• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Macros for cutting

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok so i`m standing roughly at 191lb with 20% Bf (its my first time using calipers.. and i did the 7 site test.. obviously i had to be a little inventive when it came to measure some places) (i rounded up the numbers for simplicities sake)

I want to get seriously cutting.... what would be the macros for cutting with my stats?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Macros are pretty standard. Calories are the one to worry about.

At +20% it really doesn't matter that much about your macros. The main thing is to be nitrogen positive and be training hard so that you retain the muscle. Start worring about the other details when you get a hell of a lot leaner.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its the standard macros i`m looking for... everything else i`m already doing(related to training) or have the values ready (how much cals)

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how much cals? that depends on you. your daily activity level etc. roughly i would say go down about 500cals from your regular cal intake level.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how much cals? that depends on you. your daily activity level etc. roughly i would say go down about 500cals from your regular cal intake level.

again i already know how much calories i have to take!!!!
i just need to know how much comes from Carbs, protein and fats... i have some values but they are BW and i`d prefer for LeanBW

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^ It's not a complicated process to do. What are your macros as of now!?! Like Tim said, worry about the macro's when your alot leaner than you are.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why cant i just worry about them now?
tbh i dont know.. i just eat a lot of protein..
carbs around 15-20 everymeal( breakfast, post and pre are around 30)
fats... 4g per meal except for post and pre

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP

Because it's unnecessary, really. And anyway they'll only change slightly.

I thought you know how much you need and everything, how do you know when you don't know how much protein you have each day!

Go for this- 50% Carbs, 30% protein and 20% Fats. You really need to find out just about how many calories your having day in and day out. It is this that you'll then have to evaluate and depending if you've maintained your bodyweight, lower the total calores by 500 or so. Or you can do more aerobics.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Because it's unnecessary, really. And anyway they'll only change slightly.

I thought you know how much you need and everything, how do you know when you don't know how much protein you have each day!

Go for this- 50% Carbs, 30% protein and 20% Fats. You really need to find out just about how many calories your having day in and day out. It is this that you'll then have to evaluate and depending if you've maintained your bodyweight, lower the total calores by 500 or so. Or you can do more aerobics.

protein is high.. around 40 g per meal.. i`m a believer in high protein..

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
exactly , and after a while when you've dropped bodyfat a lot..you can go into a daily process of being specific about lowering carbs, and doing more cardio..if you are infact trying to get shredded...and when you do that, your caloric intake will go down a lot, aswill your energy lol.. so don't kill yourself over it, have fun with it..and you may need some caffein eventually to get you through the heartache of low carb. Good luck homie..I've basically bullshitted a diet and cut regimen, and as long as you do it basically the right way , and do your cardo decently, after time..don't worry, you will get those abs. =)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
again i already know how much calories i have to take!!!!
i just need to know how much comes from Carbs, protein and fats... i have some values but they are BW and i`d prefer for LeanBW

well you have to figure that out by yourself. every body is different. you are the only one who knows how your body reacts to carbs, fat etc.

like for me, i have to cut my carbs back a lot otherwise i will store up to 4-5 lbs of water in 2-3 days.

if i would be on your bf-weight line, i would go with ~300g protein a day and build the rest of the calories by fat and carbs and see how it goes.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So how many meals is that?

Appears you're getting around 60% protein in your diet, that's very high. Your calories must be very low. If you're not dropping weight with that diet, you have a very slow metabolism.

That's why people here can't tell you which macro count to roll with. Obviously you wouldn't change your macro %'s to 40/40/20 after already being 60/30/10 (or whatever it is), you'd never lose weight!

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its the standard macros i`m looking for... everything else i`m already doing(related to training) or have the values ready (how much cals)

How many calories are you taking in? How much are you burning off? How did you decide on how many calories you need to be eating?

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just as Tim has mentioned. Macros are not the culprits. It's your calorie intake that should be considered. How much colorie you consume a day will affect your overall weight.

Push50

Push50

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Macros are important
Calories are important
But what you really need to do is figure your Basal Metabolic Rate and your Daily Required Intake. These will hold you determine your total calories required at rest and with activity. Reduce the RDI by 500 calories and then figure your macros off of that number. You should be able to drop 1-3 lbs a week.

Every one is different when it comes to cutting. I generally run high protein moderate fats and low carb. My macros may look like this:
Protein-50%
Carbs-30%
Fats-20%

I function very well on these macros for a cut but not for very one will. Sometimes it is trial and error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk