• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fresh or Frozen veggies?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would like to hear other peoples thoughts on what is better
ive heard that frozen ones can be just as good

just saying

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some frozen ones are good, i would try to buy more fresh though.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Frozen can actually have better nutrition levels as they tend to be picked when ripe as opposed to some "fresh" stuff being ethelene ripened after cold storage.

I personally would be trying for farmer market style foods. Frozen can be a good alternative (I've got a pack in the fridge for emergencies) but it tends to be the offcuts from normal production and relatively expensive.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Frozen can actually have better nutrition levels as they tend to be picked when ripe as opposed to some "fresh" stuff being ethelene ripened after cold storage.

I personally would be trying for farmer market style foods. Frozen can be a good alternative (I've got a pack in the fridge for emergencies) but it tends to be the offcuts from normal production and relatively expensive.

:thumbsup2:

nice post Tim

V

vdawg

all my veggies are frozen, i dont waste them that way.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
fresh when possible.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Frozen are easy for me and cheap around here. I throw them in with my rice because my rice cooker has a veggie steamer on top :) If you can find local and fresh veggies, it is a good route to take but I havent seen anything to discourage me from using frozen.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ cooking rice is so 2008.. these days we use instant rice :keke: put hot water on, wait 5min and you are ready to go :keke:

< i use both, mostly frozen because its cheaper and i don't waste anything.

M

mces0421

I love fresh vegetables.I am a veggie eater and I go for fresh since it's more nutritious.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
actualy insta rice is bad
stick with cooking rice

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^^Yeh instant rice is very bad.

I have frozen veg since it lasts longer and im not making trips every other day to the supermarket.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love fresh vegetables.I am a veggie eater and I go for fresh since it's more nutritious.

Not necessarily true.

And "fresh" is a relative term. Refer to my earlier post.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whats the difference between instant and regular? i mean its the same the instant is only pre-cocked :shakefist:
i had read it in an article, not even the slightest clue what it was called, when i read it and where.
i just remembered the conclusion, dont bother with instant rice.
it was extremely high in something if memory serves.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
According to www.nutritiondata.com, the caloric makeup of prepared instant rice is 89% carb, 4% fat, and 7% protein. Regular rice is slightly better use of your calories, 90% carb, 2% fat, and 8% protein.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
whats the difference between instant and regular? i mean its the same the instant is only pre-cocked :shakefist:

Well its extremely high according to the glycemic index ratings for carbohydrates. Meaning that it can cause a bigger insulin spike as apposed to brown rice (fibre) therefore can lead to gaining fat.

However, the glycemic index is only tested with just those products, i dont know any fucker who eats a bowl of rice without anything like chicken and veggies which would decrease the insulin spike.

My advice miami is to stick with carbs on the lower end of glycemic like brown rice/pasta even though they both taste like dry hamster poo.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh just for your information, i use brown rice.. its pre cooked, all you have to do is throw it for another 10min in hot water and wait..

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
insta rice is for sissys and girlie men

end of story

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
at least that sissy stuff got me bigger and stronger than you are :iorofl:

no way man

they dont call me the super huge big ball of crazy muscle for nothing :headbang:

i`ll crush you and have you as my PWO

:rofl3:

on a serious note i`m younger then you, and going through that akward hard exam period & natural but i do ok for 6" 4