• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

mayweather jr. back in the ring

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mayweather is scheduled to fight juan marquez in september 16th and i think he can have a better chance at beating mayweather then hatton had.
will be intresting

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mayweather is a punk..why didnt he face pac man? and why the hell isnt he in fight night round 4

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just curious.... does anybody know what the revenues of boxing are compared to the UFC?? I know the De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao did massive buyrates, and De La Hoya vs. Mayweather did even better..... but, I can't see what's left in boxing?

I honestly can't tell you without googling who is the Heavyweight Champion in boxing is, this notion would have seemed nuts a few short years ago (Since Lennox Lewis). Maybe Tech or someone else who follows pro fighting more than the casual level will shed light on all od this.

P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This will be a great fight, Mayweather does run his mouth a lot but there is no doubting his fighting skills and boxing is in desperate need of his talent and charisma.

I do see Mayweather winning this fight, and I hope that if victory is obtained by Mayweather that he then takes on the Pac Man, that would be a HUGE fight, would so love to see that fight.

I honestly can't tell you without googling who is the Heavyweight Champion in boxing is, this notion would have seemed nuts a few short years ago (Since Lennox Lewis). Maybe Tech or someone else who follows pro fighting more than the casual level will shed light on all od this.

I'm not sure of the revenue details vs. MMA. But definitely understand what you are saying regarding knowing who is what in boxing especially in the heavyweight region. Boxing is f**king it self over with the ridiculous amount of belts out there, that plus the lack of talent in the heavier divisions is brining boxing down. I think true boxing fans are still following it cause there is still a lot of good fighter's in the light-middle weight divisions but I think a lot of people who are not true fans just want to see the big guys go at it, and with what I stated in lack of talent and way too many titles to follow people have just lost interest. I don't follow MMA or anything but I'm guessing a big reason why that has gotten big is that it would be a lot easier to follow with less titles for each weight division and therefore making it more accessable for casual fans. Seriously with each weight division in boxing there is four official titles that can be won, and with the amount of weight divisions there are.... its just too hard to follow...

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
16 divisions and 4 belts, it is hard to follow. The amount of money to buy a fight is kinda insane also. (except for Klitschko's last fight :techn9ne:)
-ps Klitschko is the heavyweight champ IS

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just curious.... does anybody know what the revenues of boxing are compared to the UFC?? I know the De La Hoya vs. Pacquiao did massive buyrates, and De La Hoya vs. Mayweather did even better..... but, I can't see what's left in boxing?

op 10 North American PPV buy rates, 2008
1. Boxing: Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao, Dec. 6, 1,250,000

2. UFC: Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Couture, Nov. 15, 1,010,000

3. Wrestling: WrestleMania, Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Paul “Big Show” Wight, March 30, 670,000

4. UFC: Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch/Lesnar vs. Heath Herring, Aug. 9, 625,000

5. UFC: Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, Feb. 2, 600,000

6. UFC: Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin, July 5, 540,000

7. UFC: St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra, April 19, 530,000

8. Boxing: Felix Trinidad vs. Roy Jones Jr., Jan. 19, 500,000

9. UFC: Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans, Sept. 6, 480,000

10. UFC: B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk/Tito Ortiz vs. Lyoto Machida, May 24, 475,000

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dm-ppvbuys121208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

With one event left on the calendar, the Dec. 27 UFC 92 event from Las Vegas, the company is estimated at selling 5,315,000 pay-per-view orders totaling $237.9 million, already handily beating their marks in the $220-225 million range of 2006 and 2007.

With 12 pay-per-view events in 2008, UFC has a good shot at breaking the all-time record for pay-per-view revenue set by any organization during a calendar year. The World Wrestling Federation, now known as World Wrestling Entertainment, did approximately $260 million on pay-per-view during its heyday fueled headliners by “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, in 2001. Boxing’s biggest year was 2007, with HBO estimating $255 million on eight shows, carried by the Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr., fight, which drew pay-per-view’s all-time record of 2.4 million buys.

HBO boxing, which finished its year on pay-per-view on Saturday with the De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao fight, is estimated at 3.57 million buys and $183.2 million in gross revenue on nine events. The Dec. 6 showdown was the single biggest pay-per-view event of the year, doing 1,250,000 buys and $70 million in total revenue, making it the third biggest non-heavyweight fight in history.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This will be a great fight, Mayweather does run his mouth a lot but there is no doubting his fighting skills and boxing is in desperate need of his talent and charisma.

I do see Mayweather winning this fight, and I hope that if victory is obtained by Mayweather that he then takes on the Pac Man, that would be a HUGE fight, would so love to see that fight.

I'm not sure of the revenue details vs. MMA. But definitely understand what you are saying regarding knowing who is what in boxing especially in the heavyweight region. Boxing is f**king it self over with the ridiculous amount of belts out there, that plus the lack of talent in the heavier divisions is brining boxing down. I think true boxing fans are still following it cause there is still a lot of good fighter's in the light-middle weight divisions but I think a lot of people who are not true fans just want to see the big guys go at it, and with what I stated in lack of talent and way too many titles to follow people have just lost interest. I don't follow MMA or anything but I'm guessing a big reason why that has gotten big is that it would be a lot easier to follow with less titles for each weight division and therefore making it more accessable for casual fans. Seriously with each weight division in boxing there is four official titles that can be won, and with the amount of weight divisions there are.... its just too hard to follow...

i think this fight is as huge as mayweather vs pac man would be i mean marquez beat pac man, he knocked him down 3 times and still lost the fight what is up with that. marquez lost the fight on a split decision. i think this figh will be really hard.