• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Talks of a 2nd Stimulus :|

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's not even fucking funny anymore.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-aide-lets-talk-second-stimulus-2009-7

It looks like someone didn't get the internal White House memo about how it was "premature" to start talking about a second stimulus*

Bloomberg: The U.S. should consider drafting a second stimulus package focusing on infrastructure projects because the $787 billion approved in February was “a bit too small,” said Laura Tyson, an adviser to President Barack Obama.

The current plan “will have a positive effect, but the real economy is a sicker patient,” Tyson said in a speech in Singapore today. The package will have a more pronounced impact in the third and fourth quarters, she added, stressing that she was speaking for herself and not the administration.

The comments come, of course, after Joe Biden's statement about having misread the extent of the recession -- a clear setup for a second jolt of stimulus.

*Incidentally, isn't it scandalous that it's too early to start talking about a second stimulus? That can't actually be true. Obama's aides would in dereliction of duty if they arbitrarily kept silent on this question.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
obamaurkelhussein-1.jpg

Natureboypkr

Natureboypkr

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^^^LMFAO

YEAAAAAA!!! Let's create more money out of thin air.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Poor bastard has the worst time to enter office, economically speaking.

Actually, it's not quite so bad for him as he can blame it all on Bush and fairy tales of 'deregulation'... things are gonna stay bad for a long time with all this wasteful spending, he's just making it worse.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I don't even care anymore.

It's funny how quickly frustration can turn to anger, then turn to complete indifference.

Would it really be such a bad thing for America to fail?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

you really think obama is that bad?

US troops have now left iraqi cities, and widthdrawal has started, wasnt that a key issue for u?

alot of money is saved just by widthdrawing troops. and personally i think investing in infrastructure is not a bad idea. engineers rank the US infrastructure extremely low, in regards to roads, drinking water, mass transit systems etc.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I say yes you can!

(just to test my new avi.:icon_ninja:)

oh.. Obama was the best thing that happen to America in a while..

just take the oportunity that he is giving and change.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
you really think obama is that bad?

US troops have now left iraqi cities, and widthdrawal has started, wasnt that a key issue for u?
shifting troops is hardly a withdrawal.

going from the living room to the kitchen doesn't mean you left the house.

all they did was leave the large cities. they are still conducting business as usual right outside the cities.

when Obama brings all the US troops home from around the world (specifically the middle east) then we can celebrate. until then, nothing will have changed.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh.. Obama was the best thing that happen to America in a while..

just take the oportunity that he is giving and change.

Is this for real?

going from the living room to the kitchen doesn't mean you left the house.

Great analogy.

i think investing in infrastructure is not a bad idea. engineers rank the US infrastructure extremely low, in regards to roads, drinking water, mass transit systems etc.

Well, Japan tried it, and the result was a disaster.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/06/world/asia/06japan.html?pagewanted=print

Jim Rogers makes commentary on this here.

I will make you a paleocon Bulkboy if it's the last thing I do :bullwhip:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ehhwg7-1.jpg

Seriously, it's just not doing anything for me anymore. Complete indifference.

DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have never been so disappointed in our government.... Or the Americans who think making Monopoly Money will save a real life problem.....

We are so fucked

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
McCain would have done the same thing.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
McCain would have done the same thing.

Every single one of them would have done the same thing... everyone but Ron. But we already know that a sane person in an insane asylum will be treated as the craziest motherfucker there.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Every single one of them would have done the same thing... everyone but Ron. But we already know that a sane person in an insane asylum will be treated as the craziest motherfucker there.

another awesome analogy :thumbsup2:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why would Tech shoot people if they removed prayer from schools?

PS, funny cartoon

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IS, the article u posted didnt completely dismiss infrastructure spending. it also stated that japan in many ways had spent the money wrong, by building unnnecessary roads and bridges in rural parts of the country. now, in the US today, roads and bridges are needed alot of places where traffic barely moves, alot of schools are crowded, and spending money in such fields stimulate commerce and the economy overall and it creates jobs. that jim rogers video, didnt really discuss that subject, it was really just more about the banking system which isnt really what this second stimulus package will focus on it it becomes reality.