• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Gustavo Badell wins 2009 Atlantic City Pro

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1.) Gustavo Badell
2.) Hide Yamagishi
3.) Troy Alves
4.) Melvin Anthony
5.) Leo Ingram

No, I don't agree with it and neither do many other people. These placings will cause a lot of controversy, especially Alves in 3rd. He was 1st or 2nd at worst.

20zcz8p-1.jpg

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
AWESOME! just as i predicted :D great news

i can see how they may have placed hide above troy simply because he is more complete and less body parts missing. that being said, i wouldve gone for troy's shape and conditioning. but i guess it was apples and oranges, couldve gone either way.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
best photo of the contest .... damn it not working with me :doh:

index.php

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
AWESOME! just as i predicted :D great news

i can see how they may have placed hide above troy simply because he is more complete and less body parts missing. that being said, i wouldve gone for troy's shape and conditioning. but i guess it was apples and oranges, couldve gone either way.
Rich Gaspari was a judge. Hide is a Gaspari athlete. He probably placed Hide 1st or 2nd, then Alves 4th.

Shows how corrupt bodybuilding is.

:49:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^^^ oh well :/ its not like troy was miles ahead of hide. kinda sux coz that may have been the case.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^^ oh well :/ its not like troy was miles ahead of hide. kinda sux coz that may have been the case.
Actually he was.

Hide lacks separation, not as thick as troy, not as wide, not as conditioned and/or holding water.

Troy has Hide beat in nearly every way and beats him in every pose with the exception of 1....or 2

Hide is very overrated IMO

D

dsg36

I was there, and thought it was pretty close and could have gone a few different ways. Troy was definitely shredded, but seemed much smaller compared to Gustavo. I personally like Hide, and thought he came in ripped and on for the show. I do agree like it was said above tho, it is apples vs. oranges and could have gone either way.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
congrats to Gustavo !! he came in a very good condition !!

but Troy in 3rd place is just bullshit :no:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was there, and thought it was pretty close and could have gone a few different ways. Troy was definitely shredded, but seemed much smaller compared to Gustavo. I personally like Hide, and thought he came in ripped and on for the show. I do agree like it was said above tho, it is apples vs. oranges and could have gone either way.
You may have been there and certainly had a better view than I have with pictures, but Troy Alves is far from small compared to Gustavo.

Just look at the back shots for example. Troy has more lat width, a thicker back, bigger hamstrings..

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Actually he was.

Hide lacks separation, not as thick as troy, not as wide, not as conditioned and/or holding water.

Troy has Hide beat in nearly every way and beats him in every pose with the exception of 1....or 2

Hide is very overrated IMO

Hide had melvin beat pretty easily IMO so thats far from overrated.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rich Gaspari was a judge. Hide is a Gaspari athlete. He probably placed Hide 1st or 2nd, then Alves 4th.

Shows how corrupt bodybuilding is.

:49:

I agree that he shouldn't be judging, but the highest and lowest scores get deleted, so if he placed placed hide 1st it wouldn't have counted

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that he shouldn't be judging, but the highest and lowest scores get deleted, so if he placed placed hide 1st it wouldn't have counted
It still makes a big impact for 2 reasons.

1.) That takes away another judge's bad placing

2.) That judge (Gaspari) can easily persuade other judges into judging differently.

Shadow

Shadow

And you know that Rich Gaspari is a dishonest judge how? From everything that I'e seen of Gaspari over the years he strikes me as a stand up guy and I'd be very surprised if he was biased when it came to judging.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Troy should NOT have won the show but he should have placed 2nd. Gustavo was a clear winner to me (yes, I was sceptic about him coming in ripped but I'm glad he proved me wrong).

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And you know that Rich Gaspari is a dishonest judge how? From everything that I'e seen of Gaspari over the years he strikes me as a stand up guy and I'd be very surprised if he was biased when it came to judging.

Caught in the live broadcast sitting at the judges panel.

Taken from this video (half way through)

Last edited by a moderator:
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
...and once again during the men's open

6epvsl-1.jpg

B

BauBau

well that photo and video just disgust me. that shows the "respect" some judges give to the athlete. they diet for so long and when it comes to the day of the show some retarded judge who was in bahams explains how was his journey or even worse convincing other judges to score in his favour. THAT IS A SHAME. Shame on rich gaspari and all of the judges who dont pay fuckin atention on the athletes

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I also think that Troy should've won, but anyway congrats to Badell. Hide looked shredded, deserved the 2nd place imo.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Ingram 5th place, the guy is a freak!

_W5Q7615_FHLQECKLAT-1.jpg

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I had Troy in 1st place if not that DEFO 2nd place! Shame on Rich :no: