• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

FDA now in control of regulating tobacco

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=105315166

That began decades of debate over tobacco and what the government should do about it that this week culminated in a new milestone: Congress passed legislation that gives the Food and Drug Administration the authority to regulate tobacco.

We are inching towards making tobacco illegal.

America. lol.

P

Pain

VIP
Imagine the riots of all the smokers if stores stopped selling tobacco.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yay more pot smokers.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Imagine the riots of all the smokers if stores stopped selling tobacco.
there would be no riots. people in America don't care about freedom anymore.

I am willing to bet by the time we are older and have grandkids, both tobacco and caffeine will be illegal.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Yay more pot smokers.
why would tobacco smokers switch to pot, if they were both illegal?

I mean, if they are both illegal....why not just stick with the drug you prefer? lol.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ im just saying, since theres more people out there pushing to legalize marijuana, you never know.
I think getting high from marijuana is much better than a cigarette high (especially if you stop smoking for more than 5 days), but this my own opinion.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
^ im just saying, since theres more people out there pushing to legalize marijuana, you never know.
I think getting high from marijuana is much better than a cigarette high (especially if you stop smoking for more than 5 days), but this my own opinion.
you don't get high from cigarettes. lol.

The two aren't even close to being the same thing. It's a silly comparison.

It's like comparing caffeine to methamphetamine. (in terms of potency) Yeah, meth will give you alot more energy than caffeine, but would you really want to replace your morning coffee with a line of crystal meth?

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they get too much money in taxes to make it illegal.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
they get too much money in taxes to make it illegal.
or better yet, imagine if you had to get a prescription from a doctor everytime your wanted to buy a pack of cigarettes.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
or better yet, imagine if you had to get a prescription from a doctor everytime your wanted to buy a pack of cigarettes.

now that sounds doable.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its not like anyone was benefiting from it... except the huge companies
anyways i dont think they will ever make it illegal... judging on how we conduct politics today... they wont because they will know they will lose votes(or lose more than they gain) and money

Iranslaves

Iranslaves

yIt's like comparing caffeine to methamphetamine. (in terms of potency) Yeah, meth will give you alot more energy than caffeine, but would you really want to replace your morning coffee with a line of crystal meth?

My friend says that this is exactly what will happen if drugs are legal and people have the option....

... then they're gonna go out in the street and steal my wallet.

2h7najb-1.jpg

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if thats the case, we might as well make Twinkies illegal....because it's not like anyone "benefits" from those.

would it really make a difference if twinkies where illegal?

i`m like in a perpetual arguement with everyone lol

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you don't get high from cigarettes. lol.

The two aren't even close to being the same thing. It's a silly comparison.

It's like comparing caffeine to methamphetamine. (in terms of potency) Yeah, meth will give you alot more energy than caffeine, but would you really want to replace your morning coffee with a line of crystal meth?

I know, but the high from cigs i should have mentioned is like blacking out, feel good type. I used to smoke both. sure i don't know how that comparison is like Meth and Caffeine, haha.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there would be no riots. people in America don't care about freedom anymore.

I am willing to bet by the time we are older and have grandkids, both tobacco and caffeine will be illegal.

caffeine!? really? what makes you think that?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
caffeine!? really? what makes you think that?
after they knock out tobacco, caffeine will become the new enemy. it's widely considered an "addictive" stimulant that is used by millions of people every single day. first they will tax the fuck out of it, then it will be condemned like ephedra was.

there are already lawmakers who want to impose strict "caffeine taxes". (along with taxes on junk food and soda)....one by one, every legal vice that Americans have will be taxed and then banned.

hell, there are some cities and states which have outlawed trans fats. lol. thats how pathetic this country has become.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
after they knock out tobacco, caffeine will become the new enemy. it's widely considered an "addictive" stimulant that is used by millions of people every single day. first they will tax the fuck out of it, then it will be condemned like ephedra was.

there are already lawmakers who want to impose strict "caffeine taxes". (along with taxes on junk food and soda)....one by one, every legal vice that Americans have will be taxed and then banned.

hell, there are some cities and states which have outlawed trans fats. lol. thats how pathetic this country has become.

wow...... that's very disheartening. i can't say i disagree.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I would have said Trans and Saturated Fats were going to be on the chopping block first.

They need easy targets to make the radical ones seem ok. And caffeine is a radical step as coffee is a very large part of American culture, history and economy. Look at how long it took to demonise tobacco.