• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Moving Toward Tobacco Prohibition

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?view=115

My objections to the bill are not an endorsement of tobacco. As a physician I understand the adverse health effects of this bad habit. And that is exactly how smoking should be treated -- as a bad habit and a personal choice. The way to combat poor choices is through education and information. Other than ensuring that tobacco companies do not engage in force or fraud to market their products, the federal government needs to stay out of the health habits of free people.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
then i would assume he has the same attitude towards ALL other drugs, i mean why would he treat cigarettes differently to other dangerous substances?

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im really glad I learned of Paul and his views on many different issues thanks to you guys....

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The fact that I like about Dr. Paul's stances are the philosophy of them. I used to think that certain things, including something like ephedrine, should be banned because it is unsafe.

Now, I think that if somebody wants to put something unsafe in their body, it's their business. The best way is to educate people and allow them to make their own decisions. It is wrong from a philosophical standpoint to tell someone what to do and try and protect them from themselves (especially, when you take into account the billions of dollars spent to enforce stupid laws, the amount of crime created and gangs funded, and so forth).

Freedom is popular.