• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

flat stomach

N

nev

im (very) slim, eat regularly, and do some light workout at home, but over the last winter i got somewhat of a layer of fat on my stomach which i need to get rid of if i want to try getting any abs. Crunches and legraises are useless i think if you got that layer of fat covering your abs.

I read i need more physical activity/cardio to get rid of that and the usual restricting diet stuff. I only want the flat stomach back, i need to gain weight on the rest of the body so its a bit of dilemma..

What do you guys think i should do to get my lean belly back?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Diet and cardio. Only way you're gonna drop the bodyfat.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very slim? Gain muscle. Muscle burns fat.

Want to lose fat, take a look at your diet and training. Training can become more intense. Eating can be refined.

If I was in your shoes I would be aiming at cleaning up my diet and taking my training seriously.

N

nev

anymore ideas please?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eating.

Eating is the most metabolically active thing you can do.

Just make sure you're not eating junk.

N

nev

how is eating much more gonne remove my tummy:<

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how is eating much more gonne remove my tummy:<

To keep your metabolism up. But dont get fooled here make sure you eat the right food and stay away from fast food.

Other than that diet and some cardio are the way to go

N

nev

To keep your metabolism up. But dont get fooled here make sure you eat the right food and stay away from fast food.

Other than that diet and some cardio are the way to go

some say: reduce diet for calorie deficit
some say: train muscle coz they burn fat
some say: just runrunrun (cardio)
some say: eat more for better metabolism

<confused>

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since you are new to this.. you should right now just aim at eating 4 times a day but then build that up to eating 6 times a day. EAT HEALTHY for every meal. The meals don't have to be huge but just enough to keep that metabolism up. Almost everyone will tell you that it is almost impossible to lose fat and build muscle. So you should choose which one you want to do now. If you want a flat stomach for the summer then loose the fat now and don't worry about putting on muscle till the fall. For cardio you should do HITT cardio. You can look HITT traing up on this forum since there has been plenty of discussions on it.

N

nev

Since you are new to this.. you should right now just aim at eating 4 times a day but then build that up to eating 6 times a day. EAT HEALTHY for every meal. The meals don't have to be huge but just enough to keep that metabolism up. Almost everyone will tell you that it is almost impossible to lose fat and build muscle. So you should choose which one you want to do now. If you want a flat stomach for the summer then loose the fat now and don't worry about putting on muscle till the fall. For cardio you should do HITT cardio. You can look HITT traing up on this forum since there has been plenty of discussions on it.

yea ok thanks
but workout will still help if muscles burn fat?
is 45min x2 / week going to make any difference? exams coming up :(

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes you still need to lift weights.. just dont expect to put on much muscle..
If you mean cardio 45 min twice a week then I would say no that probably wouldn't make a difference. You should do cardio at least 4 times a week. Right now I am doing cardio at least 4 times a day for 30 minutes in the morning and another 30 in the afternoon. I have exams coming up to so I have not got in all of my cardio sessions.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could eat more soluble fiber like oats, also these could include legumes, advocados and blackberries as well- and this makes you feel full pretty fast. Also include some cardio like running, biking or fast walking, and this is very effective in reducing belly fat as well.