• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Are PB & J sandwiches good for bodybuilding??

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fellas i have an addiction to this stuff and i've tried to clean it up the best i can..the ingredients i use are 100% whole wheat potato bread, JIF natural PB and Smucker's low sugar jelly. I usually have at least one a day around 11 and on weekends it might be my pre-workout meal.

My question to you is, do you think this stuff does more bad than good when it comes to bodybuilding and trying maintain and lose body fat?

Thanks,

051500016671-1.jpg

075185005010-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
as long as ure not dieting for a show or trying to get very lean i wouldnt worry much about it. i eat stuff like this every day when bulking, i just make sure i get in enough quality foods and protein as well. thing is as long as ure training hard and maybe doing some cardio as well ull be golden. just eat what u want(not to the extreme), and cut down when u need to.

i recently learned, that in some ways nutrition is overrated.

while in the army i dont have access to the foods i had before. before i would eat 6 meals a day and it would all be lean protein and complex carbs. now on the other hand, i eat 3-4 gigantic meals a day, and i eat EVERYTHING, i mean literally, tons of bread, juice, 1,5-2 liters of milk, youghurts, cheese, even carrot cake and waffles etc, and what ive found is that my gains have just come along, it hasnt stopped, im getting stronger and bigger while worrying less about eating right all the time, and eating every 2 hours and all that shit that was just a big pain in the ass to be honest.

now would i reccomend this if ure trying to get lean? hell no. but know this, as long as ure training hard and getting stronger, i dont think u need to worrry about eating a couple PB sandwiches. enjoy ur food, and make sure ur in a calorie surplus and ur body will do the rest as long as ur training is geared towards getting stronger:2:

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for response bulky, I started lifting about a 2 years ago now and Ive been dissecting my workout and diet and way of living ever since to try to perfect myself. I usually have 1 cheat meal a week but the more and more i read and research it seems like nutrition is a lot more important than the actual training only when it comes to cutting. As far as strength training and bulking i hear what you saying and i agree.

I'm just looking for a balance where i can maintain a low body fat percentage( seeing my abs :) ) and also gain muscle and strength.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm just looking for a balance where i can maintain a low body fat percentage( seeing my abs :) ) and also gain muscle and strength.

i hear ya bro, then just find out ur maintenance level calorie wise, and add 500 calories on top of that. eat healthy most of the time but dont fall in the trap of thinking that a couple of sandwiches is gonna ruin u. i was there awhile, i felt mentally depressed after just deviating alittle from my diet, i was all hung up in protein, carbs and what to and what not to eat. and what i found was that it wasnt good for me in the long run, it didnt make me happy at all. its fine to be consistent when on a diet to get lean, but i think when bulking up, specially as a natty, u have to let ur bf% go alittle higher.
most people i see who stay super- lean year round rarely makes improvements. now that is not a reason to gorge urself in all the shitty food u can find, dont get me wrong.

stick with a training program that focus on continous strenght gains, eat a shitload of food, make sure u get in a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight and do some cardio from time to time. i like biking uphill, walking in the mountains, and sometimes i do HIIT either on the mill or on a bike. focus on doing what makes u feel good about urself and what u like. and dont fall in the trap of letting the nutrition become one big obsessive thing that dominates ur daily life.(that is, as long as ure not dieting for a comp)

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i eat 1 before every workout..

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the motivation bulky...I can see where depression might set in..lots of arguments with the girlfriend about why i eat the same shit every day and co-workers thinking I'm weird because i choose not to go out everyday for lunch.