• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Creatine?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
what is the best creatine out there? i take creatine for around 2 months a year (coz im usually broke after two months lol) i usually take Cell-Mass its easy to drink and very tolerable. I dunno if its just the way my body works but it takes about 2 weeks for me to notice ANY difference and i feel the best around 3 days after my tub is over (which is why i now buy 2 at a time). Im planning on taking creatine for 1.5-2 months with 1-2 week breaks inbetween for about 6 months (starting in two weeks) is there any creatine better or am i set? I guess what im asking is what are your favorite creatines?

I used to take Cell-Tech but all muscletech products make sick half ways through the tub, i cant stand the smell after a while .

p.s. WTF is Anabolic Halo? they talk about it like its fucken magic but i know thats BS, i wanna know what it really is and what it really does

M

murray.gill

im not sure what the best creatine is out there.. they all work, but i can help u with the taste of it. Why dont you mix your creatine with a protein shake, its a lot easier to drink and more enjoyable. The extra protein will contribute to your muscle growth that im taking you obviously want.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
im not sure what the best creatine is out there.. they all work, but i can help u with the taste of it. Why dont you mix your creatine with a protein shake, its a lot easier to drink and more enjoyable. The extra protein will contribute to your muscle growth that im taking you obviously want.

mixing your protein with your creatine will lower the creatine absobption level since your body will be to busy trying to process it with the protein. I will take protein for sure, protein is #1. I usually take creatine 20 minutes before my workout is over, and then MAYBE a protein shake and 20 minutes after that i eat food (if im really hungry, ill skip the shake and go straight to a meal)... when i have protein, i take about 2-3 shakes a day about an hour or two inbetween my meals

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Study to show that???

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Just go with good ol Creatine Mono. I don't see any real point in all the other crap they throw in.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I take ON creatine mono. Simple, easy and cheap.

Only thing I do differently now is to have it pre-workout only.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I take ON creatine mono. Simple, easy and cheap.

Only thing I do differently now is to have it pre-workout only.

What's the reason for that Tim ?

I bought a 1 kilo tub from Dymatize mono. cheap, and efective.

I take it only post-workout though..

T

tavuthekid

dymatize mono is the best i have ever tried it has worked miracles for me

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Ive never reacted to creatine mono when ive tried it. Iv'e recently been thinking of trying creatine ethly ester. Iv'e heard that people respond good on that aswell, it is more expensive than mon though, but as long as I get results from it i'm not fussed. Has anyone had experience with this creatine?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What's the reason for that Tim ?

I bought a 1 kilo tub from Dymatize mono. cheap, and efective.

I take it only post-workout though..

I was finding that post workout was causing bloat. I think this is something to do with just straight up timing. I then read a study about best gains being had from pre-workout administration of creatine.

I don't have the study on me, as I was just searching for an answer to my query.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I was finding that post workout was causing bloat. I think this is something to do with just straight up timing. I then read a study about best gains being had from pre-workout administration of creatine.

I don't have the study on me, as I was just searching for an answer to my query.

do you take it with your pw meal , or like 15 min before workout?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I take a shake just before.

I snack several times throughout the day. So pre-workout meal is kinda meaningless to me.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Ive never reacted to creatine mono when ive tried it. Iv'e recently been thinking of trying creatine ethly ester. Iv'e heard that people respond good on that aswell, it is more expensive than mon though, but as long as I get results from it i'm not fussed. Has anyone had experience with this creatine?

mono for me works pretty fast, and ethyl ester takes time for my body to really take it... but once it does i feel as if it lasts longer in my body and i feel the effects of it for a bout a week or a week and a half after i stop taking it. I dunno if thats how its supposed to work out but thats what i have noticed for myself. i just ordered a little stack this morning....

2 Optimum Nutrition gold 80 serving protein tub
1 cellmass 40 serving
1 glutamine 100 (5 gram) serving..... Before i run out of cellmass (ethyl ester) i will try mono and see if i notice a difference in the switch

the stack costed 133.40 with a free water bottle lol
DPSnutrition.net has good prices but i dunno if its over seas of USA

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
mono for me works pretty fast, and ethyl ester takes time for my body to really take it... but once it does i feel as if it lasts longer in my body and i feel the effects of it for a bout a week or a week and a half after i stop taking it. I dunno if thats how its supposed to work out but thats what i have noticed for myself. i just ordered a little stack this morning....

2 Optimum Nutrition gold 80 serving protein tub
1 cellmass 40 serving
1 glutamine 100 (5 gram) serving..... Before i run out of cellmass (ethyl ester) i will try mono and see if i notice a difference in the switch

the stack costed 133.40 with a free water bottle lol
DPSnutrition.net has good prices but i dunno if its over seas of USA

That seems like a big stack lol and it's dirt cheap.

Creatine ethyl ester is supposed to get in your system faster because it's more soluble and it doesn't have any of the side effects of mono like bloating and stomach problems, and theres no need to load up on it, just a small amount per day. I'm going to give it a shot in the next couple of days and see how I respond to it. I'm hoping I do do. Not sure why I dont tbh, I have heard that 70% of user reportedly have results and the other 30% less lucky people don't have any benfits whatsoever.

Let us know if you notice any difference between the two this time round.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
That seems like a big stack lol and it's dirt cheap.

Creatine ethyl ester is supposed to get in your system faster because it's more soluble and it doesn't have any of the side effects of mono like bloating and stomach problems, and theres no need to load up on it, just a small amount per day. I'm going to give it a shot in the next couple of days and see how I respond to it. I'm hoping I do do. Not sure why I dont tbh, I have heard that 70% of user reportedly have results and the other 30% less lucky people don't have any benfits whatsoever.

Let us know if you notice any difference between the two this time round.

yeah i got a pretty good price, but ill run out of that cellmass in 2 weeks...

yeah i think the thing with ethyl ester is that since ure body absobs it faster, there is no loading or bloating. but since there is no loading, it takes time for u to fully feel the effects, like i said it takes me an average of 2 weeks and 3 days to feel the maximum effect of creatine. with mono, u load up and u bloat up but i feel that in around a week and a half (prolly coz u fill ure body up with it when loading). But im just speculating...

ethyl ester is better imo because when i take cell mass, i drink it 3/4 of the way through my workout and i feel fine drinking it, its like water. And then i can either drink a protein shake or eat 20-30 minutes later (right after my workout) and i feel like the creatine is completely down and they are not being digested at the same time. i dont feel full at all and im able to take down whatever i want in a short period of time. i was just wondering if there were other companies out there that produced better ethyl ester creatine than cellmass

EDIT: im pretty sure mono servings are bigger and have more grams of creatine. Ethyl Ester is usually around 40-60 percent the ammount of grams of the average mono.... and ethyl is more expensive and u blow through it quicker

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mixing your protein with your creatine will lower the creatine absobption level since your body will be to busy trying to process it with the protein. I will take protein for sure, protein is #1. I usually take creatine 20 minutes before my workout is over, and then MAYBE a protein shake and 20 minutes after that i eat food (if im really hungry, ill skip the shake and go straight to a meal)... when i have protein, i take about 2-3 shakes a day about an hour or two inbetween my meals

Hate to be pesky, but can you please post the study that shows this to be the case. You've posted other replies and I'd appreciate this being quantified/justified :thumbsup2:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Hate to be pesky, but can you please post the study that shows this to be the case. You've posted other replies and I'd appreciate this being quantified/justified :thumbsup2:

oh sorry bro, i was actually going to reply but i completely forgot. I guess im just going off speculation. On directions of creatine, it sais to take it on an empty stomach or 30 minutes before you eat for maximum absorbption. I have read articles when i wanted to learn about creating before i first bought whichc was when i was like 17 LOL. Ive also read in a lot of places and a lot of people say that you should take Glutamine (aswell as a few other Amino Acids) on an empty stomach because it will increase your absorption and if u take it with food, your food may absorb it and you may end up shitting most of it out. Creatine is biosynthesized by Amino Acids so i figure its fairly relative to the absoption of Amino Acids.

Just about every label of creatine or Amino Acid directions state to drink on an empty stomach or 30 minutes before eating. So i guess im going by speculation and things i have read throughout the years. I will look for articles to support it soon because i cannot even remember where i read these articles since it had been so many years. I have no proof so u dont have to beleive me until i produce articles. im feeling lazy now so i might look for some tonight or tomorrow.

B

bigdan

Creatine mono is my favorite.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Ok cool.

Seems odd logic. It's just that empty stomach is nigh on impossible if you are meant to eat every 2-3hrs. A decent lump of meat may take 4hrs or more to digest.

In terms of speed of absorption I can see that empty stomach would be great. But in terms of bioavailability I don't see the issue. It being bound to anything is only going to be temporary (unless it binds to fibre, which is a possibility).

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just take 5g creatine monohydrate powder after a workout with your post workout shake, simple.