• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

current status of the Xbox 360?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was looking into buying a 360.. mostly because its cheaper.. but i couldnt find any info on the current batches of 360s being produced. I read that the failure rate is still high(currently @ ~10%, once it was at a staggering ~65% :O).... and not even a match for the Wii and PS3 failure rate... which both stand at around 1%.
the only people i know who have them. all had theres break down a minimum of 2-3 times... others even had to buy new ones.

Anyone have a clue about when a new and not shitty 360 design will finally hit the market?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I don't know how it is in your country, but here in the US if your Xbox fails, you just send it back to Microsoft and they fix it for free.

P

Pain

VIP
Anyone have a clue about when a new and not shitty 360 design will finally hit the market?

Never. MS wont redesign the fault in the 360 or they would probably get sued big time.

The problem is the thing overheating due to bad placement of the heat sink.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know how it is in your country, but here in the US if your Xbox fails, you just send it back to Microsoft and they fix it for free.

Its kinda not officially launched where i live, infact to make a XB live profile or something(i`m not sure exactly what) you have to register it to another country.
we have no official warranty either so you are at the mercy of the shop you bought it from
ofcourse they will usually come with a lot of bullshit when it gets down to the payment part and it can take up to a month before you get your xbox back

so i`m trying to avoid the extreme hassle, frustration and wasting of my lovely monies

same shit with ps3

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My current Xbox status is broken. I came back off my honey moon to pick all my stuff up and move it into my new house and turn my xbox on to get UFC out of it, off course the red ring of death pops up. One of my roommates was probably playing and didn't tell me. It lasted almost 2 years this time.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My xbox status is sold :turborun:

but ive heard new jasper console has less failure rate.

BTW ps3 > xbox

P

Pain

VIP
My xbox status is sold :turborun:

but ive heard new jasper console has less failure rate.

BTW ps3 > xbox

Did you block me from your PS3? It says you haven't logged on in months. :soapbox: