• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

pre workout supps?

S

sn256188

what are some good pre workout supps? I have been on NO explode for 1 and a half months now and I want to try a new supplement

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NO products are a waste of money. I sacrificed myself on the pyre of pointlessness proving that in a thread here.

Pre-workout you can take a number of things. A pre-workout meal is usually in order but that isn't immediately beforehand.

Immediately prior try to keep the foods easily digested, such as BCAA powders, Whey Isolates, possibly some creatine, caffeine, and beta-alanine.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NO products are a waste of money. I sacrificed myself on the pyre of pointlessness proving that in a thread here.

Pre-workout you can take a number of things. A pre-workout meal is usually in order but that isn't immediately beforehand.

Immediately prior try to keep the foods easily digested, such as BCAA powders, Whey Isolates, possibly some creatine, caffeine, and beta-alanine.

i totally agree with pre workout supplements are just a waste of money,
you can just mix something together and do a better job

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I'm also not a fan of pre workout supps but I've got to disagree with you on one thing. You can't really expect some tremendous pump by doing singles, doubles or triples. I believe you could have gotten way better pump if you had done higher rep sets but since youre a weightlifer - well higher rep sets are out of the question then I guess.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chocolat milk! Works for me

Salt

Salt

I actually think that Superpump250 is a pretty desent pre workout sup. Gives quite alot of energi and a good pump.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
RPM from applied nutriceuticals and regular beta alanine

R

RIP

^ Miamiracing told me about RPM about 7 months back. Its great, you can e-mail applied nutriceuticals for a free sample.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually think that Superpump250 is a pretty desent pre workout sup. Gives quite alot of energi and a good pump.

If you want to take 3 serves and can get past the taste, sure.

I wouldn't waste my money again with it.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you want to take 3 serves and can get past the taste, sure.

I wouldn't waste my money again with it.

Tim, I know you are a man of science and all and I know there are little to no evidence backing the effects of a product like Superpump up, but the fact is a lot of people get a tremendeus kick form this product. And not only because of the caffeine - I actually know several hardcore coffee-drinkers who tried this product and got absolutely fired up, even though they are used to huge amounts of caffeine. Maybe you should accept that people respond differently to these products and you just don't respond well to it?

Personally I would drop dead from 3 servings - that's way too much since I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to these stimulants. I only need 1-1,5 - that's more than enough. My point is that maybe you should consider the fact that there exists non-responders vs responders to these products like creatine, instead of just writing it off just because it didn't help you since it obviously has an effect on a lot of other people :)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim, I know you are a man of science and all and I know there are little to no evidence backing the effects of a product like Superpump up, but the fact is a lot of people get a tremendeus kick form this product. And not only because of the caffeine - I actually know several hardcore coffee-drinkers who tried this product and got absolutely fired up, even though they are used to huge amounts of caffeine. Maybe you should accept that people respond differently to these products and you just don't respond well to it?

Personally I would drop dead from 3 servings - that's way too much since I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to these stimulants. I only need 1-1,5 - that's more than enough. My point is that maybe you should consider the fact that there exists non-responders vs responders to these products like creatine, instead of just writing it off just because it didn't help you since it obviously has an effect on a lot of other people :)

Have a read through the thread I did on this, you'll see I've covered most of what you are talking about. Plus you'll also see that quite a few people chipped in to say that they had also found you needed a higher dose. I agree that I may not be overly sensitive to the product, but there does appear to be a lot of people who aren't as well.

Also I am sure you're aware, but we should claify; the NO products may pep you up and give you a pump, but that doesn't actually result in muscle growth or a better workout. If you are lacking energy, something I was looking for, these products don't actually give you energy, they just give you a stimulant. So if you are feeling flat then a stimulant won't always pep you up. This means one of the benefits is going to be hit and miss. Add to this the lack of value in a pump in terms of muscle growth and recovery and it is rather useless.

Anabolicus, I saw your comment before and let it stand because it is true. But I'd ask you read my thread and you'll see I eventually got a response and pump from a higher dose.

cereal

cereal

20g whey, beta-alanine and three caffeine pills (100mg each)
thats it, simple and cheap.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I've yet to try any pre-workout supplements like NO. I have tried one that I got free with a magazine and it was horrible and the only thing I go from it was a headache and nausea. I was speaking to a guy at my gym and he's using the BSN one and says it's terrific! He's making me think about trying it more and more. I may look into it, but at the moment, I don't have money to waste if it will just give me negative effects.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

PRE-WO "formulas" and all that hype are just a money robbing.Creatine mono, caffeine and beta alanine pills, they are cheap and works perfectly, the rest is up to your mind.