• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fedor Press Conference Play-By-Play

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jerry Millen – Thank everyone for coming out on short notice. We’d rather be fighting but we’re here instead at this press conference.
He’s introducing everyone on the panel…

Vadim is up next
Vadim - not only the UFC but all companies. (it's hard to understand the translator)

Makes EA Sports Video Game announcement... says Fedor is heading the game.
Fedor - I'm very happy to be in the video game. Thank you for coming, we'll be happy to answer all your questions.

Asked about the future - " We are working on the options. We'll see... "

"We're exploring all options... we are not prepared to disclose anything today"

Fedor - "I have talked to Dana White on the phone yesterday"

"Our offer is simple... we have a champion, they have a champion, we offer to have a co-promotion. And we're ready to invest together and get the profit together"

"We do have a lot of negotiations and yes Strikeforce is one of them..”

Vadim - "Fedor is the face of M-1 Global..." - M-1 stresses it has promoted MMA all over the world. should fight in UFC under the M-1 banner

M-1 stresses that to do a deal with UFC, they want co-promotion. They think it's important for MMA to have competition, not UFC dominance.

M-1 Global says it plans to increase the number of MMA shows it promotes.

“We do want to work with the UFC, but we don’t want to wait, we want to move forward”
“We will only work on co-promotion deals”
Vadim – "Fedor and I are partners and we share the same interests. Money isn’t everything…. We want to develop MMA. The UFC won’t be able to control the whole world."

Fedor - "I completely trust Vadim and I'm very happy we work together"

Gegard Mousasi is talking now... happy about the strikeforce fight.

Jerry says Fedor will be fighting very soon.... stay tuned.
4:54pm Call over.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Co-Promotion is not going to happen.

M-1, please go die in a fire.

M-1 is trying to use the UFC to promote their shitty company. M-1 is going to fail.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
M-1 is ruining Fedor's legacy and reputation...

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Apparently this was/is the offer on the table from the UFC...looks pretty decent to me

So we all know the deal with M-1 and what they are saying about co-promotion. I'm not here to say who's right and wrong in this deal, but I can tell you some of the specifics that were offered to Fedor.....

- The UFC offered Fedor a 6 fight, 30 million dollar contract. That's 5 mil a fight

- The UFC offered Fedor an immediate title shot

- Lesnar/Fedor would be the biggest PPV in MMA history (we assume), and the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV on top of Fedor's purse.

- Fedor was free to wear as many M-1 logoed items as he wished.

- The UFC also relented on allowing Fedor to compete in combat sambo.

Apparently, for good or bad, M-1 refuses to sign a deal unless the UFC agrees to co-promote.

I can tell you right now, the boys at ZUFFA will never, EVER agree to that. So if M-1 doesnt relent on that item alone, the Fedor to UFC talks are dead. Look for Team Emelianenko to turn to Strikeforce next. With co-promotions already in the books with Affliction, that shouldnt be a stopping point.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks like a solid contract to me

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What is Fedor's contract with M-1?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think fedor probably has some ownership in M-1 that would make sense...there really pushing the co-promote thing.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
If Fedor can't accept those terms, then forget him. Let him bounce around in different organizations like he's been doing.

Let him go fight 8 foot tall freakshows in DREAM.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Guess the numbers on that offer were exaggerated...

“The actual guarantee offered Fedor was less than $2 million. The other money would only come into play if the PPV’s did extremely well,” Snowden said. “Fedor was not offered a $5 million guarantee. It is also important for the entire Russian crew to have a chance to help grow the sport there. Although Fedor can make more money now in the UFC than he likely can elsewhere, it wouldn’t allow an opportunity to expand Russian MMA.”

-Offer was only for three fights, not six as originally reported.

-The guarantee per fight was *less* than Fedor’s contract with Affliction.

More info....

M-1 Global is denying a report that Fedor Emelianenko turned down a six-fight $30-million deal this week to join the UFC’s heavyweight ranks.

CBS Radio host Carmichael Dave reported Wednesday that Emelianenko had turned down an agreement that would have paid him $5 million per fight. However, Joost Raimond, CEO for M-1 Global, called the report “completely ludicrous” and said negotiations never even reached the point where the number of fights contracted for Emelianenko was decided.

“I can say that the guaranteed -- and the word ‘guaranteed’ is of great importance here -- the guaranteed offer made by the UFC is less than what Fedor made before,” Raimond said. “The five-million (per fight) is way, way, way out of range. Half of that is even way out of range of what they offered.”

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And rumor has it Strikeforce is offering him and M-1 more of what there looking for as far as non exclusive contract with co-promotion benefits

"Strikeforce has offered Fedor Emelianenko and M-1 would be for $1 million per fight: $500k from Strikeforce and $500k from CBS for 6 fights. Any fight would be co-promoted with M-1 and the contract would be non-exclusive."

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Good luck Strikeforce. Hope you don't fall victim to the Fedor curse.

Rings - Dead
Pride - Dead
BoDog - Dead
Affliction - Dead
Strikeforce - ???

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This video sheds some light on the subject...Fedor is under contract with M-1 for 3 more fights so a lot of this shit makes sense now, hes pretty much at there mercy for 3 more fights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thus the co-promo shit...he doesn't get paid by the bodog's, Afflictions etc he gets paid from M-1 Global as a fighter. And still has 3 fights left on that contract so for him to fight in the UFC M-1 has to be involved.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Funny thing is Fedor has ownership in M-1...but stated he would look at other offers as a fighter when his contract is up.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
White on Fedor: ‘We tried everything’

:deadhorse:
Friday, July 31, 2009
by Joe Hall (joeh@sherdog.com)

On the morning of negotiations with M-1 Global and Fedor Emelianenko, Dana White didn’t just wake with a good feeling. The UFC president says he knew he was going to sign the top-ranked heavyweight in the world.

“This is going to happen,” White said he told UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta. “It’s going to happen today. We’re going to make this thing happen.”

Days later, however, Emelianenko is back in Russia and still outside the UFC. White was adamant during a media conference call Friday that the fault belongs to M-1 Global.

“I was f---ing miserable, miserable … because we couldn’t make this deal,” White said. “I was so confident we were going to get this done because we were willing to do it. We were willing to make a deal at almost any cost.”

The “almost” involves co-promoting. White said he won’t do a deal that includes co-promotion, and M-1 Global President Vadim Finkelstein has said he won’t do one that excludes it.

“We built this business, this entire freaking industry,” White said. “How are they going to come in and help us co-promote? It’s basically them coming and saying, ‘We’ve got this guy and some people say he might be the best heavyweight in the world. So for that, we want half your business.’ Yeah, OK. That sh-t probably works in Russia. Not here.”

White added that the Fertittas’ gaming license would hinder co-promoting with M-1.

“People from other countries just don’t walk in and jump in business with the Fertitta brothers,” he said. “There has to be full background checks and all kinds of crazy sh-t. It doesn’t work that way. It’s impossible; it will never happen.”

Other than co-promotion, White said he had relented on previous sticking points such as allowing Emelianenko to compete in sambo tournaments. He characterized himself as “the nicest Dana ever” during negotiations and described his offer to Emelianenko as “amazing.” No figures were discussed, but White guaranteed the Russian would not be offered a better deal.

“He got offered a f---ing assload of money,” White said. “A ton of money, everything he wanted. He can go fight in sambo every f---ing Thursday night if he wants to. He can do everything he wanted to. We showed them nothing but respect.”

White sounded equal parts angry and exasperated Friday. He had said he didn’t want to discuss Emelianenko but then did numerous times over the hour-long call.

“It’s insanity to turn down a deal like this,” White said. “To turn down a deal like this, you don’t care about proving you’re the best in the world. You don’t want to fight the best in the world. You don’t care about money. How do you deal with something like that?”

Several times White reiterated that the door to a deal was still open, then he kind of closed it by saying he was over the deal and didn’t want to discuss Emelianenko anymore, then he opened it again by saying M-1 could call him right then and they could reach an agreement if they’d budge on co-promoting.

By the call’s end White was back to questioning Emelianenko’s status as the best in the world and wondering why the media cares so much about a heavyweight who will not challenge himself in the sport’s top promotion.

In that way, the UFC wagons have circled. Might as well. M-1’s are going round and round, too, and against everything Dana White was certain of when he woke one morning this week, Fedor Emelianenko is still not in the UFC.