• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Olympia Clash of the Titans: Martinez vs Wheeler

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
martinez_vs_wheeler_lg.jpg

The fourth in our Olympia Clash of the Titans series shines the spotlight on two men who seemingly have it all. The first is fighting to regain his momentum after coming back from a near career ending injury. The second will go down in history as one of the greatest physiques of all-time. It's a battle of the genetically gifted as Victor Martinez takes on Flex Wheeler.

6266.jpg
6267.jpg

NAME: Victor Martinez
HEIGHT: 5'9"
WEIGHT: 250 pounds
OLYMPIA HISTORY: 2004, 9th; 2005, 5th; 2006, 3rd; 2007, 2nd

NAME: Flex Wheeler
HEIGHT: 5'10"
WEIGHT: 235 pounds
OLYMPIA HISTORY: 1993, 2nd; 1995, 8th; 1996, 4th; 1998, 2nd; 1999, 2nd; 2000, 3rd; 2002, 7th;

SCOUTING REPORT: MARTINEZ

Martinez sports great structure with long, full muscles and excellent proportions. His wide clavicles and chest to back thickness give his torso incredible depth. Straddling the line between size and shape more than any other modern bodybuilder, Martinez is a serious threat in any lineup.

SCOUTING REPORT: WHEELER
Known for his flowing lines and flawless symmetry, Wheeler was the epitome of the classical physique, combining stellar shape with intricate details. His tiny joints and billowing muscle bellies made him appear at least 15-20 pounds bigger.

FRONT VIEW:
Standing relaxed, Wheeler presents a pretty physique but Martinez outsizes him with his wider structure. Wheeler just edges out Martinez in the front double biceps and front lat spread with his smaller joints, greater quad flare and overall condition.

SIDE VIEW:
Both men have hams that drop to the floor with deep separation from the quads but Martinez has greater torso mass to take the side chest. Side triceps are just about even.

REAR VIEW:
Martinez exposes Wheeler's lack of width in the rear lat spread. However, Wheeler, owner of one of the most intricately detailed backs in the sport's history, evens the score with his rear double biceps.

THE WINNER: WHEELER
Although Martinez's mass and shape are standouts against nearly every competitor, Wheeler's detail, especially in his abdominal region and front quads, draw our eyes. Bodypart for bodypart, the two are nearly equal but overall, Wheeler's genetic gifts, i.e., his cartoonish proportions, give him the edge.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
For overall, i'd say Flex takes it, but in that side chest shot, Victor is winning imo.

oh and i think that Phil will be compared to Kevin haha :D

P

Pain

VIP
Not exactly the best Wheeler shot to use.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ synthol in arms and shoulders, victor beats hi IMO, was never a flex fan

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Victor does not even stand a chance with Flex at his prime.

Vic has Flex in few poses (and conditioning) but overall I might give this to Flex.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
in these pics, victor takes i hands down. but when its all said and done, Flex will be remembered as a better uncrowned olympian than victor

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ we dont know yet, who knows? he might win this year

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ definitely that one!! 3 of the greatest right there.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know its off topic but I always wonder what Flex would have felt when he saw Ronnie back stage... the night before he would've been like "Hell no way any humans gunna beat me in this condition" ... and then I just wonder what he must have felt when he saw Ronnie on stage :) I am bigger fan of Flex's than of Ronnie but Ronnie that show was JUST NOT HUMAN!

F

fitmod066

Ronnie looked amazing in that british gp!!!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
JEez, his shoulders look like shit, full of oil, u cant seriously tell me that his shoulders look bigger than levrones, and be natural...plus ronnie dominates in the shoulders in that pic, look at that front delt!

Flex sans Synthol< Victor