• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Iranian ship bound for Gaza sunk

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is big news, could cause a major conflict.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1081215.html

An Iranian vessel laden with weapons bound for the Gaza Strip was torpedoed off the coast of Sudan last week, allegedly by Israeli or American forces operating in the area, the Egyptian newspaper El-Aosboa reported on Sunday.

Anonymous sources in Khartoum told the newspaper that an unidentified warship bombed the Iranian vessel as it prepared to dock on Sudan before transferring its load for shipment to the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip.

These sources said they suspects U.S. or Israeli involvement in the attack, but neither Washington nor Jerusalem have released a statement yet on the matter.
Advertisement
The Israel Air Force, meanwhile, is suspected of attacking a convoy of Iranian arms that passed through Sudan en route to Gaza in January, according to reports released in March.

American officials confirmed the IAF involvement in that attack, The New York Times later reported, abd said they had received intelligence reports that an Iranian Revolutionary Guards operative had gone to Sudan to help organize the weapons convoy said the report.

Israel has neither denied nor confirmed involvement in that incident.

In February, Cypriot authorities detained an Iranian arms ship en route Iranian arms ship en route to Syria, apparently upon request of the U.S. and Israel.

A search of the ship, which was sailing from Iran to the Syrian port of Latakia, found ammunition for T-72 tanks, used by the Syrian army, as well as various types of mortar shells, said a senior Israeli official.

The United States has claimed that the ship was carrying weapons from Iran to Hamas or the Lebanon-based militant group Hezbollah.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes you are right, this could cause a serious reaction. Whatever it does cause I hope we stay out of it and let Israel take care of themselves. The last thing we need is another Oil Embargo like the one implemented after our support during the Yom Kappur war in the early 70's. That would catapult the world into a major recession while we are barely holding on now.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

What is so funny? We have yet to directly intervene in any of their conflicts do date, just indirectly. If Obama wants to learn from history he should publicly back off to prevent a possible world wide crisis. I don't think it is likely, but it is possible and the best scenario.

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if there is a conflict, america will be dragged into it, whether they like it or not. American military bases will become easy targets for the missiles that will be launched.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if there is a conflict, america will be dragged into it, whether they like it or not. American military bases will become easy targets for the missiles that will be launched.

That is a very good point, lets hope that those that would do it would not be that stupid. :ughfingers:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I couldn't find anything on any US newspapers yet. :wutyousay:

pegasus

pegasus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That is a very good point, lets hope that those that would do it would not be that stupid. :ughfingers:

if the iranian government is threatened and feels like its going down I'm sure it will try to take down as many as it can with itself and cause as much destruction as possible. I'm guessing they will instruct their followers to destroy oil pipes in iraq, and also have the shi'ites in the north of Saudi Arabia try to do the same, they will also target as many oil tankers as they can be it via suicide bombers, rockets, RPG's etc.

At the moment I don't think America has the will to fight another war, cause they prob won't be able to borrow as much from countries like japan, china etc who are having a lot problems of their own.

Israel is worried that if Iran continues at the current rate of advancement, and if they do decide to build nukes then they won't be able to act like the big bully who can threaten those around them and do as they wish. Anyone with a little intelligence would know that Iran would not give nukes to taliban or alquida who are sworn enemies of shi'ites, and they won't be launching any missiles them selves cause the retaliation would destroy them too.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braag's opinions on politic are funnier than anything. :49:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Braag's opinions on politic are funnier than anything. :49:

Why? I have the educational background to make an intelligent analysis of the situation. You agreeing or not has nothing to do with it. :talkhand: