• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

America is Full of Racists

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And this data proves it.
(Medical School Student Acceptance Rates, by ethnicity.)

abm805-1.jpg

Debate.
:food-snacking:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
It's only going to get worse when Obamacare gets passed...

Beck: Obamacare will limit federal money to med schools that show the "proper diversity"

Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:10:47 PM by pabianice

More goodies in the Obamacare Bill. Money for Community Health Organizations includes billions for ACORN. Federal money to med schools will be based upon their proving they are "properly diverse in admissions" and in sending doctors to the proper inner-city communities. (Goodie! More affirmative action doctors!) Will create a new organization to track healthcare to find "racial discrimination" in medical treatment outcome -- to be passed to DOJ for prosecution.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2299529/posts

Forcing people to "be fair" only makes things more unfair.

co05

co05

It is unfair, but how do we go about fixing things otherwise?

co05

co05

judge people based on performance, not race.

seems pretty simple to me.

How do we break people's racist tendencies enough to judge solely on performance?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
How do we break people's racist tendencies enough to judge solely on performance?
In the case of the med students, it seems pretty simple. You get rid of these idiotic affirmative-action type policies, and let the schools pick the students they feel are most qualified.

I don't know, but to me that seems the most logical.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Then blacks are fucked. Not being racist here, but it is true.
Blacks are just as capable as whites, asians, mexicans, etc. The idea that we must "lower the bar" for minorities is ridiculous and demeaning

I don't know about you, but when I'm in the hospital I don't give a shit what race the doctor is....just as long as he's good at his job.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
judge people based on performance, not race.

seems pretty simple to me.

I had this argument with an affirmative action bloke (sexism, racism, etc). He was trying to blame young white males (me) for all the inequity in the world. I asked him for data that proved his assertion and instead got a diatribe about how evil white men were. If I wasn't the organiser of the conference and him our guest speaker I would have asked him to answer the question rather than verbally bash me.

It is really lame how one group in society always has to cop it because another has marginalised in the past. They don't see the hipocrisy in their own arguments. "We are going to marginalise a group in society because we don't want marginalisation in society." Yeh, makes perfect sense. :bitelip:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the last 5-10 years, the minority has been white males. I'm so sick of this affirmative action bullshit.

I know the following isn't related to the medical field but anyways, the UPS driver that delivers to our business every morning has to do extra work and pick up/deliver to and from extra stops because the driver next to his route will complain about UPS being racist if they give him any extra work (he is African American). Well, I see this cock sucker parked in empty parking lots around our warehouse just sitting down with his legs kicked up on the fucking dashboard hanging out doing his bare minimum work.

edit: I completely agree that people applying for school and jobs should be the most qualified individual, not letting someone in because they have to fill a fucking quota.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
of course theyre racists they dont accept latinos :no:

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is really lame how one group in society always has to cop it because another has marginalised in the past. They don't see the hipocrisy in their own arguments. "We are going to marginalise a group in society because we don't want marginalisation in society." Yeh, makes perfect sense. :bitelip:

*cough*jews*cough*

:icon_ninja:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
More Racism? NOT!

From the article "Admissions and Public Higher Education in California, Texas, and Florida: The Post-Affirmative Action Era":

How did Asian-American students fare in the changing admissions environment after Proposition 209 ended affirmative action? Early studies in California suggested that the elimination of affirmative action would significantly advantage Asian-American students in their efforts to gain admission to UC-Berkeley, UCLA, and UC-San Diego. Was that, in fact, the case over time?

The data suggest that Asian-American students in California were the major beneficiaries of Proposition 209 in California. At UC-Berkeley, for example, Asian-American enrollment ("first time in college" enrollment) jumped from 37.30% in 1995 to 43.57% in 2000 following the implementation of Proposition 209, and, since that date, the number and percentage of Asian-Americans has increased steadily at both UC-Berkeley and UCLA, reaching 46.59% at UC-Berkeley and 41.53% at UCLA (in 2008).

For UC-San Diego, the number of Asian-American students continues to increase, from 35.93% in 1995 to 36.33% in 2000 and 46.88% in 2005. Clearly in an open admissions process where affirmative action does not enter into enrollment decisions and where legacy and donor issues are discouraged, Asian-American students compete very well.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My older brother is a firefighter. He had a hell of a time getting a job because he was a white male. In firefighting in Canada there are plenty of standardized tests, and timed courses to make sure the performance is whats graded.

Anyways over a dozen times another candidate was picked over him when they had lower test scores, lower physical fitness level and no real experience (he did an internship while going through school) simply because they were female or a visible minority. I don't care what color your skin is or what your sex is, the best firefighters should get the job every time. Affirmative action puts lives at risk in this sense. The bar should not be lowered for anyone in a field like this.

Lowering the bar for a race in the medical field is terrifying. The MCAT is a standardized test, everyone writes the same one. The people with the best performance should get in. Doctors wrote the test to find the medical aptitude of a person. It is up to the medical profession to develop standardized aptitude tests to the dumb ones can be weeded out.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I slightly disagree with a point there. Standarised tests can be biased to favour certain people. You really need to have several tests that take differences into account.

E.g. men are better at multichoice questions so a whole heap of multichoice will discriminate against women. So best to have two different tests that ask the same things.

Kanav

Kanav

why is there so much bickering about acceptance into med school?

Isn't acceptance and actually graduating two different things. Med school is extremely difficult to get into, and even more difficult to survive. To the point that its impossible to complete if you're not qualified to be there in the first place.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why is there so much bickering about acceptance into med school?

Isn't acceptance and actually graduating two different things. Med school is extremely difficult to get into, and even more difficult to survive. To the point that its impossible to complete if you're not qualified to be there in the first place.

Because you get some students who miss out and could have done very well.

Because you initially reward mediocrity.

Because some students will get through a course to graduation without being any good. Remember the joke about "What do you call the person who spent all of their Med degree years drunk, on drugs, cheated in every exam, had little to no understanding of the subjects and graduated bottom of the class........ Doctor."

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I slightly disagree with a point there. Standarised tests can be biased to favour certain people. You really need to have several tests that take differences into account.

E.g. men are better at multichoice questions so a whole heap of multichoice will discriminate against women. So best to have two different tests that ask the same things.

Agreed, I should more clearly explain my point. Certainly the people making the tests need to carefully make sure that there is no bias in the tests, or that the bias is mitigated by having numerous tests to even out the playing field. However once a good benchmark is set, that should be the basis for determining acceptance. Race should enter nowhere into the equation.

Graduating a program means next to nothing. I am studying engineering right now, supposedly one of the hardest programs there is. We are the people who design and build your bridges, your cars, your airplanes. I have some very stupid people in my classes who will likely graduate because they can cheat or just barely skate by. Weeding out these people from the beginning is much better, because it raises the bar of competition for the rest of us. When you have a bunch of really talented people working and studying together great things happen, constructive competition, great brainstorming. On the other hand when you let people in who have no business being in it allows the smart people to feel better about themselves by comparison.

Kanav

Kanav

Because you get some students who miss out and could have done very well.

Because you initially reward mediocrity.

Because some students will get through a course to graduation without being any good. Remember the joke about "What do you call the person who spent all of their Med degree years drunk, on drugs, cheated in every exam, had little to no understanding of the subjects and graduated bottom of the class........ Doctor."

touche :thumbsup2: