• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Peanut Butter

M

murray.gill

Hey guys... is peanut butter really as good as they say it is for you as a source of protein and good fat source.... ?

i mean is it fine if you have like a tea spoon of it with a fruit as a mid morning or afternoon snack? its not fattening or anything like that...??

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Everything is fattening if you eat enough of it.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should do a quick forum search before opening threads like these, the peanut butter discussion has taken palce before here.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are truly only adding a teaspoon of it, you are fine to do that. When you chose the right kind of peanut butter like Adam's Natural, it is a healthy choice of fats. That being said, it is still very easy to rack up calories fast because it is dense with them. Just make sure that you are balanced and that your fat does not exceed 25-30% of your total calories.

P

proteinguysx

Well I seen peanut butter flavor with protein, I mean peanuts and protein I dont know about that but it seems to work. I usually buy peanut butter and I put it on a bread or crackers, im not profesional but I know in the gym it works it really works unless you are a teenager next day you will have pimples but if you are adult it works believe me I think the key is to know WHEN to eat it not so much how much, I usually take it before my workout some days a week.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, peanut butter has a healthy dose of protein, also peanut butter is extremely rich in monounsaturated fats- the healthy ones that can help prevent heart disease and these fats are less likely to be stored as body fat as well.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

One teaspoon of peanut butter each morning a day? I don't think so. Once you spread it on a loaf of bread, sure it will. Peanut butter is healthy in general, have it in moderation though. It does have pros and cons.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Hey guys... is peanut butter really as good as they say it is for you as a source of protein and good fat source.... ?

i mean is it fine if you have like a tea spoon of it with a fruit as a mid morning or afternoon snack? its not fattening or anything like that...??

Peanut Butter is good for your heart and gives you energy, it's also rich in fibre thus promoting weight loss. In my opinion it's best eaten before workout. I like to make my own peanut butter. What I do is buy peanuts then I dry roast it in a big wok with just a bit of oil and salt. Then I would put it in a food processor with some oil until fine then I'll add honey and it always tastes great.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I grew up in peanut butter and bread for breakfast. My grandma said that it was a healthy breakfast that will make me grow taller. I am the 3rd in a brood of 4 boys and I'm the tallest. Perhaps it was because of the peanut butter? I was the only one who grew up with my grandma.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think any food can make you gain weight if you more than required.you can eat peanut butter anytime as long as you are doing an activity or something. Since sitting at home doing nothing while eating a lot can lead to weight gain you can do some exercises everyday to prevent that.