).

You would be better off cutting out one or two items of crappy foods to lose the weight. Simple thing is to start with sugar drinks or liquid calories (Coke, gatorade, etc). Another is to cut out fatty snacks or decrease their portions.

Make that start before massive changes. Get some little steps made first unless you have a will of iron.

That just mean.

HammerZC

HammerZC

I can stick with a diet, I shouldn't be a problem for me to stay away from junk food at all.

But I need a good diet to help me on the way.

E

esmitty82

Junk food,my weakness is sweet tea, lol

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That just mean.

Honestly he gave u great advice though. Start cutting out some of the crap, all liquid calories should go by the wayside. Thats a first step the next stpe would be to evaluate the old diet and slowly change it into a new one.

The reason i say slowly change and another reason that tims idea of not changing drastically and dropping off the liquid cals first is bc the bacteria in your small intestine that digest the food you eat, and then it enters the bloodstream after passing the liver, are bacteria that have adopted to the diet you eat. If u eat junk you have the bacteria to get all the nutrition possible out of the junk food, the problem is that their is no nutrition in junk other than empty calories. So when a person changes from all junk to all health food they have not given their body a slow process and the chance to start developing the bacteria to get the most nutrition out of the health food. your jumping ship into nutrition starvation. That is why you should change your diet slowly. It takes around 2 weeks for the proper bacteria to be present in a drastic diet change, then and only then will you get optimum nutrition from oral feedings, when your body has the bacteria to digest and absorb the nutrients from the healthy food. So start adding in health foods so you start creating the proper bacteria, then make bigger changes start changing meals over to healthier a week or so of that then go to the healthy stuff as much as possible.

God bless
Ben

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dave P diet add 45 mins of cardio....

HAVE YOUR CHEAT MEAL ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, last meal of the
day so you dont cheat again.

Fiber helps burn fat! Everyone should take fiber 2x per day. Fiber actually helps increase the absorption of calcium.
When following my diet plan (which includes getting your brain into ketosis), there can be NO starchy carbs eaten!

MEAL #1
5 whole eggs (make sure to buy OMEGA-3 EGGS from the supermarket. They contain virtually NO saturated fat and tons of good OMEGA-3 fats); add another 4 egg whites to this (they don?t need to be the Omega-3 ones; you can use liquid egg whites)

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #3
"Lean Protein Meal": 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts)

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 ? tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter (no sugar added)

MEAL #5
"Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon, Swordfish, or RED MEAT with a green salad (no tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) with 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil or Macadamia nut oil and vinegar

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 ? tablespoon all natural peanut butter or 4 whole (Omega-3) eggs and 4 extra whites

I also agree with the other guys small steps is the best...