• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Vitamins before workoout.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I've been thinking about this, Vitamins are the base of muscle building:

Vitamin A - Is crucial to the process of protein synthesis where individual amino acids are combined to form new muscle tissue. It also helps the body to produce glycogen, the stored form of carbohydrates within the body.

Vitamin B1 - Also known as "thiamine" and is heavily involved in protein metabolism as well as the production of hemoglobin which helps to carry oxygen around the body.

Vitamin B2 - Also known as "riboflavin" and aids in the fat burning process as well as helping the body to produce energy from carbohydrates.

Vitamin B3 - Also known as "niacin" and increases vasodilation within the muscle tissue, helping you to appear fuller and more vascular.

Vitamin B6 - Also known as "pyridoxine" and is very important because of its effect on protein digestion. Muscle-building diets require larger than normal amounts of protein, and this means that your body needs a higher amount of vitamin B6 than the average Joe.

Vitamin B12 - Also known as "cobalamin", vitamin b12 ensures that the brain and muscle tissue are communicating efficiently and this has a direct effect on muscle growth and coordination.

Biotin - Helps the body metabolize amino acids and produce energy during workouts.

Vitamin C - Heavily involved in amino acid metabolism and the formation of collagen. Collagen is found in your connective tissue and keeps your joints strong and healthy. Vitamin C also plays a role in the production of steroid hormones in the body and also enhances the absorption of iron. On top of all of this, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which flushes out free radicals and prevents damage to your body cells.

Vitamin D - Helps the body to absorb calcium and phosphorus more efficiently. Calcium is very important during muscle contractions and also helps to maintain strong bones and joints. Phosphorus is involved in the synthesis of ATP, the usable form of energy within the body.

Vitamin E - A very powerful antioxidant which helps to hunt out and neutralize free radicals. This will help to flush out many of the natural metabolic waste products your body produces and maintain the health of your cell membranes.

Can one beneficiate of taking Vitamins lets say an extra cap of your multi before a workout? to fead the muscle with viatmins is it beneficial before a workout?
Are they even going to be absorbed efficiently to benefitiate your muscles during workout?

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would see little benefit from taking them pre-workout as vitamins are not bio-available right away. Just a good base of vitamins on a daily basis would be beneficial.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i know a guy that used to take them pre workout, never asked him why

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like Dcuts said: little point pre or post workout. Main thing is to make sure you are actually keeping a good supply of vitamins and minerals coming into the body regularly. Vit C for example can be turned over very quickly as we don't store a lot of it.

I.e. eat real food regularly.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
@Tim and DCuts: Thanks guys, yeah I thought they weren't absorbed that fast to be present in the workout. Had to ask though..

@Dridrz : Isn't the animal pack used pre workout? I know a lot of people that take it pre workout..:umwtf:

I think I remember reading it in the animal label..???

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@Tim and DCuts: Thanks guys, yeah I thought they weren't absorbed that fast to be present in the workout. Had to ask though..

@Dridrz : Isn't the animal pack used pre workout? I know a lot of people that take it pre workout..:umwtf:

I think I remember reading it in the animal label..???

yeah on the back it says to take pre workout, but only take it with ur first meal :thumbsup2:

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot of vitamins you should take with food, because for some individuals they can cause stomach acidity and mild nausea if taken on an empty stomach. B vitamins are important for the conversion of food into energy, and therefore be taken early in the day.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vitamins are essential requirements our body needs to work on a high level performance and always be ready to fight against diseases. Now, on working out level, it's needed to help boost one's efficiency. So, it's very important to have them always.