• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Schumacher makes shock F1 return

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Michael Schumacher will make a shock return to Formula 1 to replace injured Ferrari driver Felipe Massa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8172310.stm

_46130010_schumi_big_picafp-1.jpg

The seven-time world champion retired at the end of 2006 but will drive at the European Grand Prix on 23 August.

Ferrari said the 40-year-old will stand in for as long as Massa is sidelined by the serious head injuries he sustained in the Hungarian Grand Prix last week.

"For team loyalty reasons I can't ignore this unfortunate situation," said the former Ferrari driver.

His spokesman Sabine Kehm had told the BBC on Tuesday that although Schumacher - who was working as an advisor for Ferrari - was not willing to make a full-time return to F1, he would not rule out standing in for Massa.

And the German racing legend has now decided to come out of retirement and make a sensational return to the sport.

"It is true that the Formula 1 chapter has long been closed for me," said Schumacher, who won five world titles for Ferrari.

"The most important thing first: thank God, all news concerning Felipe is positive, and I wish him all the best again.

"This afternoon I met with team principal Stefano Domenicali and Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe.

"As the competitor I am, I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."

Schumacher has not driven an F1 car since April 2008 and competed in the last of his 249 grands prix in October 2006.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I've heard about it last night, and damn! can't wait to see Schumi back again, i know Ferrari isn't as good as other cars esp this year, but i hope he will do some great races.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ferrari is the third or fouth car of the grid, but damm, SChumi's back!!!

I've been following F1 since 1992, I have seen Senna, Piquet, Mansell, Prost... but Schumacher is the one and only...

FORZA FERRARI!!!

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great news to see the big man back on the track.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no more comeback, still lingering injury from a motorcycle accident