• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

shins

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
k guys i try to treadmill as much as I can, but I have yet to get off of one without my shins feeling swolen. I think it's shin splints. something makes me thinkk its not actually the tibia , but maybe tendons under and by it..am I wrong. I want to be able to run again , no pain. any advice is awesome!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If there isn't pain then it isn't shin splints. You do have muscles on the front of the shin that will get a fair bit of work from flat foot running and walking. Could just be them getting swole.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
woops..I tink i was being dumb. I know its not my tibialis anterior or anything like that..I know that when i press on the side(inside) of my shin , it hurts like FUCK..but that just after cardio..the pain goes away after an hour or two. Its either the bone or tendon.I should have been more clear woopseys

G

GilZero

GO TO A DOCTOR. I had pains in my feet/heels after running and i didnt care, now im injured and have been for 6 months+, dont risk it

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hmm..i haven't used creatine in a while..thanks freako..it might be something serious, however maybe im luckky b/c my shins are better the more i run

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Creatine seems to be only connected to the acute form of the syndrome.

Damn, the more I read into the problem the more worrying it gets. I guess I'll just have to give up on running... :bitelip:

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea..its really hard to think that creatine would caause that...I gained a wholllle lotta weight really fucking fast..like almost 100 lbs, and i think i just needed to drop weight b/c i hadn't run at all with this new weight..so now that ive dropped like 40 lbs it is way easier on my tendons..I honestly can press on the tibia and no pain, that's whyit has to be those tendons :D

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ch...tment-syndrome/DS00789/DSECTION=complications
Chronic exertional compartment syndrome isn't a life-threatening condition and usually doesn't cause any lasting or permanent damage if you seek appropriate treatment. However, if you continue to exercise despite pain, the repeated increases in compartment pressure can lead to muscle, nerve and blood vessel damage. As a result, you may develop permanent numbness or weakness in affected muscles.

Perhaps the biggest complication of untreated chronic exertional compartment syndrome is its impact on participation in your favorite sports — the pain may prevent you from being active.

Gaaaaaaaaaaay!

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea..its really hard to think that creatine would caause that...I gained a wholllle lotta weight really fucking fast..like almost 100 lbs, and i think i just needed to drop weight b/c i hadn't run at all with this new weight..so now that ive dropped like 40 lbs it is way easier on my tendons..I honestly can press on the tibia and no pain, that's whyit has to be those tendons :D

There's your awnser. A change in bodyweight and especially when it happens fast is hard for the body. Imo start out on the crosstrainer or bike thats less hard for the chins, knee's, hips. After that you can always do some running but build up easy. These type of injurys are bad news. If you neglect them it could get a long term problem. Your symptomes could indicate an inflammatory of some structure.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shin splints: number of conditions categorised as them. Most are from overuse, lack of fitness/strength, lack of blood flow, or microfractures/trauma.

Like Philo said, you put on a heap of weight and your shins can't keep up with the demands placed on them.

I had shin splints from a biomechanical problem. Saw a podiatrist and got some proper orthodics and they haven't bothered me since.

CombBoy

CombBoy

I heard that taping a piece of wood over your shins might help. *random suggestion only :)*

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Nah I've got a rock that I carry in my pocket that works better.