• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cardio while cutting

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When you guys are in your cutting phase how much cardio do you do? What do you guys think are the best ways to do cardio without being catabolic and burning off your hard earned muscle.

Typically I do cardio on non training days, if I do it on training days then its a different time span of the day, or only for 30mins post workout.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cardio by nature is catabolic. The biggest thing to take into consideration is that you progress and overload your cardio. Whether you burn muscle or not will come down to your calorie deficit. You can minimize muscle wasting by making sure that you are in a reasonable calorie deficit that does not exceed 1000 calories. Keep protein high and carbohydrates moderate. If you can avoid doing it post workout, that would be ideal. I would spread it 4 hours from weight training when possible but this may not be realistic. If you do it after training make sure that you have some aminos somewhere in there from the time you start weight training to the time you do cardio. I would start off with a light amount of cardio maybe 3 days a week, once a day and work your way up by manipulating your frequency, intensity, time and type of the cardio that you are doing. Gradually work your way into it and the diet should really be doing work.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cardio by nature is catabolic. The biggest thing to take into consideration is that you progress and overload your cardio. Whether you burn muscle or not will come down to your calorie deficit. You can minimize muscle wasting by making sure that you are in a reasonable calorie deficit that does not exceed 1000 calories. Keep protein high and carbohydrates moderate. If you can avoid doing it post workout, that would be ideal. I would spread it 4 hours from weight training when possible but this may not be realistic. If you do it after training make sure that you have some aminos somewhere in there from the time you start weight training to the time you do cardio. I would start off with a light amount of cardio maybe 3 days a week, once a day and work your way up by manipulating your frequency, intensity, time and type of the cardio that you are doing. Gradually work your way into it and the diet should really be doing work.

great post, repped for that :thumbsup2:

your avi looks sick, too

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mostly around 2-3 times a week which is fine for me. I can go with less cardio if I want because when I cut cals the BF will drop aling with it. I only use cardio to get my metabolism up and to get some nutrient partioning benefids