• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

carbing up..

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Again, rather than shooting out some PM's, I think it would be better to post this in the forum. I have decided to deplete sunday, monday, and tuesday followed by a gradual carb up on wednesday, thursday, and friday this year as opposed to the two day carb up I have been doing. I have always used potatoes, sweet potatoes, and yams to carb up and nothing else. I use these because they seem to not bloat me and they are very good sources of potassium. My question comes in two parts:

1. What are other good foods that people recommend for carbing up?
2. With sodium dropping on carb up days, could it be bad having my potassium levels greater than sodium levels?

Here is my initial plan:

Wednesday- A total of about 300 grams of carbs coming from a single potato at every meal.

Thursday- A total of about 400 grams of carbs by throwing in a half an extra potato with some meals.

Friday- 450-475 grams of carbs by throwing in 2 potatoes with most meals.

Thanks for the input.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Creator i think you absoultley on the right track here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing foods to carb up with. Can i assume that you have been low carbing it and training pretty hard for the last few weeks before the show?

Assuming that you have been on low carbohydrates i just want to bring up glycogen super compensation. If your body has not had carbohydrates for a while when it needs them it is in a somewhat "starved" stated for the normal energy that it wants. As a result once you start carbohydrate feeding your body will super compensate for 72 hours which means it will cram glucose into your muscles and store up too 3 times more glycogen than it would normally. This process goes on for three days.

With the fact in mind that your peak of glycogen storage will come 3 days after you start carbohydrate feeding again ;lets look at the nature of glycogen and water a little bit and i will only say what i think will be useful to you.

Glycogen is animal starch. Starch is composed of glucose polymers. When starch is heated (ie in your body tissues) it will at first swell slightly and hold onto water then starch will swell up to hundreds of times it normal size with water. Starch is also a lyophilic colloid which means it is solvent loving and in our body water is the solvent therefore starch in our body will bind to our bodies solvent ie water.

Summary:
1. If you have been starved of carbohydrates your body is going to super compensate for 72 hours in this case in all muscles. Your peak glycogen (animal starch) storage will occur 72 hours after after you start carbohydrate feeding.

2. Starch will bind to water at first gradually but as more time passes starch will swell up to hundreds of times its initial size.

So my advice is to start the carbohydrate load with high dosages of carbohydrates 1.5g of carbohydrate per kg of lean bodyweight on day one. .75g of carbohydrates per kg of lean bodyweight day two, and on day 3 i would go .35g carbohydrates per kg of lean body weight. i would manipulate my water intake as my physique looked keeping in mind that starch acts to hold more water the longer water is present with the starch. So taper off the water as you get closer to the contest so you have less free water in your body to react with the starch.

ON potassium I would not go crazy with it. Na moves 'stuff' to the outside of the cell, and K moves 'stuff' to the inside of the cell. This works in a ratio you need 3 sodium ions and ATP to move 2 potassium ions. With that in mind your body is going to work the way it does. If it were me i would not go crazy with the potassium and sodium loading, it seems drastically less important to the way you will look in comparison to the other factors that will allow your muscle definition to be seen (ie fat levels, and glycogen levels and water)

I hope all goes well with your show brother, looking forward to hearing how you do. Good luck!

God Bless
Ben

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Awesome Ben thanks so much. Yes you are correct that my carbs have been gradually getting lower. However, my low is not low to some people. I am 200-250 grams right now and that is very very low for me.
I was always under the impression that I should increase carbs day by day during the carb up. Would your suggestion be to start high and gradually lower? Maybe add in some fats on friday and saturday?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Awesome Ben thanks so much. Yes you are correct that my carbs have been gradually getting lower. However, my low is not low to some people. I am 200-250 grams right now and that is very very low for me.
I was always under the impression that I should increase carbs day by day during the carb up. Would your suggestion be to start high and gradually lower? Maybe add in some fats on friday and saturday?

You hit the nail on the head brother. Start high and and finish lower. Start the water high and finish it lower and when u add fats make sure they are all poly and mono unsaturated, they are more highly reactive/usable fats.

Muscle glycogen super compensation will hit its peak at 72 hours after a carbohydrate 'starving' has been broken the super compenstation usually only occurs where muscle glycogen is depleted.

If this were my contest this is how i would play out my last 3 day prior to the show. The show would be day 4.

All training should be light weights and just squeezing the muscle this close to a show.

Day 1
-train my strong bodyparts.
-Eat the 1.5g of carbohydrates per kg of lean mass
-I dont know your protein consumption i assume you have that taken care of your intelligent and have competed before you know where you need to be at.
-Glycogen super compensation has began.
-Water intake is at its peak

Day 2
-Begin taking amino acids every 3 hours all the way up until the show. The idea is to increase muscle protein synthesis. Even if it is slightly increased muscle protein synthesis your muscle texture will be harder.
-train my weak body parts
-Continue with the carbohydrates as scheduled. .75g carbohydrates per KG of lean body mass.
-continue with your diet as planned as far as protein is concerned
-Glycogen super compensation is still raising
-water intake is at half

Day 3
- COntinue with the amino acids every 3 hours
-I would be taking my protein in as scheduled with some poly and mono unsaturated fats.
-no training
-continue with the carbohydrate feedings as scheduled. Look at your body at this point if you feel you could go with .75g of carbohydrates again and not effect your definition then go for it if you are unsure play the safe route and go with .35g carbohydrates per kg of lean body mass. (i bolded this because i made a change basd off of the information you gave me on how you respond to carbohydrates ,Ie: you can eat more than normal.)This will be your decision based off of how you know you react to carbohydrates.
-Continue with the protein as scheduled
-water intake is restricted, drink as needed. It would be dumb to ignore the need for water and possibly have issues with your health and fainting drink what you need brother do not ignore the need to hydrate drink if you are thirsty.
Glycogen super compensation has reached its peak.

Before bed drink 8 oz of red wine.

Day 4
day of the show drink water as needed and i would take amino acids up until show time.
Some extra thoughts:
Look in the mirror and analyze what is going on with your body day by day the last 3 days prior to the show but keep in mind how this is suppose to play out. By day 3 upon waking you should be looking good as far as fluid balance is concerned. Follow the plan. On day 4 Wake up 6 hours prior to show time if you look good, mabye have a drink of water and go back to bed and wake up 3 hours prior to the show and stay up.

If you do not like the way you look make a nutrition intervention keeping in mind it wll take 2 hours to notice a change in your physique. If you are flat eat 2 baked potatoes and drink some water go back to bed. wake up 3 hours prior to the show and look again. If you look better i would leave it alone. but at this point if you are flat all u can do is try to take some more starch keeping in mind it will have some what of a delayed response as far as playing out in the way your physique looks. Give it 2 hours to take effect. Keep taking the amino acids every 3 hours bro regardless of what you look like.

I would be really surprised if you woke up and were flat. With everything in place you should wake up and look great.

Go over our posing routine in your head slowly making sure you take the time to squeeze every pose to get a peak contraction. Keep in mind that squeezing your muscles and posing will tighten your physique up, If you are not as sharp as you want flex the muscles some, but if you are already tight and look like you want to look this could flatten you up. The reason being that muscle contraction uses glucose if you arent eating then the glucose we be hydrolyzed from your store of muscle glycogen. Glycogen is holding onto the free water in your body. If you like the way you look, and you should look very tight and full bc of the nutrition manipulation then just leave it alone and let it stay looking good.

The red wine is actually a seriously nice idea. The alcohol is a diuretic and it thins your blood. Dry look and vascularity.

Using this plan i would expect you to wake up the day of the show dry, vascular, ripped up( bc of the hard work dieting and training you did) your muscle texture should be hard and full because of nutrition intervention.

Again i wish you the best of luck creator.

God Bless
Ben

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Wow man awesome info thanks again. So what do you think about depletion workouts? I was planning on doing depletion workouts on sunday (legs) Monday (pull) and tuesday (push), then allowing carbs to go to work on thursday and friday with no work and then doing an upper body circuit on friday to "shuttle water into the cells". What would be your take on this?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok your giving me more information about what you want to do so i can better answer your thread now.

Your plan is to deplete Sunday Monday and Tuesday then begin carbohydrate loading on Wednesday. Then train again on Friday. I think that you can better arrange your training and nutrition to make a more impressive peak for the condition and physique you are able to display.

Before i respond can you tell me the volume, training intensity, and duration of the depletion workouts?

EDIT: fuck it I'm committed to the thread now, lets do this all the way.

what is:

1. Your weight?
2. your body fat at the moment, or how much of your weight is lean tissue?
3. How many calories are you eating a day?
4. How many G of protein are you eating a day?
5. How many G of fat are you eating a day?
6. how many G of carbohydrates are you eating a day?
7.Give me your diet from the beginning up until now.
8.How you have responded from going to higher carbohydrate feedings after having been on a low carbohydrate feeding? Im referring to the way your bdoy looked definition wise.
9. What were the G of carbohydrates for low carbohydrate feeding days?
10. What were the G of carbohydrates for high carbohydrate feeding days?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am at 196 currently.
Skinfolds are: 3.5, 4.5, and 7.5 Jackson Pollock= 3.5 for 3 pinch and 4.7 for 7 pinch. Average lean tissue around 187.
I'm at about 2400 calories a day
250 g of protein
60 g of fat
175-200 g of carbs
Started at about 4500 calories with carbs around 400-450 grams a day and fat around 100 grams a day. I have steadily dropped 200 calories every other week.
If I do high carbs for a day, I fill up easily and become very vascular. Especially if I add in sodium.
I didnt have refeed days until recent. Then it was 250 for low days and 350 for high days.

Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is really helpful i´ll deff refer to this thread when i will do my carb up

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok here is what i would do creator. It is a combination of what you want to do and some ideas of my own.

Plan:
Sunday Monday and Tuesday

Goal for these days is to deplete muscle glycogen and to keep the muscles themselves under trained, but to get a nice pump. I don't want you to go crazy with the weight training to deplete muscle glycogen and break down your muscle to much, we just want to stimulate your muscle. Let the lack of glucose in your diet be the be the main factor for your body having to use the glycogen stores. This way we can train the muscle and keep it tight, and not have the caloric need for serious repair because your not going to fulfill a need for serious muscle repair this close to a show the calories just aren' t there. The goal for training should be that you know you have trained well your muscles are tight, you walked right up to that over trained line but you did not cross over into being over trained.

Training plan on Sunday Monday and Tuesday
- DO the split that you want to do these days.
-I suggest you go by feel. Keep it under trained.
-Squeeze every single rep and feel both the contraction and the stretch on every rep.
- by doing the above you will get a more complete contraction and a better pump. You will need less volume to get more work done.
-This should be more than enough to deplete glycogen with the diet you will be on.

Diet for Sunday Monday Tuesday will be 7 meals
2100 total calories
Goal for the diet is to deplete muscle glycogen and keep a positive(high) nitrogen balance.

Total calories for Sunday Monday and Tuesday= 2010
70% protein 1400 calories 350g of protein
22% fat 450 calories 50g of fat
8% Carbohydrates 160 calories 40g of carbohydrates

Meal1
50 g protein
10 g fat
0 carbohydrates

Meal2
50g protein
10g fat
0 carbohydrtaes

Meal 3
50 g protein
10 g fat
0 g carbohydrates

Train

Meal 4
50 g protein
10 g fat
10 g carbohydrates

meal 5
50 g protein
10 g fat
10 g carbohydrates

meal 6
50 g protein
0g fat
10 g carbohydrates

meal 7
50 g protein
0 g fat
10 g carbohydrates

Wednesday Thursday and Friday you will be officially 3 days out form your show. Each day will have an individual goal and an individual plan to achieve that goal.

Wed Thur Fri over all goal is to load glycogen into the muscles and make sure your muscles are contest ready your physique is in top appearance for Saturday the day of your show. I am changing my math on your carbohydrates to better match the way you said you know you respond when you went from a somewhat starved period back into eating some carbohydrates.

Wednesday - we break the carbohydrate 'starving' period-Muscle Glycogen super compensation has began.
Total Calories = 2500 5 meals
40% protein 1000 calories 250 g protein
40% Carbohydrates 1000 calories 250 g carbohydrates
20% fats 500 calories 55 g fat
(poly and mono unsaturated fats only) they have a higher reactivity and a greater chance of being used and not stored as fat.
Water is not restricted yet-2 gallons
meal 1
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11 g fats

Train- Go train your strong body parts today. Go by feel do one exercise per body part feeling every contraction and every stretch. Go right up to that over training line but do not cross over into being over trained.

Meal 2
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11 g fats

Meal 3
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11 g fats

Meal 4
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11 g fats

Meal 5
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11 g fats

Thursday-muscle glycogen super compensation will still be raising.
Total Calories = 2500 5 meals
(poly and mono unsaturated fats only) they have a higher reactivity and a greater chance of being used and not stored as fat.
Water is cut to 1 - 1.5 gallons drink more as you need it if you need to exceed the 1.5 gallon mark. We are trying to walk the fine line of limiting the free water in you body to the point of it not effecting your muscle tone and at the same time drinking enough so you do not dehydrate.

One hour before each meal you need to be taking A dose of amino acids a full blend.

meal 1
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11 g fats

Train- Go train your weak body parts today. Go by feel do one exercise per body part feeling every contraction and every stretch. Go right up to that over training line but do not cross over into being over trained. The benefit of training the weak body parts closer to the show is that they will have a higher rate of protein synthesis for close to 48 hours. They will look harder and since you did not over train them have plenty of time to fill up nicely.

Meal 2
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11 g fats

Meal 3
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11 g fats

Meal 4
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11 g fats

Meal 5
50 g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11 g fats

Friday- Recovery day for your muscles. We want to allow your muscles to fully heal, we want to provide the nutrition to support the final and peak day of muscle glycogen super compensation. The goal of this day is to balance the other two days prior to it. Also to arrange nutrition so you will hit a peak the following day, which is the day of your show.

- NO TRAINING- let your body heal.

Total Calories = 2500 calories 5 meals
Water is restricted to .5-1 gallons. If you need more drink it as you need it once you have exceeded one gallon.

Take a dose of amino acids 1 hour prior to every meal.

Meal 1
50g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11g fat

meal 2
50g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11g fat

Meal 3
50g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11g fat

Meals 4
50g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11g fat

Meal 5
50g protein
50 g carbohydrates
11g fat

Drink 8 fl oz of red wine before you head off for bed.

I understand if you dont want to follow this because it is a change and one so close to your show might be unwelcome. In reality I would love to see you do this because I feel you will look great if you do. Your body fat is low you already did the hard work, cruise into your show and peak out perfectly. I feel with the information you gave me that this is a very intelligent plan of action to have you reach a peak, physique wise.

Give me your feed back please I would like to know what you think of it.

Again what ever you choose to do I wish you the best of luck.

God Bless
Ben

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I value your advice and understand the reasoning behind it. I believe failure is due to close-mindedness. I have never fully "peaked" for a show imo and I believe this is a very wise plan. It is very similar to what Layne Norton recommends, who's advice I also value greatly. I will go with this because as you said, I have done the hard work and I am POSITIVE that this cant hurt me at all so that means that I think there is a great chance it will allow me to finally peak well. I have always looked good on stage but always lacked fullness and vascularity. That being said, my one concern would be the carbs at 250 a day. I am going to roll with it and come friday night, if I think I am looking a little flat, I may finish off friday closer to 300g carbs or just do a little extra the morning of. I think this is a great plan. I will throw in a half-dose of a natural diuretic starting wednesday as well and run it through the show. I am thinking of doing a few meals before pre-judging, one consisting of baked potato, 5 oz steak and a nice shot of salt and oil on my potato. This would be about 4 hours before stage time. What do you think about this? I will also do the rice cakes with peanut butter and jelly about 1 hour before (about 2-3) and then a couple reeses cups about 20 minutes before stage time. Sound good? Thanks again for the time and effort into helping me out!

Edit: I will give my best effort to hit 40 grams of carbs for my depletion days but I had a little attack of hypoglycemia last year and it is very difficult for me to train my clients when i feel my blood sugar so low. Luckily I only have to work monday for a few hours but I may end up closer to 60-70 for that day.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I value your advice and understand the reasoning behind it. I believe failure is due to close-mindedness. I have never fully "peaked" for a show imo and I believe this is a very wise plan. It is very similar to what Layne Norton recommends, who's advice I also value greatly. I will go with this because as you said, I have done the hard work and I am POSITIVE that this cant hurt me at all so that means that I think there is a great chance it will allow me to finally peak well. I have always looked good on stage but always lacked fullness and vascularity. That being said, my one concern would be the carbs at 250 a day. I am going to roll with it and come friday night, if I think I am looking a little flat, I may finish off friday closer to 300g carbs or just do a little extra the morning of. I think this is a great plan. I will throw in a half-dose of a natural diuretic starting wednesday as well and run it through the show. I am thinking of doing a few meals before pre-judging, one consisting of baked potato, 5 oz steak and a nice shot of salt and oil on my potato. This would be about 4 hours before stage time. What do you think about this? I will also do the rice cakes with peanut butter and jelly about 1 hour before (about 2-3) and then a couple reeses cups about 20 minutes before stage time. Sound good? Thanks again for the time and effort into helping me out!

Edit: I will give my best effort to hit 40 grams of carbs for my depletion days but I had a little attack of hypoglycemia last year and it is very difficult for me to train my clients when i feel my blood sugar so low. Luckily I only have to work monday for a few hours but I may end up closer to 60-70 for that day.

Great! I really like what you did. you read my post and you made my advice appropriate for you. Thats awesome bro. Thanks for letting me be of any help, I reallt enjoy the nutrition and biochemistry.

The meals before the show. I would say look at your physique if you feel like you need to make some changes then yes absoloutly make them. Just in general that does not sound like a bad idea with the steak and potatoe and salt and oil. If you decide to eat that meal keep in mind your going to be eating again with the rice cakes. if you think it will be to many carbohydrates and will effect your muscle tone then skip the potatoe in the morning and have just the rice cakes and go for honey insteak of jelly.

Honey is composed of molasis disaccharides which are composed of glucose. Jelly is usually sucralose containing (which is composed of disaccharide fructose and glucose) I would go for all glucose if it was me. The rice cakes are starch ( glucose disaccharides) so your good to go their bro.

As far as the hypoglycemia you have to do what you know is correct for your body, if you know that is what you need, which is fine, then you should do it that way.

Also about the 250 carbs if you feel they are not high enough to carb up i think your plan is perfect about addingg some more carbs the night before and the day of the show.

I am looking forward to seeing picture from your show.

:gaysign:

Future

Future

Since my last show I am beginning to question the whole carb up etc techniques. I wonder why so many look great two weeks out and then tank on show day. I think its because of the manipulations that are done. I am more convinced that a person should just come in lean as possible and not try to use some last second magic.l

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since my last show I am beginning to question the whole carb up etc techniques. I wonder why so many look great two weeks out and then tank on show day. I think its because of the manipulations that are done. I am more convinced that a person should just come in lean as possible and not try to use some last second magic.l

I agree with you to an extent. I think that way too many people pull every trick they have heard out to try to lean/dry/harden up and it just ends up screwing them. I have always went into shows with the modo "nothing drastic" and I think that the plan we have set out falls into that category. But I completely understand what you are saying man. Blows my mind sometimes to watch some competitors completely lose it in the matter of a week but, those guys usually dont look that sharp to begin with.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well I know who I'm asking for nutrition advice in the future. Nice stuff Ben.

Hope the prep goes well Mike!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Thanks Tim!

Yeah I decided this thread kicks ass.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess I was the only one to read Bigben's entire posts, because following this plan would be a terrible decision and would never work. I'll explain why.

For Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday combined, you're looking at a total of 150 grams of carbs. Even though you're increasing protein 100 grams, we can all assume you will be very flat by the time Wednesday morning comes. Not that being depleted at this point is necessarily a bad thing, but everyone knows you're better off NEVER carb-depleting if you're not going to feed yourself enough to achieve fullness.

Wednesday your glycogen stores are at their most depleted, and you're going to make up for that by raising your carbohydrates to 250 grams? Whoopdi-fucking doo, a whole 50 gram increase from his normal amount this late in his diet (which he already stated is low for him). In summary, for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday you're looking at a combined 400 grams of carbs...which is less than he got every day at the start of his diet...

Thursday it's another day of increasing your carbs by a whole fucking whopping 50 grams! But not only that, now you're dropping your water (big mistake). Let's look at the big picture here, you're keeping your carbs basically the same as your average day while lowering water, after 3 days of extreme depletion.

Friday is the same thing carb-wise, but you're only consuming about a half gallon of water. That is just stupid, how exactly were you expecting him to fill out Bigben??

This is NOT a carb-up, this is a six-day depletion.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Creator, because you react so quickly to carbohydrates, I recommend you do a 2&2 carb-up rather than 3&3. Which means, you do a small depletion for 2 days and a carb-up for 2 days.

Day 1 (depletion)
Protein: same (or slight increase)
Carbs: 50-100g
Fat: same

Day 2 (depletion)
Protein: same (or slight increase)
Carbs: 50-100g

Day 3 (carb-up)
Protein: same (or slight decrease)
Carbs: 400-500g
Water: slightly below normal
Sodium: 1-2 grams

Day 4 (carb-up)
Protein: same (or slight decrease)
Carbs: 400-500g
Water: about half your normal amount
Sodium: 1-2 grams

During your carb-up days, I'd recommend little to no activity. Feel free to practice your posing or train specifically for a pump. I would not even consider going into the gym to train with high intensity. This would only pro-long the carb-up process.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you think you look good enough at the beginning of peak week, I'd recommend a plan as simple as this.

Day 1:
Protein: same
Carbs: same
Water: same

Day 2:
Carbs: same

Day 3:
Carbs: increase 50-100 g
Sodium: same

Day 4:
Carbs: increase 50-100 g
Sodium: same

Obviously it depends on how depleted you are. The more depleted you are, the more carbohydrates you could get away with increasing.

Someone mentioned Bigben's plan is what Layne Norton would recommend...fuck no! This is the type of plan Layne would recommend, and it would work very well for someone not looking for drastic changes in the final week. Layne would never deplete glycogen that much, nor would he even consider dropping his water that much.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess I was the only one to read Bigben's entire posts, because following this plan would be a terrible decision and would never work. I'll explain why.

For Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday combined, you're looking at a total of 150 grams of carbs. Even though you're increasing protein 100 grams, we can all assume you will be very flat by the time Wednesday morning comes. Not that being depleted at this point is necessarily a bad thing, but everyone knows you're better off NEVER carb-depleting if you're not going to feed yourself enough to achieve fullness.

Wednesday your glycogen stores are at their most depleted, and you're going to make up for that by raising your carbohydrates to 250 grams? Whoopdi-fucking doo, a whole 50 gram increase from his normal amount this late in his diet (which he already stated is low for him). In summary, for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday you're looking at a combined 400 grams of carbs...which is less than he got every day at the start of his diet...

Thursday it's another day of increasing your carbs by a whole fucking whopping 50 grams! But not only that, now you're dropping your water (big mistake). Let's look at the big picture here, you're keeping your carbs basically the same as your average day while lowering water, after 3 days of extreme depletion.

Friday is the same thing carb-wise, but you're only consuming about a half gallon of water. That is just stupid, how exactly were you expecting him to fill out Bigben??

This is NOT a carb-up, this is a six-day depletion.

If you had enough knowledge to trump mine you should have no need for cussing. If he needs more carbohydrates he will add them in as discussed.

The problem with your plan of restoring glycogen for 2 days is that he will look better on his fourth day,glycogen super compensation reaches a peak at 3 days, not two. Why would creator only take partial advantage of this? Bad idea. The water comments were general guidelines. As i said behind every one of them if he needed more water drink if he is thirsty drink. He absolutely should drink if he is thirsty. Meaning he would never dehydrate or loose fullness. All i was doing was giving a somewhat constrained format for water to limit the free water in his body some. He should not and will not feel starved of water.

As far as the carbohydrates are concerned, again we have steps in order if creator feels he is flat, and plenty of time to correct if needed. Its possible that he could get away with more carbohydrates and he would know exactly how more. If creator needs more carbohydrates he is intelligent and will know by assesing his physique as the days go and knows to add them in. I have never worked with him before and don't know how well he responds to starvation re feeding, but from his posts raising his carbohydrates by 100-150 off of a lower period he said he filled out very well. I'm going off of what he said. If he feels they are low he can raise them. He might choose to go with 350 for 3 days and if thats what he feels he needs then by all means he can do it.

Flex don't ever respond to me with another childish mannered post like the ones you did, and act like I do not know anything because the truth of the matter is I study biochemistry and nutrition daily. I have created diets and training for four people in the last year for photo shoots modeling and helped them get signed to contracts with different agencies and i dont even specialize in getting people ready for shows specifically, but i know physiology of nutrition and nutrition well enough to know how people will respond because I have studied it for 4 years deeply, it is my major, it is the masters program I am applying for. So don't come into a thread, quote me, and speak in a manner as if you are the end all be all of pre contest and peaking, you are not. Don't get me wrong you did a great job with Turkish, but that does not make you an expert. Do it 10 more times with 10 different athletes then you have good evidence to make a claim to say you know pre contest preparation.

Did you even read the training i suggested to go with this specific nutrition intervention or are you assuming he will be training balls to the wall or something? Assuming he will be extremely flat on Wed is incorrect. He should not deplete severely with the training he should just deplete. His training is lower volume with intensity as he feels appropriate with heavy enough weights squeezing every rep. Their is definitely more than one way to reach the finish line and to not acknowledge that is close mindedness.