• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

World's Strongest Bodybuilder Contest at Mr. Olympia Expo

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
JACKSON VS WHITE: DUEL IN THE DESERT

Johnnie Jackson and Ben White put their strength claims on the line on Olympia Weekend
July 14, 2009
by Dave Lee
FLEXONLINE

Don't look for Johnnie Jackson and Ben White to "friend" each other on Facebook anytime soon. Ever since White won the 2007 USA super heavyweight and overall titles to turn pro, he's been going after anybody and everybody, and Jackson - the 2007 Atlantic City Pro winner who is widely considered one of the strongest bodybuilders in the world - is at the top of his list. The topic? Who's the strongest.

At Olympia Weekend 2009, it will be time to put up or shut up as the two face off at Duel in the Desert: World's Strongest Bodybuilder Lift Off. The winner will walk away with the $10,000 first-place prize and bragging rights to the title of World's Strongest Bodybuilder.

"Guys always say how strong they are but very few can back it up," Jackson said. "I'm in that second category. I'll beat him - badly."

White, never at a loss for words, said, "People think Johnnie's the strongest because Johnnie says so. Prove it!"

The two-lift duel, comprised of the deadlift and bench press, will be "raw", [ no powerlifting suits or other assistance gear] with three attempts per lift. The highest combined total wins. To date, Jackson has an 815 pound deadlift and a 600-pound bench press - all in official powerlifting competitions. White has benched 711 pounds in a bench shirt and 645 pounds, raw, both in official competitions.

The Duel in the Desert debuts at the 2009 Olympia Expo, Saturday, September 26. The contest will be expanded next year to include any IFBB Pro League bodybuilder that has competed in at least one show in the same calendar year.

Stay tuned to flexonline.com for further details. In the meantime, here's more from Jackson and White's heated exchange.

From Jackson:
BOOTH BOY "We worked the Muscletech booth one year, but he didn't have the manhood to come up and say something. By the way, I was in the Olympia but he was just a booth boy."

NO WORRIES "I've competed against a lot better lifters than this guy. All I've got to say is, bring your best. Then you can see - along with everyone else - that I'm stronger."

IT'S PERSONAL "I take this totally serious. It's not a game. I take pride in my lifts and my rep is on the line."

From White:
NO CHALLENGE "Everything counts in bodybuilding and being the strongest is just another way to get recognized. Until he's been challenged, he isn't."

THE REAL 711 "I'm the best bencher in the IFBB. I've done 711 pounds. My deadlift ain't bad, either."

SECOND BEST "I've always pushed for this because the fans want to see it. I guess he didn't want to do it before because he'd have to change his title to Second Strongest Bodybuilder in the World."

Last edited by a moderator:
Zviko

Zviko

ben white's attitude gets on my nerves, I really hope jackson puts him to shame, and are they the only ones competing in this strongman ?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
read it and you will know

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
JOJ will smash White on deads lol!

quote from his website, http://www.theshowstopper.net/

Ben White said:
I'm not done with bench pressing. I have done 711 equipped and 605 raw. If Johnnie Jackson can compete in both sports, so can I. We talked about having some sort of strongest bodybuilder contest, but he wants to include squats and deadlifting. Both of those exercises are nasty for your lower back and very dangerous. When I go to power lifting meets, every other guy there had some sort of back or knee injury. I think just having a heavy bar on your neck over and over again can cause nerve damage. It can't be good for you.

^ chicken :rofl3: