• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

HCL use

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Want to release more HCL? Make yourself stressed.... there's a whole nation of people with stress induced ulcers who would disagree that insufficient HCL secretion is a problem. Poliquin is an idiot.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ so thats the cause for ulcers?! good to know IS, now i know i wont look into it anymore lolz, just got me interested cuz it would increase absorption rates of food.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ so thats the cause for ulcers?! good to know IS, now i know i wont look into it anymore lolz, just got me interested cuz it would increase absorption rates of food.

Well, the main cause of ulcers is the presence of a bacteria called H-pylori, but stress causes the release of histamine from mast cells which bind to H2 receptors, which ultimately increase HCl secretion. There's just so much junk science out there, when someone says that HCl supplementation can result in 18 lbs of muscle gain in a matter of weeks/months without changing anything else, you know something is pretty suspect....

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ yeah, and normally T-nation posts some good articles, dont know what happened there.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ yeah, and normally T-nation posts some good articles, dont know what happened there.

Poliquin lost his mind years ago... he's the Mike Tyson of the strength and conditioning world. Initially he was great, came out with some solid, hard hitting stuff, and was probably the undisputed champ in the industry..... then after a while, he lost his mind, and now is just hanging around doing new and crazy stuff for attention.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I spotted that article on HCl supplementation ages ago and couldn't believe it.

It left me wondering who would actually try to sell this to people?? But then again I've seen fertiliser companies try to sell silicon to farmers. Same thing really.