• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Knot on back of neck

R

rollinswollen36

Hey guys, I have recently started doing heavy squats, and about a month or so ago i have notice a good sized knot on the back of my neck, right in between my traps. There is no pain whatsoever, its just odly shaped. Do you guys have any idea what this could be?? Thanks, and TRAIN HARD!

curtisymoo

curtisymoo

the kind that JoJ has? you get that from heavy squatting i heard
(no joke)

Y

yeahbuddy

Yeah, they call it a squat knot. Not everyone gets one though. I have a small one.

R

rollinswollen36

ok great, so its nothing I nerd to be worrying about or anything?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rugby players get it, I haven't heard it called a squat knot.

It is a growth of some sort, I read a paper about it and the general conclusion was that there was no immediately understandable cause for it, it didn't seem to be causing any problems and wasn't really anything to worry about.

What I would say though is, why would it form in only some individuals and not others unless there was something you should address about the way you lift. Take some video of yourself lifting and see if you crane your neck, round, cave, flex, etc.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe if you move the bar down ever so slightly it might help. The traps will then take most of the bar/weight.

JohnnieJackson_3days3JPG-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

R

rollinswollen36

Yeah, it litterally looks exactly like JOJ's, im not to worried about it tho..

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i got one too, it use to hurt at first but it passed. Its like extra support

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys, I have recently started doing heavy squats, and about a month or so ago i have notice a good sized knot on the back of my neck, right in between my traps. There is no pain whatsoever, its just odly shaped. Do you guys have any idea what this could be?? Thanks, and TRAIN HARD!

I'll come to Gold's and we'll work on your bar position. Meantime, get some pics up here:deadhorse: