• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help with full body routine.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Things to consider:
-I'd be in a bulk
-I'd be sleeping very well.
-I'd be doing this routine 3-4 times per week.

Squats - 5x5
Lunges - 3x5

Weighted pull-ups - 5x5
Dumbbell rows - 3x5

Bench press - 5x5
Incline press - 3x5

I'd also like to throw in a bonus exercise like lateral raises to strengthen a weak point (my mid delts).

What do you guys think ? How would you handle the rep ranges ? Change some exercises ?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
id do 5x5 for the major compounds, like bench, squats and in ur case pullups, then id do 3x8-10 for the other movement, for more hypertrophy geared work. definetely include some lateral raises for delts, and also 1-2 sets each for bis and tris. id replace the lunges with either leg curls or stiff leg deadlifts.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
id do 5x5 for the major compounds, like bench, squats and in ur case pullups, then id do 3x8-10 for the other movement, for more hypertrophy geared work. definetely include some lateral raises for delts, and also 1-2 sets each for bis and tris. id replace the lunges with either leg curls or stiff leg deadlifts.

Thanks man !!

Talking about arms, I think I'll be adding an "arms" day into the week.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Things to consider:
-I'd be in a bulk
-I'd be sleeping very well.
-I'd be doing this routine 3-4 times per week.

Squats - 5x5
Lunges - 3x5

Weighted pull-ups - 5x5
Dumbbell rows - 3x5

Bench press - 5x5
Incline press - 3x5

I'd also like to throw in a bonus exercise like lateral raises to strengthen a weak point (my mid delts).

What do you guys think ? How would you handle the rep ranges ? Change some exercises ?

First of all try and have more than one routine. 3 days a week is 3 different programs, 4 days 4 different.

Cover it all but with bias by day. E.g. squats first one day, deads later in the week first.

Not many exercises per muscle group/movement pattern.

Either vary the rep schemes over the week or through the individual days. E.g. monday presses are 5x5, tuesday they are 8x3, but rows are the opposite etc or E.g. monday is all 5x5 tuesday is all 8x3......

Supersets are your friends. Do the little exercises (calves, grip, arms, etc) as a superset with a big exercise. Cuts down on training time, increases fitness and makes sure you don't miss the small things.

Limit the number of fullbody moves per session. E.g. don't try to deadlift and squat on the same day.

Hamstring work :thumbsup2:

Be realistic about the number of sets. Fullbody will be time consuming if you do more than a couple of work sets per exercise/movement pattern. You still need warmups for different movements and this eats into training time.

Light week every 4-6 weeks. Either back off the number of sets or the weight or both.

There's other stuff but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.:gaysign:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I agree with losing the lunges. Replace with a deadlift variation or good-mornings, and possibly do leg curls or GHRs as well. 5x5 would work great on all the major movements then maybe 4x7-10 on the secondaries.