• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My new routine.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Hey guys , just want to get some feedback about my new routine, criticise at will.

I'm gonna follow this scheme.

Monday - Chest / shoulders / Triceps
Tuesday - Biceps / forearms / back windth and thickness
Wed - Off
Thursday - calves / hams / quads
Friday - repeat Monday

so it is going to be a 2 on 1 oFF, hitting each body part 2 times a week.
Gonna do it Low volume style some warm-ups with two sets to failure.

I'm gonna do mainly what I call true mass builders exercises.. so cable crossovers and such are banned from this offseason.

I haven't decided how many exercises I'm going to do per session.
Think i'm going with 3 for chest and back 2 for the rest each workout.

Training each body part twice per week makes more sense to me cause you have two growth stimulus in a week instead of one and you're able to hit it fresh a second time wich will make more sessions of that body part at the end of the year compared to the standart.

What you guys think?

Monday workout should be like this:

BB incline - wu's 2 sets to failure
DB press - wu 2 sets failure
Db flye - 1 set failure

BNP - wu's 2 set failure
DB lateral - wu 2 sets failure

Dips - 2 sets failure
ez pushdown - 2 sets failure

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys , just want to get some feedback about my new routine, criticise at will.

Ok, I don't like your user handle, people from Portugal smell funny and my football sporting code is superior to your football sporting code. :rofl3:

Seriously though; you talk about training things twice a week and yet present a pretty lame split style rather than something that will hit the body twice a week. Considering that legs and back are the big muscle groups they should be earlier in the week when you are fresh, not chest. And training to failure should have died in a amphetamine cloud of dispair just like Mentzer. You can't train to failure on every set of every exercise of every session and expect to do anything other than fail. You reach a point were you can no longer maintain your technique and form and you also tend to require longer recovery periods or accumulate DOMS (which is not fun if you do anything other than play video games all day).

Think of approaching things a bit differently.

D

dropshot001

i'd say that there is too much going to failure in this one. pick one exercise per body part and go to failure on it on one set. too much to failure trianing will definitely lead to you burning out fast

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Yeah.. ignore this...

I was going to delete it . but since people were not responding, I kept it alive..

I was to wasted that day..It tells by the nonsense of words I used..

I'm sorry.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
WHAT?? TIM???

Portuguese smell funny?

Once I had an English teacher from Australia.. Rob was the name of the guy..

He was cool no doubt, funny guy.. but he loved to surf.. maybe too much, he used to come to class smelling like fish bate.

And the school is a English Inst. Funny accent the guy had.. :rofl3:

Do you have a serious sport in Australia?? AussieRules WTF??

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just do some basic 5x5 man, don't know why people have to need everything in a week, just do 5x5 and fit it in 8 days, better recovery and u hit the muscle with good frequency

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Just do some basic 5x5 man, don't know why people have to need everything in a week, just do 5x5 and fit it in 8 days, better recovery and u hit the muscle with good frequency

ThAnks PV, but that routine was posted in a bad time (wasted), I'll stick to my HIT routine, that has brought me very good results. i'll just upgrade it.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
WHAT?? TIM???

Portuguese smell funny?

Once I had an English teacher from Australia.. Rob was the name of the guy..

He was cool no doubt, funny guy.. but he loved to surf.. maybe too much, he used to come to class smelling like fish bate.

And the school is a English Inst. Funny accent the guy had.. :rofl3:

Do you have a serious sport in Australia?? AussieRules WTF??

AFL isn't a real sport.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ThAnks PV, but that routine was posted in a bad time (wasted), I'll stick to my HIT routine, that has brought me very good results. i'll just upgrade it.

Hows HIT working for you? I'm not a big fan of it but have to admit some peopel make good progress with it

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Hows HIT working for you? I'm not a big fan of it but have to admit some peopel make good progress with it

I've been training HIT for 1 year and half now ( not when dieting), and the progress was amazing, gained considerable size, don't know exactly how much...

I started reading some training material, and then observed Braaqs log, and Big Guns here in mecca and i give it a try.

it all makes sense pure and simple.

You have to train to failure, the muscle grow process occurs when you're adapting to a certain new stimulus this case the weight, you must go to failure and get those certain number of reps (try at least) and come back next session and try to beat that number, the muscle doesn't respond so well if you're pushing a weight that you can handle already , he has adapt to it and grown to push it. so that training pyramid of 4 sets always increasing it's a waste of time you're pushing 3 sets a certain weight that you already adapt, getting tired for that one last set that really matters.

Try to beat yourself, try to progress always. make it intense - if it's intense the workout should be short... and so on..

Try to beat your previous lifts, stop wasting time with endless sets that don't bring anything new.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
AFL isn't a real sport.

And a sport that encourages guys to stick fingers up each others bums and gangbang rape girls while fondling one another is a real sport.

AFL - Fast, skillfull, tough and we don't gang-rape our supporters.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
And a sport that encourages guys to stick fingers up each others bums and gangbang rape girls while fondling one another is a real sport.

What??

What sport are you watching?? :rofl3:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What??

What sport are you watching?? :rofl3:
I'm watching AFL, but I was commenting on the crappy rugby league that Skippy watches. The NRL has had a lot of dodgy players of late doing all sorts of weird stuff. I can understand having sex with the rugby groupies, but getting in on a gangbang with a chick who doesn't want a gangbang is just a bit too wrong in the real world.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

Rugby Union :wutyousay:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I don't remember any teary eyed rape victims talking about rugby union.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I know lol... I like rugby union... I don't like rugby league lol

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
wow some fuc*** up teams in australia.. :bitenails: