• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Valerian Root

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Right, bought some of these because lately I have been struggling nodding off to sleep and a previous thread I made valerian was mentioned quite abit. So Whats the best dosages to take? It says to have 1-2 tabs before bed (1 tab=450mg valerian root). How long before bedtime should I take it? I took 2 last night and woke up with a headache and ive still got it now, feeling abit groggy. Is this normal? And can they be put in to your daily routine or once ive ran out should i try and sleep on my own behalf rather relying on supps?

Oh and @ Tech if he visits. They fucking stink!! I was heaving getting them down my throat! :ugh:

Thanks for the help in advance.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If your experiencing headaches i would not bother with the supplement you bought if you are sure that is whats causing them, bc that just adds to your physical stress.

On the supplement side:
Go buy some tryptophan it is a precursor to seratonin and does not effect your all important REM sleep. Or try GABA it has been shown to greatly improve the quality of sleep.

Things you can alter physically:
The darker your room is at night the better. Light exposure reduces levels of melatonin. Other causes of difficulty falling asleep can be an active mind, stop thinking about your day and relax. Deep breathing, also called equal ratio breathing, is a fantastic technique used to help manage stress, it slows things down and allows you to gain control of your thoughts and for lack of a better phrase 'let them go.' To do equal ratio breathing breathe in for 4 seconds then out for 4 seconds, do this 5 times.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^Thanks a lot Ben. :)