• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Why does this happen ?

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are several weird things that happen to me while lifting, I thought maybe you guys knew why =)

When I am doing dumbbell curls I start doing them normally, but they gradually turn into hammer curls. I can't explain it, it's as if my wrists, forearms and biceps controlled what I wanted to do. Any ideas ?

When I am doing dumbbell press I cannot lock them down close together like everybody would tell you. I just push them upwards, as if it was really a barbell. It takes me much more effort to put them close together at the top, everybody tells me it's the other way around.

When I am doing bent-over rows I find them EXTREMELY easy. This happens with perfect form, timing and ROM. Once I deposit the bar it's as if I was about to die, my entire back feels exhausted and annihilated. The fuck ? I actually have to lower the weight I can do because if I don't watch out I increase the weight too much and end up throwing up, even if the reps went easy as shit, once I finish and lose the weight off my arms it's hell time.

And last thing !

When I am doing bench press, I sometimes get deltoid spasms. They are not painful, but they are weird and distract me.

Thanks bros :p

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bench press does put a lot of stress on the front deltoids. I think it's best to warm up the shoulders before hitting the bench. Anyway I don't even do bench press with barbells I find it to be very awkward and very uncomfortable.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dont worry about the weight, just make sure your form is spot on !!!

it sounds to me like your form is bad, so work on that :thumbsup2:

good luck bro.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1. your db curls transform into hammer curls because your biceps gets tired and you stop focusing so the reaction is for your body to do it the easier way which is hammer form.

2. i have the same issue with the db presses. i don't bring them close in anymore just go like you go your chest will grow anyway :thumbsup2:

3. no clue

4. its because your muscle regenerates.. muscle spasm is a sign that the part starts relaxing and rebuilds the muscle you "broke down"

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dont worry about the weight, just make sure your form is spot on !!!

it sounds to me like your form is bad, so work on that :thumbsup2:

good luck bro.

Form is spotless. I have had trainers come and told me to cheat a little more because I could use more weight when I started lifting. I have kept that perfect form.

1. your db curls transform into hammer curls because your biceps gets tired and you stop focusing so the reaction is for your body to do it the easier way which is hammer form.

Quite logic ! Thanks man =)

2. i have the same issue with the db presses. i don't bring them close in anymore just go like you go your chest will grow anyway :thumbsup2:

Awesome, we are not alone then :p

4. its because your muscle regenerates.. muscle spasm is a sign that the part starts relaxing and rebuilds the muscle you "broke down"

Good to know ! Thanks bro.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Form is spotless. I have had trainers come and told me to cheat a little more because I could use more weight when I started lifting. I have kept that perfect form.
Nobody's form is spotless/perfect/(insert adjective here).

You may have good form but you may not have some muscles recruiting effectively, you may have muscles that when in a compound or single joint movement tire more rapidly and result in less effective movement (like your DB curls).

I'd suggest that you look closely at what the issue is and what can be done to fix it. I picked up a couple of things from Dave Tate's vid this past week on benching that got me into a more solid pressing position.