• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Protein preference PWO

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was going through cindy phillips` whole blog and there was a part on protein.
she says she prefers Isolate with MRP

then i started thinking about my own set up

right now i just go with ON.

What do you think about her way?

if isolate is more easily and quickly absorbed wouldnt it be better?
As well i noticed most Whey`s will have a mix of concentrate, isolate and sometimes hydrolyzed.

What do you think would be the best set up?
Do you think her way sounds effective?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Isolate doesn't have all the benefits of concentrate.
Isolate isn't as easily digested as hydrolyzed.
Whey in general doesn't lead to as much muscle gain as when a "slow" protein (casein) is taken in the PWO window.
Blends generally have a better amino profile and retains the benefits of concentrates and isolates.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just switched from ON gold standard whey to ON Nitro-Core and I'm never going back. Find a good whey/casein mix.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whey in general doesn't lead to as much muscle gain as when a "slow" protein (casein) is taken in the PWO window.

but wouldnt get the protein into your system as fast as possible be more desirable then a slow digesting one?

usually people will have something quick pwo then around 30-1hr later they will eat again but real food
could you explain exactly.. noob in training

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ It's from a classic bit of PWO nutrition research that shows that Whey+Casein was superior to Whey PWO in terms of lean muscle gains over time. I forget the exact reasoning but something along the lines of the whey still triggers anabolism (although a smaller response) but with the casein extends this response for ~4hrs or something.

I think I posted the abstract in the nutrition abstracts thread in the articles section.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thx a bundle. i`ll go find that bad boy