• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Daily log of things that annoy you IN THE GYM

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hello boys and girls

After what i saw today....i needed to make this thread to tell you guys of the kind of people who train at my gym...im sure u guys will have stories to keep this active, im sure i will

Today's winner...

As i was waiting for my partner to arrive, i was doing some warmup sets with the bar and 40kg in the inlcine press. I see this guy strugglin with the 40's on the flat dumbell press and on top of that, he is bouncing the dumbells of his chest like he is trying to break his ribcage! After the 40's, i see the guy staring into the gym and at me. He didnt do one set more..After my partner arrived, we started doing some sets and right after doing my 80kgx6 set, the guy approached me and told me this: It's been 1 month since i last trained, you think you can spot me? Obviously, the guy was looking for someone "strong enough"to spot him. I thought to myself, whatever, ill just help this guy and continue with my session. Funny enough, after struggling with the 40's for 5-6 bouncing reps for flat dumbell press, he goes and gets the 44's. I knew right there and then that i will have a good arm workout. The guy got the dumbells, layed down on the bench and tried to get them into the lock position to no avail, i jumped in and helped the guy and from there he started bouncing them off his chest like a mad man. The only muscles that did any kind of effort were his triceps because thanks to the bounce, the dumbell got 3/4th of the way up and the guy just needed to lockout. After 4 of these reps, the guy got stuck, so i got in and helped him finish the rep. After acknowledging that i was "strong enough"to spot him, he once again let the dumbells fall on his chest for a crushing rep, after 3 of these hard ( for me) reps, he went for the last great effort. He got maybe a 1/3 up after the bounce, and i tried to help him lock it , nut he simply was letting me do all the work.So i just backed off a bit and let the guy put the dumbells on his chest. And guess what happened next! He tried again!! This time i just pushed the dumbells all the way up and finally, the set was finished....and after all of this the guy tells me....easy SET!!

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

You guys have any stories?

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^nice dumbell press bro :iorofl:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had a similar experience, except I cramped in my hammys while I was kneeling down to spot.

Ridiculous part comes when they want to do another set with even heavier weight. Why can't they just learn to lift it?!

I actually stopped using spotters as a result of people like this. Just so that I know that I'm lifting everything and doing all the reps. If I'm in a gym I ask for a lift-off but nothing else.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Tim's main gripe is being attacked by scorpions.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I too have experienced similar. It was quite a while ago in my old gym back in Indiana. This guy asked me for a spot on the Flat Bench Press. I hadn't seen any previous sets he'd done with it so I didn't think anything ridiculous would occur. I give him a lift off, he DROPS the bar on his chest and I proceed to lift the bar for him for 6 of these brilliant reps.

ugh.

cereal

cereal

You see that kinda "training" alot here...ego training seems to be world wide thing.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Superman spotters. What part of "I'm going for my max. Don't touch the bar unless I dump it on my chest" do they not understand?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Superman spotters. What part of "I'm going for my max. Don't touch the bar unless I dump it on my chest" do they not understand?

:omgwtf: The other end of the spectrum.

I guess they are conditioned to have to lift the bar regardless or your abilities. :bitenails: The unwanted spot is always annoying as just touching the bar probably takes 15-20kg off the lift.

I'm reminded of one time when I was at a university gym and a guy was working in with me on the bench. He had dancing feet and one arm lockout then watch his other arm lockout syndrome. Anyway he wanted "the spot" and he when spotting me he just wouldn't leave me to lift on my own. He asked if I had any advice so I showed him how to spot and got him to setup properly for benching. Amazing the difference in 2mins. I just wonder if he fell back into old habits or has the solid setup and spot technique?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
yeah.. I know..

and when people in the DB press try to assist you by grabbing your wrists?? :omgwtf::omgwtf:

Fuck I almost hit a guy for doing that, he grabbed my wrists and pushed up and forward.. result I lost balance and the DB's dropped in my quads.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
P

Pioneer

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah.. I know..

and when people in the DB press try to assist you by grabbing your wrists?? :omgwtf::omgwtf:

Fuck I almost hit a guy for doing that, he grabbed my wrists and pushed up and forward.. result I lost balance and the DB's dropped in my quads.

:rofl3: Oh man, LOL I wouldn't blame you. Fuck that would feel so weird being assisted at the wrists.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
people who are going to do 8 sets on a fucking machine
people who hog the dumbells

co05

co05

There's this asshole trainer at my gym who has it out for me and a friend. He likes to set up in the rack next to us and "show us up" on whatever lift we might happen to be doing. Well, one day he spots me squatting and decides to slap 295 onto the bar next to me and hammer out eight, tough, grueling quarter squats. Then I hear him a minute later rationalizing to one of his clueless drones about how he likes to do quarter squat to warm up.
He was eyeing me out in the mirror, too.

Again, on another squat day he guides one of his clients, a petite 100lb woman, on the rack next to me. I'd happen to be front squatting, and of course he has her do the same. He puts 135 on the bar and has the woman, rickety knees and all, do something that resembled eighth reps.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There's this asshole trainer at my gym who has it out for me and a friend. He likes to set up in the rack next to us and "show us up" on whatever lift we might happen to be doing. Well, one day he spots me squatting and decides to slap 295 onto the bar next to me and hammer out eight, tough, grueling quarter squats. Then I hear him a minute later rationalizing to one of his clueless drones about how he likes to do quarter squat to warm up.
He was eyeing me out in the mirror, too.

Again, on another squat day he guides one of his clients, a petite 100lb woman, on the rack next to me. I'd happen to be front squatting, and of course he has her do the same. He puts 135 on the bar and has the woman, rickety knees and all, do something that resembled eighth reps.

Do some C&J's or Snatches or some overhead squats. :thumbsup2:

Or any single leg exercises like Bulgarian squats or SL-RDL's.

That'll fuck him :borat:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Do some C&J's or Snatches or some overhead squats. :thumbsup2:

Or any single leg exercises like Bulgarian squats or SL-RDL's.

That'll fuck him :borat:

Just deadlift, you can't cheat or do partial ROMs with deadlifts.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just deadlift, you can't cheat or do partial ROMs with deadlifts.

Yeh that was idea with my list. Some things you just can't fake.

But you can pull out the wraps, straps, belt and horrible form. :bitenails:

co05

co05

Don't be hating on the belt.

Hate all you want on the straps and bad form, though.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hate crowded gyms
Hate it when the dbs are all over the floor, (on the floor near the rack is fine by me, but out in the open ? no)
people who try to slam the stacks on the machines, you know let go of the handle to hear the stack fall? thats how most machines break.
hoggers, or those that have a spotter, friend etc. who talk alot before,after, and even during sets, so annoying.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice stories everyone, today I train, so expect a new story :borat: