• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

JACKSON VS WHITE: DUEL IN THE DESERT

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
314tuuc-1.png

Johnnie Jackson and Ben White put their strength claims on the line on Olympia Weekend

July 14, 2009

by Dave Lee

FLEXONLINE.COM

Don't look for Johnnie Jackson and Ben White to "friend" each other on Facebook anytime soon. Ever since White won the 2007 USA super heavyweight and overall titles to turn pro, he's been going after anybody and everybody, and Jackson - the 2007 Atlantic City Pro winner who is widely considered one of the strongest bodybuilders in the world - is at the top of his list. The topic? Who's the strongest.

At Olympia Weekend 2009, it will be time to put up or shut up as the two face off at Duel in the Desert: World's Strongest Bodybuilder Lift Off. The winner will walk away with the $10,000 first-place prize and bragging rights to the title of World's Strongest Bodybuilder.

"Guys always say how strong they are but very few can back it up," Jackson said. "I'm in that second category. I'll beat him - badly."

White, never at a loss for words, said, "People think Johnnie's the strongest because Johnnie says so. Prove it!"

The two-lift duel will be comprised of the deadlift and bench press, with each man getting three attempts per lift. The highest combined total wins. According to Jackson, his best deadlift is 815 pounds and his best bench press is 600-pounds. White claims a best bench press of 711 pounds, in a bench shirt and 645 pounds, raw.

The Duel in the Desert debuts at the 2009 Olympia Expo, Saturday, September 26. The contest will be expanded next year to include any IFBB Pro League bodybuilder that has competed in at least one show in the same calendar year.

Stay tuned to flexonline.com for further details. In the meantime, here's more from Jackson and White's heated exchange.

From Jackson:
BOOTH BOY "We worked the Muscletech booth one year, but he didn't have the manhood to come up and say something. By the way, I was in the Olympia but he was just a booth boy."

NO WORRIES "I've competed against a lot better lifters than this guy. All I've got to say is, bring your best. Then you can see - along with everyone else - that I'm stronger."

IT'S PERSONAL "I take this totally serious. It's not a game. I take pride in my lifts and my rep is on the line."

From White:
NO CHALLENGE "Everything counts in bodybuilding and being the strongest is just another way to get recognized. Until he's been challenged, he isn't."

THE REAL 711 "I'm the best bencher in the IFBB. I've done 711 pounds. My deadlift ain't bad, either."

SECOND BEST "I've always pushed for this because the fans want to see it. I guess he didn't want to do it before because he'd have to change his title to Second Strongest Bodybuilder in the World."

find us on facebook

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess Jackson won't compete at the Olympia if he does this duel...

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
they should invite Stan Efferding

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is awesome!!!! i hope more guys participate. though i think to be less injury prone and more along the lines of bodybuilding they should do something with like a 3 or 6 rep minimum rather than a powerlifting 1 rep.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think it's stupid to stress your body that way after a 14 weeks diet, bad mood and without fuel in your body.

Why don't they do that in another show at the beggining of the year (offseason mode)???

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stan efferding would destroy em both:D

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is awesome!!!! i hope more guys participate. though i think to be less injury prone and more along the lines of bodybuilding they should do something with like a 3 or 6 rep minimum rather than a powerlifting 1 rep.

I don't think an all out 1 rep is that more risky than an all out 3-6 rep, in fact, I think heavy ass weight for more reps is prolly more dangerous.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
hulk777

hulk777

if ronnie were in his prime game over for both of them ronnie handled 495 pound barbell rows for reps jonnie coudlnt handle 4 plates plus his form wasnt good