• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

FDA Set to Destroy Bodybuilding Products

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WASHINGTON— FDA has received a consent decree from the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division, to destroy prohormone products worth $1.3 million. The decree included more than 23,300 bottles of three products distributed by LG Sciences LLC, of Brighton, Mich., marketed for use by body builders and distributed on the Web and at retail under the names “Methyl 1-D,” “Methyl 1-D XL,” and “Formadrol Extreme XL.” On behalf of FDA, U.S.Marshalls seized the products back in early April 2008, but the company was fighting the action, saying the products were DSHEA-compliant.

FDA said lab tests showed the products, which were marketed as dietary supplements, contain one or more unapproved food additives and/or new dietary ingredients (NDIs) and lacked scientific support for safe use. They found Methyl 1-D and Methyl 1-D XL contained 1,4,6-androstatriene-3,17-dione, also known as “ATD” or 1,4,6-etioallocholan-dione; Formadrol Extreme XL contained ATD and 3,6,17-androstenetrione, also known as “6-OXO”—the substance at the center of the legal battle between suspended Phillies pitcher J.C. Romero and several supplement makers and retailers.

FDA stated both of these substances are steroids that inhibit the activity of the enzyme aromatase; they can be found in dietary supplements marketed as testosterone boosters. Also, 6-OXO was created by Patrick Arnold, the chemist behind many of the BALCO products involved in the Major League Baseball steroid scandal, which involved Barry Bonds and other key players.

The agency emphasized it has no scientific information concerning the safety of the condemned supplements or their ingredients and, therefore, cannot determine whether they represent a hazard to consumers. They advised consumers who use or have used the products to discuss their use with their health care professionals. They added anyone who has experienced an adverse event related to any of these products should also consult a healthcare professional, in addition to reporting the event to MedWatch adverse event reporting (AER) system.

At the time of seizure, LG Sciences called the FDA action “merely a preliminary step in determining compliance with food regulations.” The company disputed what it called a “temporary restraint of its products” but agreed FDA was only trying to protect consumers. Further, LG said an ambiguous DSHEA allowed for such a seizure, but the company was adamant the offending ingredients were not NDIs, as they have numerous studies backing their safe use and have been in competitor’s products for several years. At the time, LG said it looked forward “to assisting the FDA in clarifying this matter and the prompt return of its inventory.”

However, FDA won the consent decree. “The court order is the result of efforts by the federal government to protect consumers from products for which there is inadequate information to assure that they do not present a significant or unreasonable risk of illness or injury,” said Michael Chappell, acting associate commissioner for regulatory affairs at FDA. “It shows that the agency is prepared to use the necessary legal means to keep such products out of the marketplace.”

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pure politics.

I want to stand around that straw man and keep my hands warm.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why now? why all of this other unneedful banning of other products?

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wondering if you breathe the smoke from them destroying all of them, would you boost your hormone levels?

l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

time to stock up!

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wondering if you breathe the smoke from them destroying all of them, would you boost your hormone levels?

lol a cig on roids.

our VP Biden has made his worked his way up through the government simply by promoting the banning of substances when he himself has no clue to what any of it is, he just likes to do it so he can say he stood up against "steroids".

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats big brother for ya......

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heres the problem, if the ingredients in the supps are not illegal then why are the supplements being pulled off the shelves? The FDA admits that they do not have any proof that these supps are dangerous. But at the same time that is the reason they are being pulled from the market is because the FDA must have a hunch that they are dangerous. The absence of their evidence/proof is evidence/proof of NOTHING. They pulled the supps because they felt like it, not because they had any concrete evidence, or at least any credible evidence proving their point. Doing something based on feeling in our legal system is bullshit, the legal system needs to be logic based so truth and justice can be served. This case being decided on no evidence is bullshit not because of what was decided i could care less if pro-hormones are on the market, i care that logic is leaving the building and people are making irrational decisions with no evidence to support their premise.

The burden of proof is on the FDA because the supp company is not doing anything illegal. Based on the article the only thing the FDA has is information on the ingredients and a theory with no testing done to prove it.

D

dropshot001

Heres the problem, if the ingredients in the supps are not illegal then why are the supplements being pulled off the shelves? The FDA admits that they do not have any proof that these supps are dangerous. But at the same time that is the reason they are being pulled from the market is because the FDA must have a hunch that they are dangerous. The absence of their evidence/proof is evidence/proof of NOTHING. They pulled the supps because they felt like it, not because they had any concrete evidence, or at least any credible evidence proving their point. Doing something based on feeling in our legal system is bullshit, the legal system needs to be logic based so truth and justice can be served. This case being decided on no evidence is bullshit not because of what was decided i could care less if pro-hormones are on the market, i care that logic is leaving the building and people are making irrational decisions with no evidence to support their premise.

The burden of proof is on the FDA because the supp company is not doing anything illegal. Based on the article the only thing the FDA has is information on the ingredients and a theory with no testing done to prove it.

its this type of logic being employed by the gov that scares me.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
isnt methyl 1-d useless anyway?so what if they destroy them,maybe then people will stop waisting money on useless sups and get them selfs some real gear.

test ftw

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
granitesoldier69

granitesoldier69

everybody responds differently but i got pretty good results off the four part stack by LG myself.. i dont know fellas. could be hype could be ligit...